~ my iswara ~ ^^

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
skywalker : u're using AFI brake pads right ? after how many days of driving only ur rims will get dirty ?

and how much is one pair of AFI brake pads ady ar?

sqleon

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
yalor..sky..how much per pair..maybe when i came down to mlk 4 raya, can meet u & change the pads lor..haha..btw thx 4 the compliment..the rims are nicer without the dust lo..haha..never get problem wif authority 4 the wings..not that big meh.. its wira SE wings lor

sqleon

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
sqleon said:
guyz..i have another question..my car when put at neutral@free gear..its shaking..not so much la...but still its getting annoying..can feel the vibration expecially when turn on air - cond....can any body help??
when idle my engine rev 1k -1.1k when idle without the aircond (less vibration) & 800-900 with air cond (more vibration)

tl1987

Known Member
May 2, 2005
KL
hmm, 800-900 normally will vibrate lah..dat is normal. maybe can tune it higher ? but will eat more petrol..hehe.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
skywalker : u're using AFI brake pads right ? after how many days of driving only ur rims will get dirty ?
err.... usually the car will get dirty faster than the rims....
after a week also cannot notice any difference la.... unless u use ur finger and wipe it la, got la abit dirt and sand.....

yalor..sky..how much per pair..maybe when i came down to mlk 4 raya, can meet u & change the pads lor..haha..btw thx 4 the compliment..the rims are nicer without the dust lo..haha..never get problem wif authority 4 the wings..not that big meh.. its wira SE wings lor
mine is jz normal replacement pads from AFI.... if not mistaken cost Rm50 or so... i changed it in ipoh (my hometown)..... btw, raya i'll be in ipoh for 3weeks holiday.... kekekeke....

hmm, 800-900 normally will vibrate lah..dat is normal. maybe can tune it higher ? but will eat more petrol..hehe.
jz now i jz tuned my car idle to 1k rpm (aircond idle) and 900 rpm (off aircond idle).... cannot tune too low, coz my brake pump cannot support more vacuum power.... the rpm will keep dropping....

Sky_Legend

Known Member
Jul 30, 2005
Penang
my car RPM when warmed up is at around 800 to 900 rpm. when aircond on then around 800rpm or less. engine still running quite smooth, but ofcourse vibrate a bit la. but very bit. still smooth. this one i tune myself one. when everything turned on. meaning aircond, lights, and radioator fan are on, my rpm will be around 600-700 rpm. playing around this region only. still ok woh...

maybe engine oil also a factor. i recommend 15w for our 4g??p engines. just nice.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
Sky_Legend : We actually looked at the viscosity of the oil thats offer. eg, 10w-30 or 20w-50. The lower the number, the thinner that is.. but for hot countries we dun really looked at the first number..10w or 20w.

Cause this applies to cold countries. The thinner that is the better starting for the cold country. and easier for the oils to circulate around the engine faster after ignition. The back number is actually what we're looking for.

Sky_Legend

Known Member
Jul 30, 2005
Penang
nitrus said:
Sky_Legend : We actually looked at the viscosity of the oil thats offer. eg, 10w-30 or 20w-50. The lower the number, the thinner that is.. but for hot countries we dun really looked at the first number..10w or 20w.

Cause this applies to cold countries. The thinner that is the better starting for the cold country. and easier for the oils to circulate around the engine faster after ignition. The back number is actually what we're looking for.
oh...thanks for the info that i don't really look into for the past moment. well, so, what's the good back-number for our 4g??p engines, in malaysia? i'm currently running with number 15w50. how do we rate this? i have seen 15w40 though.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
maybe u can check your vehicle's manual and check the best viscosity for your ride, or ask ur frequent mechanic ..

David_1211

Known Member
May 31, 2006
40 one will do a great job d lol
im using Shell Helix Blue bottle one...not bad for 4g15
most important is fuel saving..little bit more km than the ordinary lub

Sky_Legend

Known Member
Jul 30, 2005
Penang
i now need advice...

Can anyone tell me how to remove the cigarette lighter socket? i want to replace it by myself. do i have to remove whole dash?

guess what? after many years, i only found out that the ground pin of the socket is not connected. to be more surprised, the ground pin is broken (i checkd through the radio console slot). There's no way that it can break by itself, right? manufacture defect...or purposely. well, i didn't check/use the socket till recently tried to.

sqleon

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
Tune Rev???

can diy tune ur rev???can teach me how leh...wana try2 oso..

Last edited:

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
sqleon : so erm.... how does ur car feel with that big nice rims but with also the big gt-wing at the back..? quite good downforce right ... Car faster?

sqleon

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
nitrus said:
sqleon : so erm.... how does ur car feel with that big nice rims but with also the big gt-wing at the back..? quite good downforce right ... Car faster?
not quite faster lah..becoz its still the same power train lor...but the stability during speeding over 120 its definitely better...i had my gt wings even before i change my rims & driving at 140 the car will vibrate a bit unstable..but the with 15" rims..160 oso no goyang..n btw with or without the rims..my car still better handling during higher speed compared to my mom's honda city 1.5 car..lor hehehe..

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yeap.... bigger rims means wider tyres... wider tyres means more grip...
that gt wing, only help to stabilize the car at high speed a little and create unnescessory downforce....

anyway, dat day on my way back to ipoh, i tried speed up to 150kmh... cannot touch 160kmh la.... mayb because of straight piping i'm using??... if muffler change to s-flow muffler and a longer straight road, i try again.... hahaha....

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
sqleon : actually u shud put the GT-wing at the front like this

the aerodynamic will be better for FF cars ..
this iswara up here proves it. I did a little search around also juz now n came across this site where car for sale n saw this iswara too. They say dont be fooled by the looks, coz under the hood of this Iswara is a twin DCOE carb and K&N airfilter n some other mods dunno wat cant remember..

This satria mivec turbo below here also the same, damn good handling at high speeds.

Sky_Legend

Known Member
Jul 30, 2005
Penang
what the hell...???!!! Front GT-Wing...???!!! Since I have been brought into automotive segment, and introduced to gt-wing, i have never ever thought of this installation before. and now...these ppl, wa lau weh...

First question la...: won't the GT-Wing blocks the driver's view ahead? this is dangerous...unacceptable for public road.

Second curiosity is...: are these two pictures photo edited? It's quite hard for me to believe that anyone will do this...and the shadow of the photos, espacially at the gt-wing, is a little bit unreal. i'm not sure about this.

singchaii

500 RPM
Sep 3, 2005
Pandan Jaya, KL
i have heard some people say before that if gt wing put infront, it will be good handling when speeding.. But hor, Izit look very weird that put gt wing infront? Jz like sky_legend mention that wont block the driver view??

I have question here.. Any iswara owner have put in 6'5 mid bass on the door panel? I had jz put it last 2 or 3 weeks, and i found it very noisy when i driving above 90km/h. I can listen those wind sound and also outside sound clearly.. If i put sound proof for my car, will it block those sound?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello Guy...
As some of you know. Im using a CBU Honda Jazz GE8 that is equip with Paddle Shift.
Now I am thinking of changing my exhaust system starting with muffler.

I would really like to know what is the best setup for a Auto Car with Paddle Shift.
Which one is better 'Straight Flow' or 'S-Flow' Exhaust Muffler.

As my car equip with paddle shift.
I usually use 'S' mode on my gear so that I can fully operate the gear changing by using paddle shift (-) (+)
Everytime I drive the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience