Old School Cars Discussion

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
haha reported the spammer earlier..

honestly cannot say im sure about any of this.... but from what i read (anyone else weigh in if i get it wrong)

bush types
- cost less

ball joint
- stiffer (some argue that now, even the satay links are offered with pu bushings which are also very stiff)
- last longer

*mounting points also differ slightly (horizontal as opposed to vertical mounts)
**im guessing theres also some sort of benefit to the ball joint links to do with the amount of play it allows but i dont understand how... :confused: maybe its just nothing? seems abit odd since Im learning now that on my model, the top range model came with ball joints while the other specs came with those satay type links. (could just be mitsubishi just reusing its off their parts bin and they only produced the thicker arbs with all joint ends)
The spam post is still not removed yet.

But there is no way to convert the type? Or just stick to the original one then replace them with PU bushing.

Please don't quote the spammer then the spam goes to your post...Please delete....:listen:
Alright, I'll unquote it.

Yup, that is the ARB there.....lol
Next, I'm going to look for the ARB in every other cars in my house now. :rofl:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The spam post is still not removed yet.

But there is no way to convert the type? Or just stick to the original one then replace them with PU bushing.
can replace, but amount of work could potentially be..... am really not sure, probably need arms/absorbers, links, and a different bar. should be it.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
can replace, but amount of work could potentially be..... am really not sure, probably need arms/absorbers, links, and a different bar. should be it.
Again, probably not worth the costs to do it on a normal road car. :biggrin:

I think we probably should go back to old school cars discussion. Off topic to ARB for a bit long. :rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
One friend just sold his old beetle also. His is stock standard.....
Ipoh can still see these Beetle occasionally. Some restored, some in poor condition driven by old uncles. Old Mini is a bit more rare than Beetle here.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Ipoh can still see these Beetle occasionally. Some restored, some in poor condition driven by old uncles. Old Mini is a bit more rare than Beetle here.
That friend also old school one, sold beetle still have Citroen Wagon....hahhahha

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
i loove those old beetles... the flat aircooled soundtrack is magnificent!! puttering down the street. prat prat pratprat prat prat

update, arb bushings replaced!! apparently they were model specific :confused: quite mahal :smokin:!! whole front end of the car is covered with oily hand marks! hahaha lazy to wash!

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
That friend also old school one, sold beetle still have Citroen Wagon....hahhahha
Very uncommon to hear people that plays with old school Citroen or any French cars. Getting parts here will sure be a nightmare.

i loove those old beetles... the flat aircooled soundtrack is magnificent!! puttering down the street. prat prat pratprat prat prat

update, arb bushings replaced!! apparently they were model specific :confused: quite mahal :smokin:!! whole front end of the car is covered with oily hand marks! hahaha lazy to wash!
Since they are aircooled, I wonder will these engines actually can get overheated easily or not? If they do, how did those old 911 Porsche can be aircooled but at the same time, makes like almost 300hp.

You replaced them very quickly right after telling us about it here. :biggrin:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yours still from Asian manufacturers. Getting parts shouldn't be too difficult unlike those uncommon conti cars.
Nope, the Hyundai considered really old school dy. They were CBU in and pretty rare, especially body parts and some engine parts too. Parts have also quite expensive...:banghead:
For the Chery Tiggo, is not old school but really "lang moon" now since Chery don't even sell that model anymore.....:banghead::banghead:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Nope, the Hyundai considered really old school dy. They were CBU in and pretty rare, especially body parts and some engine parts too. Parts have also quite expensive...:banghead:
For the Chery Tiggo, is not old school but really "lang moon" now since Chery don't even sell that model anymore.....:banghead::banghead:
If get parts from Sime Darby Hyundai Malaysia?

So, at this rate, are you going to keep the Hyundai any longer or plan to sell if off?

Chery SC don't have the parts in stock?

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Very uncommon to hear people that plays with old school Citroen or any French cars. Getting parts here will sure be a nightmare.

Since they are aircooled, I wonder will these engines actually can get overheated easily or not? If they do, how did those old 911 Porsche can be aircooled but at the same time, makes like almost 300hp.

You replaced them very quickly right after telling us about it here. :biggrin:
good question.... how did they squeeze so much power without burning up....

maybe ok at speed, but if not moving + rev rev... habis....

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
good question.... how did they squeeze so much power without burning up....

maybe ok at speed, but if not moving + rev rev... habis....
But I think these old Beetle do have overheat issue from what I heard from mechanic. With the lack of liquid based cooling system, not sure is it easier or more difficult to solve heating issue. Well, at least no radiator, no water hoses, no thermostat, no radiator cap, no water pump, no reserve tank. My cooling system gave me enough headache already.