Standard rims are BORING

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on what car you decided to get. If you get supercars, I'm quite sure that their OEM rims looks quite well with the car. Even Japanese performance cars have good looking rims that comes standard like those on FD2R, Lancer Evolution, Impreza WRX STI...

If you are referring to normal cars, then I think the previous Civic FD 2.0 and Lancer GT comes with rather nice rims. But nonetheless, majority of normal cars have rims that are deemed as ugly.
I see many FD2 also change rims......hhahahhahahhaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Please...this is the bomb!
Personal preference, I don't like woh!......:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

I agree with the statement. The buyers first pay to to manufacturers, and made profit from the sales. The buyers then go to accesories shop and purchase another set of rims, and the shop owner makes profit from the buyers. The "loser" would be the car owners.

Why not manufacturers work together with some good rim manufacturers....and package it together with the sales of their cars?. What we Malaysian dont have now are a longer and better list of options.
Problem is car manufacturer want to make, rim manufacturer also want to make, so win/win situation for them, rim manufacturer ask car manufacturer take all old rims/design or old stock/slow moving stock. When you see car manufacturer face lift with new rims means rim stock finish, rim manufacturer supply next slow moving stock.......reality...... :smokin:

Waiora_ProTuner

500 RPM
Nov 29, 2006
Depends on what car haha! And no matter how nice is the rims, we will still change the rims. Why? Cuz a lot never want to be the same :biggrin:

Got a few with nice rims ma. In my opinion la haha!

lovely R3 rims..

I got those rims for my b-line neo....
just before they make it 'standard' for neo R3...damn...
so my aftermarket become standard again...

and the Evo VII Extreme rims...enkei i think...so rare i cant even find the photo anywhere...

I agree with the statement. The buyers first pay to to manufacturers, and made profit from the sales. The buyers then go to accesories shop and purchase another set of rims, and the shop owner makes profit from the buyers. The "loser" would be the car owners.

Why not manufacturers work together with some good rim manufacturers....and package it together with the sales of their cars?. What we Malaysian dont have now are a longer and better list of options.
and they might give option for seats, steering, bodykit, led, and audio system too..malaysian loves to 'change' those..

anyway, those things including rims are compliant to safety aspect..
they need to test each of it...and it is costly...

i have experienced where people in proton said that my early R3 rims are lighter and more prone to damage than the latest standard R3 rims which have been tested and improved for mass production..

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Whaaaaattt..who is the ts for this thread..so mean man..im using a caldina standard rims 5 spoke for my celica instead of the previous dunno-how-many spoke rims.oh it was a wedsport. I love lesser spoke..it shows the brakes..especially after u change to brembo and use a 4 or 5 spoke rims. It will be like Miranda kerr transforming to Megan Fox.

Ryuuken

Known Member
Apr 2, 2011
Subang Jaya
Do they really sell that? Without the lambo of course..

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Yup, the FD2 rims are not bad. Those changed out by FD2 owner are source by FD owners going 17".....hahhahahhahaha:rofl:
Most of the time is to increase tyre size. I would have kept my stock jetta rims if it is 17" LOL

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Stock standard rims for almost all cars are so boring. I know plenty of my frenz dumped their ori rims for aftermarket ones once the cars are outta the showroom (almost).

I know that car manufacturers are counting every single cents for manufacturing their car, and maximize their profit. But to stinge on the rims??

Don't they know that the rims are one important item that make or break the car?

If the car manufacture gonna make money from selling their cars, why not sell with some decent purposeful rims together? I am sure new buyers are eager to pay for good stuff, right??
says who??? look at subaru and mitsubishi oem rim...especially on sti and evo range model....all the rims were so good even other car also cari their oem rim...

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
says who??? look at subaru and mitsubishi oem rim...especially on sti and evo range model....all the rims were so good even other car also cari their oem rim...
I got the Myvi SE rims for my K-car haha!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Most common ones are the 15" OZ rims in CE9A Evolution III fitted to Wira. :biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
FD are on 16" while FD2 are on 17" mah!......:driver:
Ya Ya. Too bad new jetta rims is 5 lugs. if not i can just source for stock jetta 17" rims

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

1) I would like to change my crv 99 engine..

what the types of engine suit with my crv..

or maybe have any optional ideas to make the more powerful then the stock..

2) Where can i find crv 99 body kit?? Such as MUGEN etc..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience