4k salary can buy what car?

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
OMG LOOK AT ME!! I'm a young professional making meelions a year!! Everyone compare your lives to mine and go cry!
I no need money when I buy things. I just walk into a shop, take what I want, point a gun at the cashier and show `em all the C4 explosives strapped to my body and then just walk out.
hahahahaha

Gambar666

Aug 31, 2005
Ampang
First up thanks to all the bros who have been a big help with their knowledge and experience. I've finally decided to save a lil bit more before i buy that dream car of mine and stick with my current ride.

Second apologies to boggysv, didnt mean to show off or anything.Was just trying to gain some free experience from other ZTH members :adore:
Its probably better to just ask the running cost of the car, but what i was aiming for is how other members fared when they were earning the same amount.Could they make it work, was it hard, etc....
Thought it was safe to post it in an internet forum since nobody knows my real identity (and its really not that much compared to other members here).Anyway...Sorry boggysv!

If anybody else is interested ive done some calculations and below are cars that you can expect to fork out about 1K a month including maintenance costs:-

All calculations are based on 20K downpayment and roughly 2.38-2.4% interest rate

City Vtec/Vios (They cost roughly the same)
Monthly Payment 753.25
Monthly maintenance* 300.00
Total 1053.25

Swift
Monthly Payment 665
Monthly Maintenance* 350
Total 1015

Sentra (1.6 Auto, Lowest end)
Monthly Payment 790
Monthly Maintenance* 350
Total 1140

*Maintenance includes how much you would need to set aside for road tax, insurance, tyres, & regular servicing of the car.

I got the estimated servicing costs from dealers or owners of the cars.Tyres are changed on a 2 year basis.

Hope this helps!

mokomoko

500 RPM
Feb 20, 2006
I've read thru this whole thread and there were some comments on getting older sports cars i.e. MR2, 180sx bla bla....

Yes the prices of those cars are pretty low now like around 50k below...BUT, who the hell is going to finance you a loan for it? banks are relunctant to finance cars below year 1996 and credit institutes wont even give you a credit loan because its a sports car, not a normal family orientated one. unless u have 50k cash in hand then u can even consider these options.

My 2 cents on this matter is - chase your dream, let your dreams be a prime motivator, nothing beats people with passion. but of course, work within your means and consider all other factors. But don't be scared to do something different, we only have one shot, live it to the fullest and you will be most happy. When you are grey and balding with a beer gut, there is no use to drive a sportscar anymore anyway.

O

oldhag

My 2 cents on this matter is - chase your dream, let your dreams be a prime motivator, nothing beats people with passion. but of course, work within your means and consider all other factors. But don't be scared to do something different, we only have one shot, live it to the fullest and you will be most happy. When you are grey and balding with a beer gut, there is no use to drive a sportscar anymore anyway.
very well said indeed mokomoko. that's what i always think, many ppl go against owning a sportscar idea due to the cost, maintenance, etc. etc, but hey, if u r always dreaming of owning a car like this, own it, drive it, floor it...u won't hv any regrets when you're old. rather than wait till u can comfortably own one, n by that time, u value ur life so much that u'll only buy super safe cars rather than getting crazy with some funky sportcars.

so who gives a damn when others think you're stupid or no brainer or arrogant or whatever, u r chasing your dream, not theirs

Last edited by a moderator: