Test: Mitsubishi Lancer GLX 1.6

andychua

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
Sabah
Hi,

Hi, BERNARDM . :regular_smile: hope we can get d body kit from the White Lancer it looks cool .. :_: Bt i heard tat bodykit at least 7k :confused_smile: expensive oo .. So brother wer u from n any contact number ? so tat we can share our problem while we face problem .. :_:

kelvinr6

Feb 23, 2006
juz wish to share with u guys my fav bodykit 2 fix on the lancer 1.6
its a damd bodykit fixed to a lancer
hope to put on my lancer too but dunno wher n hw much mayb u guys can tell mi if u noe wher n hw much it costs
thx alot
*cheers*
:shades_smile:

Oct 4, 2006
Hi all,

I'm new to this forum. I'm planning to change my 2004 Toyota Vios. I have been considering Honda City seriously...but I have read from forums that Honda City has problems like "eeeee" sound from the engine, etc....

Like Honda Civic but a bit expensive and it's still assembled locally..i think...

I check out Nissan Sentra...but didn't really like the design and friends told me that their engine is old engine...

I heard Mazda cars also assembled locally or in Thailand? Not cheap also...

Recently, I came across Mitsubishi Lancer 1.6 Auto...heard it's fully imported from Japan...although slightly above my budget but I'm willing to up my budget a bit if it is really a good car to get...

Can someone advise me whether Lancer is a good car to buy? I'm concern with Fuel consumption and quality.....does the car gives any problems like creaking sound when going over bumps, etc...i experienced that in my Toyota

Is Mitsubishi car second hand resale value really bad from what I heard?

Heard the Lancer is an old engine like the Wira and Waja...is that true?

Thanks

andychua

Known Member
Jul 6, 2006
Sabah
Hi Raycsc ,
I'm a Lancer owner i have no complaine with tis car and it is a fully imported from japan . Tis car was comfortable enuf den Vios n it has no body twisted sound as well while over the bump . Ya its real ts using Proton waja's enjin but don't forget with a different computer box the car's performance is totally different it's more powerfull then Waja .
Luckly I didnt buy NIssan sentra with nismo bodykit cz tis car got problem with its EFI , according with my friend he tell me tat it cant be repair also while its spoild jz buy a new one n replace it , and fuel comsumption quite high .
About Honda City I jz know tat is the most Fuel economy car in 1500cc range's car ... Since Sabah only hav 6 unit of Lancer on the road now n there had no any complaine yet till today :)

BERNARDM

Aug 24, 2006
Hi raycsc,
I agree with 'andychua'. But if I not mistaken, Toyota's with VVTi engine has better consumption. I've not had any problems with my Lancer (except that a woman reversed her Gen2 into my drivers side door) but suprisingly other than the awful dent on my door, the paint work was unscratched. I was in the car during the accident and the door sounded very firm (not like Milo tin), from this I can say the car is of good quality and build. You really need to spend some time driving this car to enjoy the comfort, if you're looking for good pick-up with high G-force, then you'll be dissapointed my friend because you'll never feel the pull buuuutttt if you try to test pick-up with other cars, you'll see that the Lancer actually has better acceleration. I can explain more but then I'll sound like a salesman, so, go and try first at the showroom. I've been driving my Lancer for the past 10 mths and I'm ok with it.

Oct 4, 2006
Hi andychua and bernardm,

Thanks for your feedback...I will go to the showroom to test it....probably going to the one at PJ, Jln Kemajuan...

Btw, if Mitsubishi is serviced by EON, does it mean that you will also be competing with all the proton cars for car servicing?

BERNARDM

Aug 24, 2006
raycsc,
Yes, service is at EON but they have special counter and technician to attend to Mitsubishi vehicles. Please remember you'll be testing the CVT gearbox, it will have a different feel.

jasonchan

500 RPM
Jun 1, 2004
BERNARDM said:
raycsc,
Yes, service is at EON but they have special counter and technician to attend to Mitsubishi vehicles. Please remember you'll be testing the CVT gearbox, it will have a different feel.
as long as it is near EON...the virus will spread...

BERNARDM

Aug 24, 2006
jasonchan said:
as long as it is near EON...the virus will spread...
jason,
very true and virus also very expensive. i'm just waiting for warranty period to over and then send to my own mechanic.

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
me oso proud owner of CS3A.been driving for past 6 month already.
yup the engine is the same 4G18P like waja but ECU is different.CS3A is fully mitsu and waja were siemens.
all i can say is : FULL SATISFACTION with my ride :shades_smile: no 'gegar' on high speed,can take tight cornering at 140 with no body roll (thanks to EBD system) and CVT gearbox were awesome!u can rev 4k-5k all the way without any power loss.

FC : full tank about RM75-80 can go about 420-450 KM (crusing on constant 120KMH)
normal/city ride full tank can go around 350-400KM (depend how heavy you floor the gas hehehe).i'm using petronas primax petrol & using syntium semi syn 15w50.

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
agree with dewa...
i'd drove it at 160 the other day... smooth at hiway from kl to rawang...
it's a chun car...
still few available....
preowned with no body kit at 79k, un reg with kit at 91, no kit 89, all these r new, even preowned or unreg... all new un used... can order thru me :)

regards

lee 012 6178118

Dec 14, 2006
But now the pre owned just cost 75K..can got Eon Glenmarie to view it since they era on promo now until 23 Dec 06.Hurry up..,few units available for grab

nicko626

Oct 31, 2007
no worries. i like it...the kit is from VIP styling company Kenstyle of japan

KENSTYLE^ƒPƒ“ƒXƒ^ƒCƒ‹`ƒGƒAƒƒp[ƒcEƒXƒ|ƒCƒ‰[ they tend to design the kits with big rumps like that one...it looks really nice when i have it slammed to the ground.

just wanted to show you guys that the base lancer has plenty of potential.

here's a sneak peak at my car clubs prototype Big 16g turbo'd 04 Lancer Automatic.

hi runsir,
very2 interested wif ur club mod car.. may i know what is the total cost for its mods?? very2 interested...

nick

alxand

Known Member
Jul 28, 2005
kl
any one wanna sell their 05 lancer? pm me, urgent buyer

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

whether lighten crank pulley (alloy) is a much help in improving the performance of the engine???? :hmmmm:

there are many differences from the oem crank pulley???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience