Myvi Spring Crack

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Just like my ex wira, got cheapo, OEM proton and Mitsu ones......:driver:
Nowadays finding Mitsubishi parts to fit Wira seems hard at Ipoh. I wonder if it is still easy at KL to source Mitsubishi parts for Lancer/Mirage to fit Wira?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
what brand u use ya? iirc, get original perodua/daihatsu or schmaco. others breaks very fast.
I am using Schmaco la.

I've changed mine to Alza's bearing absorber mounting for almost a year, so far so good. It costs me around RM140 (pair) with installation. I won't go back to original or other OEM myvi rubber mounting, it's suck!

PS: After you've change to Alza's bearing mounting, the car height is slightly higher and you will feel firmer ride during cornering (this is for sure!).
Firmer is fine but higher? Hmm... I might try this. But 1+ years is how long my abs mount lasted. And bearing mounting? I'm referring to absorber top mount

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wira, not sure dy, lost touch......:smokin:
Recently found some lower arm and control arm for sale at mudah with Mitsubishi Genuine Parts label on them.

I got ask my mechanic if can find lower arm and control arm from Japan or not nowadays he say most likely cannot.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Recently found some lower arm and control arm for sale at mudah with Mitsubishi Genuine Parts label on them.

I got ask my mechanic if can find lower arm and control arm from Japan or not nowadays he say most likely cannot.
Half cut loh......:driver:

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
I am using Schmaco la.

Firmer is fine but higher? Hmm... I might try this. But 1+ years is how long my abs mount lasted. And bearing mounting? I'm referring to absorber top mount
Yes. The ride somehow higher after installed. Yes, it's bearing type absorber top mounting. The rubber type is going to loosen after 3months installed. You can take it out and you will notice it's loosen 1, longgar here and there (no firm at all) and causes the ride floating during corner or high speed.

I've uploaded the image of rubber and bearing type. Hope this help you.

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes. The ride somehow higher after installed. Yes, it's bearing type absorber top mounting. The rubber type is going to loosen after 3months installed. You can take it out and you will notice it's loosen 1, longgar here and there (no firm at all) and causes the ride floating during corner or high speed.

I've uploaded the image of rubber and bearing type. Hope this help you.
eh exactly. Myvi uses the rubber type. So the Alza one is the bearing type? Looks like an option. Will look into this thanks!

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
eh exactly. Myvi uses the rubber type. So the Alza one is the bearing type? Looks like an option. Will look into this thanks!
The rubber ones will have bearings too, right? If not, how does it turn?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
The rubber ones will have bearings too, right? If not, how does it turn?
the problem is the rubber loosens or breaks and the absorber top is sticking out into the engine bay. Alza one is completely metal on the top so it won't break perhaps?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
the problem is the rubber loosens or breaks and the absorber top is sticking out into the engine bay. Alza one is completely metal on the top so it won't break perhaps?
Ah! that one my VR same issue. The rubber for some absorption but like yours they don't last. Mine will start to crack then when gets worse, need to change dy..... :bawling:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Use the Alza ones, its slightly better and you need a washer to adapt it to Myvi. Try and get the original Perodua parts instead.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Bought the car to mechanic for maintenance today. Took a look at the springs myself and took this photo.

From this photo here, can tell it is not the spring but the rubber cover

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello..

ANyone can help me modify my 1982 corolla KE70 rear drum
handbrake system to lock super hard? I want it to be able
to lock super strong like if I pull once the car straight away
spin 360 degrees! Please advise.. thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience