2008 GT-Rs for sale

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Basic GT-R, GT-R Premium Edition and GT-R Black Edition available.

Colors available:

- Ultimate Metal Silver
- Titanium Grey
- White Pearl
- Vibrant Red
- Dark Metal Grey
- Super Black

Please enquire via PM

Last edited:

cmng

3,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Recently i heard Nissan Japan issue out Legal Letter that all GTR Sold Thru grey Importer is not warrantied something like that ?

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Any vehicle that is sold via grey importers does not carry manufacturers warranty. An established grey importer will only offer a limited warranty at its own capacity.

[PIMPIN]

2,000 RPM
May 21, 2004
So this is brought in under new APs? But once you've bought one, Tan Chong won't entertain you and without the proper diagnostics machine you're pretty much screwed?

That's my understanding thus far. But since the boss' son is getting one, he would probably have the machine on hand but how much of a premium will it cost to get the car serviced/tuned/whatever by the them (if they will allow grey imports access in the first place).

The only thing holding me back from buying one is being screwed over like how the 350z was so limited in terms of what I could do to it. Couldn't even change the headunit without so much hassle and I imagine the new GTR being much more complicated.

But if its not too much trouble, I'd be interested to know the price - is this negotiable if paid cash upfront?, waiting period and how limited the warranty provided is?

I've always trusted my gut, its gotten me quite far for now and something tells me to wait for Nissan to recall the new GTRs and buy the facelifted model in 2 years time but it can't help to have all the facts from midship - if not for me then for the others.

russwestwood

500 RPM
Feb 14, 2006
ofloveandcarbonfibre.blogspot.com
Other than warranty, my other worries include:

-Do the japanese grey imports (recond) have the option to switch to an 'English' language screen on the screen of the Polyphony multi function display?

-I know the answer to this one is probably no, but I'd also like to have the 'warning/vital stat' display on the cluster meter in English instead of Japanese..

-And lastly, the Japanese models have a 180km/h speed cut which is automatically turned off when the GPS tells the car that it is in one of Japan's race tracks. Will it be turned off when you bring it to Sepang??

But for those of you are eager to get the greay imports, I fully support and encourage you. Would love to see a few on the road and have the local mechanics get familiar with them. But if any of you intend to get a japanese import, then here are a few video's that may help you understand the japanese texts.

[youtube]8hUQ159X_2c&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]7GByc0GZfOE[/youtube]

[youtube]2G0c2spGi-c&feature=related[/youtube]

[youtube]jAuv4-67OkU&feature=related[/youtube]

Also, should there be a speedcut at 180, and you want to get rid of it for track perposes, you could opt for an aftermarket ECU, such as Mines.. link here.

Last edited:

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Pimpin, white one on the way?!?!? looks like you didn't hold back that long... :)

The much anticipated GT-Rs are brought in with new APs as the news even got around to our local customs officer.
Its a matter of time before ETCM get their hands on tools and send technicians for training on SOPs and no matter which part of the pond we are in driving and maintaining the GT-R is going to be at a premium.

The first batch of GT-Rs are going to have a price range of RM7XXk up or down depending on the variant and this will fluctuate according to the successful bid at the auction house in Japan. It is slightly negotiable and first batch is expected to reach our shores in a fortnight or so. Limited warranty given is 3 months upon driving the car out of the showroom.

russ: Multi function display meter does not have the language option mode unfortunately and its best to source for a UK or Aussie unit if it is a concern. Not too sure about speed limiter ability to recognise Sepang if still equipped with it.

Incidentally, there should be a black one hitting the streets really soon....

Last edited:

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
midship, tell la your experience with the new gtr la :)

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
oops sorry :) my bad... I was referrring to darkchild

kool, I have yet to get my hands behind the wheel of the GT-R but my colleagues who have done so are still in awe from taking it for a short spin

k3nny

Known Member
Oct 10, 2004
mm all you rich ppl tossing around ideas about buying these RM500k and above supercars...

i need to work harder man.. hopefully can aim for the NEXT GTR. :)

on the other hand, is anyone actually ready to cough up RM700k for this car?

Im not talking about tan sri's and dato's sons like PIMPIN and russwestwood but the regular wage earners like me..

For 700K i would rather buy a 523i for RM320k. Spend another 100K to make it an awesome looking 5series and still have change to buy a R34 GTR and bring it up to 800hp.

I will then have 2 cars... 1 thats luxurious and practical and another a hardcore race car..

Of course for people that already have many many rides and are willing to pay RM700k to experience the wonder that this GTR has to offer, sure.. but will the mass market see themselves coughing up money for this car?

Grey import Cayenne Turbo FULL SPEC's now selling only around RM500+k...

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi ppl,

really need your help, my friends car was stolen in front of his house last nite at batu tiga ,shah alam, arund 2am - 5am .car was suspected to be dragged out by a tow truck. car plate no. is wsh2289if anyone sees please gimme a contact 0173938011.
generous reward will be given to whoever finds the car.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience