Taiwan Rim comparison: Advanti vs KR vs K-Speed

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Hi guys...

Anyone here using the above taiwan rims? How's the performance? Pls share ur comment and feedback about those brand...

I cant decide go for which brand yet, but KR seems the lightest among that 3 brand, but the the durability i not sure, scare the KR easy to dent compared among others...

:D

Last edited:

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
err.. performance? how to gauge rim's performance? :P

ok la generally all taiwan rims are same quality.. kr is the lightest.. im using 16" kr.. so far so good!

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
beatnik said:
err.. performance? how to gauge rim's performance? :P

ok la generally all taiwan rims are same quality.. kr is the lightest.. im using 16" kr.. so far so good!
how much u bought? the model i target today is RM1050 for 16", a bit shock when heard... but i dun like the colour of the rim is sprayed on, not the natural metal colour... scare those sprayed colour wont so tahan...

aiks... :p

Yong_5290

3,000 RPM
Nov 4, 2004
Klang
hotmail.com
oh...didnt know kr lightest...but then...k speed is the heaviest among all...but mayb more durable...mayb advanti is just gam gam? light n also quite durable?hehehe

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
Yong_5290 said:
oh...didnt know kr lightest...but then...k speed is the heaviest among all...but mayb more durable...mayb advanti is just gam gam? light n also quite durable?hehehe
i wan shiok when carrying the KR, i was WTF, so light, :eek: ...

but dunno it durability, that's y open a thread to discuss...

anywhere, how about enkei? i saw a model, 5 spoke was selling 10xx for 16", gold colour 1... i tot enkei should be quite expensive right?

:confused:

heefmy

1,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2004
cheras
i think should be local enkei or thailand enkei.......thats y so cheap.....even my fren saw a set 16" enkei....at 800++ not more than 900......but the style is a bit old la....

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
NiCkY7 said:
how much u bought? the model i target today is RM1050 for 16", a bit shock when heard... but i dun like the colour of the rim is sprayed on, not the natural metal colour... scare those sprayed colour wont so tahan...

aiks... :p
bought long time edi.. last time i inspect, no dents.. just some scratches
btw your price is quite cheap for 16"

s15

1,000 RPM
Feb 21, 2004
KayElle,JayB,Sg
www.revsaints.com
fake SSR ?

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
SSW from thailand if im not mistaken.. a bit heavy when compared to those taiwan made
but the HTC-016 is very very nice!

white_bird

500 RPM
Jul 9, 2005
puchong
previously i was using KR.. after kena lubang few times.. dented.. forced to change rims lor.. now i'm using K-speed.. so far so good lor.. nothing happen.. but i think the weight r almost the same la.. mayb next time i go to my fren's shop n ask him to measure the weight of these 2 rims.. c how much diff.. haha..
n i think advanti is a better choice.. but cant find my size.. :P

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
white_bird said:
previously i was using KR.. after kena lubang few times.. dented.. forced to change rims lor.. now i'm using K-speed.. so far so good lor.. nothing happen.. but i think the weight r almost the same la.. mayb next time i go to my fren's shop n ask him to measure the weight of these 2 rims.. c how much diff.. haha..
n i think advanti is a better choice.. but cant find my size.. :P
ic... thanks for the comment...

btw, wat size u using? 19" ar? :D

wira_na

Known Member
Mar 9, 2004
Last time when i bought my k-speed in klang, the guy told me regardless
whether it's k-speed, advanti or even KR it's almost the same as they come from
the same factory in taiwan. Just the name different and maybe the quality as well.
Something like JRD too, comes with other branding. As for me i'm using k-speed. so
far so good for the past 1 year using it. Kena potholes and bumps but still no dent at all.
:-) Happy user with taiwan rim so far & definately no no to some local brand. just my 2cent!

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
guys, where can i get the Advanti rim(5 spoke) like satria R3? i ask a shop, that ppl said that model is no longer in the market... :confused:

current advanti rim designs are so so... :mad:

but today saw the K-speed imitation of work emotion CR rim, quite nice, RM16xx for 17", RM11xx for 16"... tempting... ><

GinX

Known Member
May 2, 2005
Just wanna ask....what is the market price for a advanti rims?

icezboy

Known Member
Aug 6, 2005
Ipoh
hi all

i'm using K-speed imitation of work emotion CR rim now. Been using it almost 3 weeks now, so far so good and i think the price range is about RM 16XX plus for 17 inch that what i'm using now :)

BTW.. I'm from Ipoh

NiCkY7

500 RPM
Dec 27, 2003
Visit site
guys,

does anyone of u saw the Enkei SC01 rims at tyre shop? the rim that advertise in this month Hypertune, the design like works emotion CR...

:biggrin: