4G91 Gang..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

calvin9683

Jul 5, 2004
JB
thanks bro alvin for clearing the doubt.....
all the while i tot MUST change to GSR wiring n ECU.....
heehee.....

bro skylee....
wat bro alvin says is damn true oso...
perhaps u need to really consider abt it.....
after u consider n do the calculation...
guess u'd most probably go for a GSR/evo transplant.....

but then not so say transplant is the best way la....
there's still possibility u'd face problems as its still not a brand new engine.....

Bump: thanks bro alvin for clearing the doubt.....
all the while i tot MUST change to GSR wiring n ECU.....
heehee.....

bro skylee....
wat bro alvin says is damn true oso...
perhaps u need to really consider abt it.....
after u consider n do the calculation...
guess u'd most probably go for a GSR/evo transplant.....

but then not so say transplant is the best way la....
there's still possibility u'd face problems as its still not a brand new engine.....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Just to clarify:
There's ups and downs for modding either way. Depends on what you want...

Contrary to popular believe, it does not depend on how much u wanna spend... because either way, if you wanna turbo, its gonna be reeeeeeeally expensive. So be sure of what you want and which way you want to follow. In the end, the turbo kit is going to cost u almost the same price as a transplant. =p

wira86

Known Member
Jun 22, 2008
hi guy...i'm using 4g91 stock m,just change pipe only.i thinking to change 4g93 ecu(0450)with air flow sensor of just put in afc neo.whice want better?please reply me urgent....

Bump: hi guy...i'm using 4g91 stock m,just change pipe only.i thinking to change 4g93 ecu(0450)with air flow sensor of just put in afc neo.whice want better?please reply me urgent....

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
AFC better... no point changing ecu. Doesn't quite do anything in terms of upgrade for your engine

Bump: AFC better... no point changing ecu. Doesn't quite do anything in terms of upgrade for your engine

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
but wats the use u rev till 9 rpm? ur cam doesnt provide power till tat rpm...and even if ur cam can...u have 2 chg those spring(mayb) coz scared of floating valve

Bump: but wats the use u rev till 9 rpm? ur cam doesnt provide power till tat rpm...and even if ur cam can...u have 2 chg those spring(mayb) coz scared of floating valve

wira86

Known Member
Jun 22, 2008
hi all sifu here,4g91 in take minifor n 4g93 intake minifol same size right???
4g93 head n 4g91 PnPolish head which 1 better.

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Here's a good advice:
If it ain't broken... don't fix it.

Nothing's wrong with your ECU why wanna suddenly change to one that's not meant for your engine? =p Your own ECU + a piggy back ECU will definitely perform better than a 4G93 can ever do for yours. =) If you want rev cut, install a re-chip onto your 4G91's ECU to remove the cut.

Why do you think 4G91 4G92 4G93 all have different intake manifolds in terms of design, length and size?
Because a 4G91's manifold is designed to work best with 4G91
Because a 4G92's manifold is designed to work best with 4G92
Because a 4G93's manifold is designed to work best with 4G93

If the 4G93's intake manifold is "superior" to that of a 4G92 and 4G91, don't you think it would be cheaper for Mitsubishi to just design ONE intake manifold to fit ALL different engines?

Bigger doesn't mean better (Just like your exhaust). You gotta find the best size and design for your intake manifold... and for your 4G91's intake manifold, the best design WOULD be the 4G91's intake manifold. =p

Same goes for the head. Best head of choice would be to retain your 4G91.
Port and Polish will lower your 4G91's compression slightly... if I were you, I'd leave it as it is. 4G91 to begin with does not have very high compression.

wira86

Known Member
Jun 22, 2008
i already fit 4g93 0450 ecu(rev 9rpm) with air floe sensor.i scared to try rev over7.5.if i real over 7.5.my head or anything will broken???anything i want to change before i try???

Bump: cos i plan to change 1.8block.n use back the 4g91 head pnp.so i need to change the 4g93 intake minifol ma?
Here's a good advice:

Nothing's wrong with your ECU why wanna suddenly change to one that's not meant for your engine? =p Your own ECU + a piggy back ECU will definitely perform better than a 4G93 can ever do for yours. =) If you want rev cut, install a re-chip onto your 4G91's ECU to remove the cut.

Why do you think 4G91 4G92 4G93 all have different intake manifolds in terms of design, length and size?

If the 4G93's intake manifold is "superior" to that of a 4G92 and 4G91, don't you think it would be cheaper for Mitsubishi to just design ONE intake manifold to fit ALL different engines?

Bigger doesn't mean better (Just like your exhaust). You gotta find the best size and design for your intake manifold... and for your 4G91's intake manifold, the best design WOULD be the 4G91's intake manifold. =p

Port and Polish will lower your 4G91's compression slightly... if I were you, I'd leave it as it is. 4G91 to begin with does not have very high compression.
Bump: thanks bro to teach. cos i plan to change 4g93 block n use back 4g91 head pnp.so should i put in 4g93 intake minifor?
Here's a good advice:

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
Wira86, if u really like to rev higher, then better get yourself a set of high performance camshaft. I'm not poisoning you but i think there's no point rev it more than the the fix redline with standard camshaft since there's no power left at 7000 and above. You will feel amazed with what the aftermarket camshaft can do to your engine.

Btw, if u plan to change your block to 1.8 it is better to buy complete with the head. Wiring and ECU no need since in your post you have stated that you already have the 93 ECU and wiring rite? And for the intake manifold, you can use 4g93T's intake. The intake runner is shorter. You can compare it with the standard 93 NA intake. 93 user loves this intake. Couple it with 60 mm throttle body taken from 4g92 mivec or V6.

i stand to be corrected.

Last edited:

beztien

Nov 10, 2008
Adowh... Hmm.. Besides ECU wht else cause tht problem huh? Wht u guys think?? Let me correct wht im saying the other day... My engine is running with 2 cylinders nw... 1 and 4 is firing... 2 and 3 is dead... no spark at all on the plug cable... If, plug coil, i've changed it oready... I tested using my friends "GnD TaC" the one black color on top of the plug coil... Oso the same... I ask some experts... They said Mit 4g9x always have ths kind of prob, and they said it might be the crank sensor, plug coil, ignitor "GnD TaC" , and last... ECU... Blurr la like ths... Haha..
:hmmmm:

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
wira86,
Errr.... did u even read a single thing I typed?

If u did you'd know what manifold i'd recommend and what my views are on you fitting 93 block on 91 head.

Bump: wira86,

If u did you'd know what manifold i'd recommend and what my views are on you fitting 93 block on 91 head.

Bump: wira86,

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
its not tat chging the 1.8 intake manifold already can make u rev to 10k...
if u plan to mate a 1.8 block..then go ahead n do it....then from there on onli slowly mod 1 by 1

wira86

Known Member
Jun 22, 2008
its not tat chging the 1.8 intake manifold already can make u rev to 10k...
if u plan to mate a 1.8 block..then go ahead n do it....then from there on onli slowly mod 1 by 1
thanks all sifu to answer me.thanks a lot.once again is how to distinguish 4g91,4g93p n 4g93t cam shalft???if got pic please post.thanks.

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
even if got pic also is vr hard 2 c the diff...the diff onli like a few degree...

Bump: even if got pic also is vr hard 2 c the diff...the diff onli like a few degree...

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert
not much difference if u put 93 cams to a 91... in fact i dont feel anythig also :biggrin:

Bump: not much difference if u put 93 cams to a 91... in fact i dont feel anythig also :biggrin:

beztien

Nov 10, 2008
Vibration+firing with 2 cylinders+no spark at all on the 2nd and 3rd plug cable+sounds like volkswagen beatle+only can start for few seconds then cut off.... :confused:

Bump: Vibration+firing with 2 cylinders+no spark at all on the 2nd and 3rd plug cable+sounds like volkswagen beatle+only can start for few seconds then cut off.... :confused:

wira86

Known Member
Jun 22, 2008
even if got pic also is vr hard 2 c the diff...the diff onli like a few degree...

Bump: even if got pic also is vr hard 2 c the diff...the diff onli like a few degree...
i mins is got any word or any simbol write at the cam,n write at where?

Bump:
not much difference if u put 93 cams to a 91... in fact i dont feel anythig also :biggrin:

Bump: not much difference if u put 93 cams to a 91... in fact i dont feel anythig also :biggrin:
if i use 4g93 cam in a 4g91 PnP head,n use cam pully to adjust the cam got up hp or not???

The Marketplace Latest

Recent Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

is it possible to install an auto cruise on satria?
what are the things that I need? and how much?

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience