4G91 Gang..

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
Dec 23, 2011
Singapore
Assume you are in Malaysia, 4G13P recomended upgrade is 1.6 SOHC (4G92P). JPJ will not allow you to jump 1.8cc. You can also consider 4G15P much more cheaper upgrade compare to 4G92P.

How to go about?
1.) Find a good mechanic
2.) let him know your budget
3.) Just pay and let him do everything (easier, unless u want to cut cost do the inspection yourself)

If you want hassle free and safe cost, 4G15P would be a wise choice. If you wish to upgrade abit for performance 1.6 is never wrong. Good luck and happy mod.
Hi LeBronJames,

Thanks for your reply and advises. I am from Singapore and my mech in Johor does recommend me to upgrade to 4G15 instead if I do not want too massive and messy job. He also mentioned that my original wirings and ECU remains and only need to replace the engine will do. And I guess should be a wiser choice also.

chromeless1

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
hi guys...its been awhile did not post here..hehehe...wow..
more 91 monsters in the making issit? hehehe...anywy.. boring the std block is not considered safe already la i think..coz 91 blocks are considered thin..if u guys wanna do it properly, then some guys at MAGs garage are doing some RnD on doing a metal cut deck & customs slip with custom pistons to make a stroker kit for 91s and 92s to 2000cc..hehehe...

here's a pic..

hehehe..racun..kekekeke..nice haa??
well..dunno the cost how much..but the have tested the car with that engine on drag..huhuh..awesome!!!

anywy guys..just to check up on things abit..
is it ok running on rojak wiring? i mean does the engine runs efficiently even using rojak wiring..? coz i got some mech said that 4g91 or 93 engines are old engines & didnt use too many inputs for them to run..(not so many sensors..i think?) issit true? coz mine using engine wiring only from 91, but else are from my prev engine (4g15 vdo) (the dashbod wiring&fusebox outside all from the prev engine)..issit ok? some say will not get the true performence out of the engine if like this..huhuhuh..

if wanna change also abit hard coz hard to find wiring from the fusebox outside & with the dashboard complete...(got some but also dunno from 93 or 91 or evo)..or is all those wiring are considered the same (as for the fusebox n dashboard wiring)? interchangeble between mitsus engine (4g9x n 4g6x family)?

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Wow,chromeless, that is some serious sheettttt there going on. Power is there, what about reliability? How long have they actually had this mod going on?

About wiring, im not sure about that. Cant really help you with that. I did try once, using a 93 from a Putra ECU into my 91, also change the air flow sensor, cud not start..

chromeless1

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
hm...its been awhile..if im not mistaken over a year already...been tested in several drag races n they also test it out on long hiway journey to improvised on the reliability segment..heard so far so good..awhile ago even got a vdo clip the engine runs for the 1st time on a bench..smooth..hehe..& another vdo if im not mistaken in a drag with a crx b20 i think...smoked the vtec..yeah!!..hehehe

hmm...well..if u run a 93 ecu of course cant start..my mech says it got knock sensor & the injectors loom is diff abit.. hv to do some re-allocate the socket of wiring to the ecu for it to run...last time when i 1st got the engine, my mech racun to search for a 6123 ecu from 93s & he can do the socket thingy..hehe..but then again..running lean is not a good thing..might as well just run an emanage & retune..better results & more efficient..heheh..

but thats far from whats going on for me..still figuring out how to solve the wiring issues, either sort some e3 wiring looms then kacuk with the 91's engine wiring..or might as well search a whole set of dohc wiring..from the lights+fusebox wiring..aircond..& straight to the dashboard wiring..

aiyoo..how eh? myb sifu2 over here can help? sorting the wiring also will be a headache..aiyoo..

anywy..on my list of mods..current only hv works afpr, gti gb & mivec extractor..b4 this was running with gsr intake+60mm tb..but later sell it off due to some financial issues...hehe
right now got already a set of 93 cams, works cam gears..but didnt installed yet..& myb later wanna try b16a intake..heheh..heard the response is even better then the gsr ones..& of course an emanage..hehe

Last edited:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Owhh,i c..There is difference in the 91 & 93 wiring.. Some say it is possible to use a 93 ecu.That was why i tried it..

Bout the B16A intake manifold, oh yes, it works wonders..But im still using back the 91 TB, so, i don't think i have fully maximize the potential of the intake.. A mod worth wasting money on..haha

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
hi guys!

about the superdeck 93 , i have tested the car since i am the friend of the car owner. really good power delivery eventhough i can say that the engine is stock ( apart having the 2.0 stroker :P ) the low end torque is sooooo good because it is already 2.0 in capacity. yellow color satria.

btw, the video that u posted isnt the superdeck 93 but it is mivec with 94 block. MAG super drag machine. 207whp. grey color satria.

chromeless1

Known Member
Jan 11, 2007
ohh..my bad joe..thought it was that one...meaning in the vdo is the 2liter mivec right?coz last year they give ppl a chance to test drive the car..hehehe...anywy...how much is the cost ya joe?how long already since ur friend drive the engine?hows the reliability?

joe_mirage

1,000 RPM
May 7, 2006
rotationperminute.blogspot.com
yup the video is mivec 2.0. 1st gen mivec head with 2nd gen 94 block inside a satria.

and about the superdeck, so far the engine doesn't have any issues. still run healthily. err.. about the cost, i dont really know because the owner doesn't want to reveal the cost. hehe.

now, MAG just build a new engine. another 1st gen head with 2nd gen block on proton gen2. another cool project since the intake is facing in front. not at the back. just like k20a.

more info here -->

MAG APPRENTICE: MAG@ PROJEK 2012 G94 SERIES

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Anybody selling or know of any SAFC for sale here?

mutanX

Known Member
May 4, 2005
Sunway
Seen in mudah, around rm400..A set of used pistons...
83mm? Ermm,i think that wud be an over kill...playing with danger there..
yup..83mm..too much..
reliability issue and later can spoil engine..
stick to the safer side,..huhuh

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

Anybody selling or know of any SAFC for sale here?
try to find in marketplace section or even e-kereta.com..

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
SAFC, good enuf for 91 right? Not so complicated, simple to tune?
Seen a few, but who knows, someone wanna let go slightly cheaper to 91 kaki..hehe...:biggrin:

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Ah,damn it. The virus of the 4G9X tappet sound has just attack mine... Oil change has not made any difference.. Using 10w-40.. Liqui Moly.. head overhaul??

alvin24

3,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
happy chinese new year to all!
Long time haven't post... again... lolz

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
service your lifter or if u have budget, change those lifter :)
Joe,do you know roughly what is the average price of servicing the lifter and all? Need to budget out, and don't wanna get screwed by the mechanic's.. Thinking of doing some P & P at the same time.. Changing the tappets, a bit to expensive last i check online..

Anyway, a bit to late, but Happy Chinese New year to all celebrating... Drive safe people.. :driver:

fadlie

Known Member
Feb 17, 2006
mine serviced edi, foreman charge me 150 to service all lifter. But not last, drove from KL - JB - KL and its start make a noise even worse than before.

Also tried liquimoly hydraulic lifter additive, really make all lifter silent for a while...then all ticking sound back as normal....

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Mine just seem to suddenly disappear after 2 weeks or so.. So,phewww..Save me a bundle on that major repair.. Twice this happen.. It came suddenly, and went away itself.. I have no explanation why.. Morning start, quiet, warm up engine, quiet..Normal drive, quiet..:love:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros
im driving a satria with 4g93p bolt on turbo
my prob is...when im revving at ard 3-3.5k ...there is this weird wongg wonggg sound occurs....it doesnt matter whether im in 1st 2nd or any gear...the sound will occur at that rpm...when it passes the 3.5k mark, then everything goes back to normal...
2nd prob....my engine oil i checked....it decreases to minimum level after travelling only for about 1k km....i dun see any leakage or what so ever....
plz help!!!:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience