A newbie's stupid question.

jayson21k

Sep 20, 2005
PD
:confused:Can I install a pair of mid bass 6.5" speakers at the rear with low pass filter and run directly from a high power HU, without any amp? And then parallel to a pair of 3.5" 2 way coaxial speakers? making total of 4 speakers (incl. of build in coaxial tweeter) at the rear. This may sound stupid but sort of on a low budget!:confused:

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
so u have 2 pairs of speakers per one HU speaker out, connected in parallel? i think HU will blow if it becomes unstable from higher load / resistance. single speaker 4ohm, 2 spkrs in parallel 2 ohms. what u can do is make a passive crossover, high pass to the 3" coaxial, lowpass to the 6" midbass. both around 400-500hz is ok.

jayson21k

Sep 20, 2005
PD
Thanks a lot Zenn. As per your recommedation, running a passive crossover high pass for the 6" and low pass for the 3" with both at around 400-500Hz; these were in my mind earlier but where and how can I source for these crossovers? Can I just buy coil inductors and capacitors from Pasar road and make one by referring to some guide table from some website? Alternatively, factory crossover that come along with the speaker, I guess is acceptable too?

QUOTE=Zenn;2928455]so u have 2 pairs of speakers per one HU speaker out, connected in parallel? i think HU will blow if it becomes unstable from higher load / resistance. single speaker 4ohm, 2 spkrs in parallel 2 ohms. what u can do is make a passive crossover, high pass to the 3" coaxial, lowpass to the 6" midbass. both around 400-500hz is ok.[/QUOTE]

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
actually its low pass for the 6.5" and highpass for the 3.5". if u want to go jln pasar, they also have ready made passive crossovers for sale. only thing is u might have to change the coils and inductors to get the 500hz crossover point, which is around 80microfarads capacitor and 1.27milihenry inductor, assuming both speakers are 4ohm and if u are planning simple 6db or 1st order passives. maybe u want to do some research on passives first. lot of info on the net....

alfee

Apr 12, 2004
You just need to get a cheap sony 3-way coaxial speaker for your rear. Problem solved. Then save up for nice pair of comps for the front.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hey !!!!

Has anyone done a 1JZ/2Jz swap to a Toyota Hilux or other pickups in this forum ???

If so how is it done ? What are things needed to fit this engine in the engine bay? As far as I know the JZ series engine are very long.

Thank you!!!:biggrin:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience