Perdana V6 Community Forum *

BA5

Known Member
Jun 18, 2009
"BA5
where ur location?
i just bought a mivec manual like u also
and just change to PU bumbers alfa look
what i said is PU is ok,atleast it can tahan some minor crash,but abit troublesome, coz it just like soft getah, the design n ot so firm,fiber is just firm but easy crack
in pj i know where can buy the pu cost front and behind almost the same like fiber RM 290 each,grill can use fibe rm80
power wise i could said it is smooth( maybe the gearbox),powerwise not so good,

what power wise do you mean bro? pick up? highway? what about FC? how many cents are u getting per liter? "

My perdana still awaiting for the seller to finalised his "stuff". Hope to hear from u soon. I could still change to turbo hehe...that depends still

Last edited:

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
Wassup everyone, anybody know where can we reflash/rechip v6TT ecu ? I saw in tech talk maximize current stock ecu before adding a piggyback.

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
how much will it cost roughly. it might end up like installing an emb maybe

nyapheng

Jan 25, 2005
"BA5
where ur location?
i just bought a mivec manual like u also
and just change to PU bumbers alfa look
what i said is PU is ok,atleast it can tahan some minor crash,but abit troublesome, coz it just like soft getah, the design n ot so firm,fiber is just firm but easy crack
in pj i know where can buy the pu cost front and behind almost the same like fiber RM 290 each,grill can use fibe rm80
power wise i could said it is smooth( maybe the gearbox),powerwise not so good,

what power wise do you mean bro? pick up? highway? what about FC? how many cents are u getting per liter? "

My perdana still awaiting for the seller to finalised his "stuff". Hope to hear from u soon. I could still change to turbo hehe...that depends still
i compare with sentra sr20 and mivec 6a12,
maybe perdana is really heavy, pickup wise lost to sr20ve(mod quite lot things also)
and this car i havent try coz i just send it for painting and only will get it back this weekend
my gearbox i dunno is which type just know 100kmj the rpm show 3300rpm quite high
3 gear max can go is only 170km/j and rpm show 8500rpm already

BA5

Known Member
Jun 18, 2009
anyone have the tech spec on the 6a12 engine and it's gear ratin and final drive? with that then can calculate.

Syahvsix

Sep 17, 2010
Penang
nak tanya otai2 v6...enjin penah buat top overhaul 2 tahun lepas, skrg ekzos start keluar asap putih....any suggestion what to do?

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
got white smoke during idling or moving?
if idling, maybe valve seal sudah out..
if moving (tekan minyak), itu piston ring..

anyway, overhaul again la........ or kasi masok tebo la...

mhaziem_ke30

Known Member
Jul 10, 2006

thanks bro sharing..

ermm..if valve seal? will it be expensive bro?usually because of low engine oil is it?

wow if piston ring then have to overhaul ??

masuk tebo? kekekekke just like neuro ?:adore:

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
how much will it cost roughly. it might end up like installing an emb maybe
Kanan bro i posted a thread on tech-talk. our V6TT ECU isnt reflashable >.< only thing we can do about it is get an engine management unit like e-manage or haltech or stuff like that.

But you COULD send ur v6TT ECU to be rebuild/serviced if there are damaged/old parts on ur ECU before adding on a piggyback.

Considering e-mange ultimate.... have to drink plain water eat bread again for me hehe

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
Kanan bro i posted a thread on tech-talk. our V6TT ECU isnt reflashable >.< only thing we can do about it is get an engine management unit like e-manage or haltech or stuff like that.

But you COULD send ur v6TT ECU to be rebuild/serviced if there are damaged/old parts on ur ECU before adding on a piggyback.

Considering e-mange ultimate.... have to drink plain water eat bread again for me hehe
i read your thread and the ECU or TCU rebuilding sounds reasonable.
old electronic parts swap with new.. more reliable la..

and i sokong kanan, get emanage blue ok already.
unless u wanna mod car kaw kaw then get the ultimate or emb...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
rebuilding your ecu not recommended, better buy a halfcut ones....or better get a standalone ECU @ haltech....hehe....

syahvsix
better do full overhaul again.......
asap putih - needs overhaul
asap biru - turbine needs rebuilding. or better get halfcut ones.

SatriAni

Known Member
May 10, 2004
Visit site
Guys, I got 1 question.. I just bought a secondhand perdana V6 year 2001..
as being told by my uncle.. this model usually give problem especially the gearbox..
he said his fren just terbang RM5k due to the gearbox problem and his fren already changed to manual gearbox.. to prevent the problem, he advise me to install 1 thing (not sure what it is- need u guys to clarify) either gearbox coolant whatsoever.. not sure..
what are the item to install, the cost, and the pro-cons of installing it.. if not mistaken, only latest V6 has this thing.. (something to cool the gearbox n make the lifespan of the gearbox longer or no problem at all)
please help..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
its an ATF cooler , auto transmission fluid. like hayden brand (new) or halfcut ones from pajero, but better install a fan in front of the ATF cooler.....

advisable to use toyota type 4 ATF.

SatriAni

Known Member
May 10, 2004
Visit site
its an ATF cooler , auto transmission fluid. like hayden brand (new) or halfcut ones from pajero, but better install a fan in front of the ATF cooler.....

advisable to use toyota type 4 ATF.
how mush is the price for each approximately?

Syahvsix

Sep 17, 2010
Penang
rebuilding your ecu not recommended, better buy a halfcut ones....or better get a standalone ECU @ haltech....hehe....

syahvsix
better do full overhaul again.......
asap putih - needs overhaul
asap biru - turbine needs rebuilding. or better get halfcut ones.

Thankks,plan to do that too....engine overhaul or top ovehaul is good enugh?how much is it cost now?

Syahvsix

Sep 17, 2010
Penang

thanks bro,during idling also ada white smoke and moving also got but not that bad during moving

nak masuk tebo...high cost la bro...keta nak pakai hari2...daily use g keje
how much if need to do ovehaul now?just top overhaul is good enough right?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all the big brother out there!!

i'm looking the Kelisa 2nd gen ecu wiring diagram..i'm willing to install the 5 button AFC into my kelisa, but the instructions diagram doesn't provide the diagram... may i ask all the SIFU out there for a helping hand?

ann.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience