auto transmission question

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
anyone has an experience their AT failure? do we know the symptom?
how to ensure our AT are at good condition?
what kind of ATF do you use?how much?
some mechanics suggest to do flushing..does this is good?
i don't see a AT filter in the manual..does the car has it?
IF At failure, what you guys do?get it from scrapyard?repair?anyshop does it?
i saw a few shop in Kepong, batucaves rework this.last time my friends
accent do AT rework at Panjang Keramat.they only change AT clutch.
can we get the spares?

i do experience my gearshift a bit longer when in cold.when hits 4000rpm,
its gone. only once then the whole trip, OK. WHY?
which sensor is associates with gearshift? could it be the cause?how much?

thanks in advance

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
BlackSamurai said:
ABV9750, are u driving an Accent?
Nope! i'm using Elantra 2 (96-98). the engine is same as your coupe.only that its a
1.6Gls w/o ABS. (btw, i saw 1 red coupe halfcut at Hakitrade last time. i took the air duct).

i suspect it's a speed sensor or cable problem. i experience a disturb speedometer indicator
when exceed 80kmh last time. it's drop all the way to 200kmh and can heard a sound. happened for 1 weeks. Now its OK. BUT after that i start to realise that my first gear shift not smooth when cold or hitting holes. when i revs till 4+++rpm, its gone.

anyway, i would like to know how you guys maintain the AT.i'm quite scared to knows a few hyundai owner having this problem.

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
ABV9750, sorry, can't help you here, mine it MT. :D
mind telling me where is Hakitrade? half cut...

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
A/T is basically maintainance-free... make u sure change ATF every 20,000km (some do at 15,000km) and change filter every 40,000km. There is no need to flush everything every 40,000km but it is recommended to do it every year (especially for city-driven cars).

Another thing... A/T needs time to pick up so, just go easy on the throttle... start with 25% and gently push up to 70%... don't floor it!

Install an oil cooler to reduce heat to A/T when climbing hills or heavy traffic conditions.

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
acbc said:
A/T is basically maintainance-free... make u sure change ATF every 20,000km (some do at 15,000km) and change filter every 40,000km. There is no need to flush everything every 40,000km but it is recommended to do it every year (especially for city-driven cars).

Another thing... A/T needs time to pick up so, just go easy on the throttle... start with 25% and gently push up to 70%... don't floor it!

Install an oil cooler to reduce heat to A/T when climbing hills or heavy traffic conditions.
thanks for the infomation. i check at the manual book and they recommended change every 30000km with hyundai ATF, diamond SPR. where can i get this ATF from spareparts shop?
hyundai mechanic at glenmarie recommended AC delco with dextron 3. is this the ATF spec.? like a Dot3,4 for brake fluid?
does hyundai car has AT filter like proton? i don't see it inside the schedule maintenance.

ya, i realise AT is really weak during pick up. BUT if i start from zero, half throttle will lead me infront w/o release pedal.only that when there's a slow car infront, then to accelerate is very hard.i need to release pedal and start press again.

black samurai,
hakitrade is at kg baru subang. the biggest scrapyard there. they have a lot of halfcut from singapore: elantra1,2 and 3. sonata 1,2 and 3. accent, kia spectra etc..
they also have a few 1.8 coupe halfcut.
(*you must really bargain the price coz they mark up higher)

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone here know where I can buy a set of Mintex M1144 brake pads for a Satria Neo. Specifically for the rears. Even just a number for a shop that brings in Mintex pads would be great. Thanks in advance!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience