Involuntarily volunteered experiment

keegs

Oct 15, 2010
Miri/ Sarawak
i see, will research more on the "science" behind it...btw, u from Miri? always saw your car "racing" down to lutong in the morning
Cool.
Yes, I'm from Miri..hahaha :proud:. I work in Senadin, that's why I always "rush" down to Lutong side.:tongue:.
Have we met before?:hmmmm2:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
They say, it's a Conspiracy Theory wor... LOL!
finally this guy came up with what playing in my head....

my final year supervisor came up with the idea of sustainable energy using magnet for my topic years back in uni days. He answered to my question when i asked why this brilliant idea did not goes for mass production especially for automobile, he said, "Got a group so-called '7 Sisters' against the idea of this sustainable energy 30 years ago. This group made a covenant of not spoiling each other's business and against all good ideas that would affect them."

I asked again, who was that 7 Sisters. Like Gandalf, he answered...

"U feed your car with their product on daily basis... that's one of them..."

And he left like Horatio in CSI. Damn he got style... :adore:

BetaProject

Apr 2, 2007
Cool.
Yes, I'm from Miri..hahaha :proud:. I work in Senadin, that's why I always "rush" down to Lutong side.:tongue:.
Have we met before?:hmmmm2:
i see, all the way from riam or taman tunku? if so really far le ur work place, anyway, i think we never officially met, but got a few times we only "side by side" along the pujut lutong road:biggrin:, im always "rushing" to work too, i cant understand those ppl tht driving liek a turtle on a rush hour, so every morning when i saw ur car, i just follow behind, u open the road for me:biggrin:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
finally this guy came up with what playing in my head....

my final year supervisor came up with the idea of sustainable energy using magnet for my topic years back in uni days. He answered to my question when i asked why this brilliant idea did not goes for mass production especially for automobile, he said, "Got a group so-called '7 Sisters' against the idea of this sustainable energy 30 years ago. This group made a covenant of not spoiling each other's business and against all good ideas that would affect them."

I asked again, who was that 7 Sisters. Like Gandalf, he answered...

"U feed your car with their product on daily basis... that's one of them..."

And he left like Horatio in CSI. Damn he got style... :adore:
well, if you guys remember this japanese company that developed a car that ran on water - it did prove to be realistically possible but no one would invest in the project and the initial designs were flawed and had teething problems. And like you said - if the 7 sisters wanted to, they could have invested a fortune in developing and making it happen.

Exxonmobil's Rex Tillerson has on CNN declared that the companies path is not the reduction of usage of fossil fuels, but the optimisation of the processing and reducing wastage. He then gave the example of powering the US of A, they are now using 30% less fossil fuels as compared to 10 years ago because of this technology. But that's basically saying they'll never give up digging for oil. So unless you're a billionaire entrepreneur willing to spend on R&D (like what happened with Tesla cars), you'll never see the days of alternative energies in automotives or any industry.

Having said that though, the worlds largest oil & gas company Exxon isn't all evil. They spent millions on research for optimizing lithium film or something for batteries. The hybrids and electric cars of late are way more advanced than their predecessors because of this r&d. But who the hell cares about hybrids!!! Give me a fuel guzzling M3 anyday! :biggrin:

I would loan you the gadget, but I will have to send it over to West M'sia as I'm living in Sarawak.:biggrin:
Damn. Pity the gadget is so expensive to buy, otherwise I would've started my own mythbusters. Interesting explaination about the providing extra vacuum and all. A friend of mine experimented with a huge pipe and connected it to the vacuum like you did with the charger. Basically all it was, was a huge canister of nothing but air. It tremendously improved his braking response and according to him his throttle was crispier as well. But at the same time a similar car (but auto) tested it and found it did nothing for him. So it's very subjective. Ideally I'd like to test it without having to buy it to avoid any placebo effects since it's so bloody expensive to begin with.

Any volunteer donors?

keegs

Oct 15, 2010
Miri/ Sarawak
i see, all the way from riam or taman tunku? if so really far le ur work place, anyway, i think we never officially met, but got a few times we only "side by side" along the pujut lutong road:biggrin:, im always "rushing" to work too, i cant understand those ppl tht driving liek a turtle on a rush hour, so every morning when i saw ur car, i just follow behind, u open the road for me:biggrin:
Yea, From Riam to Senadin (5 days a week) :rolleyes:. So next time when you're beside me, just give me a honk and we'll leave them 'turtles' behind in our rear view mirrors..haha!:biggrin:

Btw, might i ask what car you drive? May be give me a rough idea.:idea:

BetaProject

Apr 2, 2007
Yea, From Riam to Senadin (5 days a week) :rolleyes:. So next time when you're beside me, just give me a honk and we'll leave them 'turtles' behind in our rear view mirrors..haha!:biggrin:

Btw, might i ask what car you drive? May be give me a rough idea.:idea:
good:five: im driving a gold "mira" with scooby:biggrin:

keegs

Oct 15, 2010
Miri/ Sarawak
Damn. Pity the gadget is so expensive to buy, otherwise I would've started my own mythbusters. Interesting explaination about the providing extra vacuum and all. A friend of mine experimented with a huge pipe and connected it to the vacuum like you did with the charger. Basically all it was, was a huge canister of nothing but air. It tremendously improved his braking response and according to him his throttle was crispier as well. But at the same time a similar car (but auto) tested it and found it did nothing for him. So it's very subjective. Ideally I'd like to test it without having to buy it to avoid any placebo effects since it's so bloody expensive to begin with.

Any volunteer donors?
Hi Izso, I bought my air charge/compressor from a friend brand new for less than RM100 (I'm not willing to spend so much on a gadget that is not proven :tongue:) and I'm sure online there are a few that is less than RM100 these days. I found 1 on mudah which you can take a look purely for comparison (Mine is a bit different but achieves the same results).
HKS Micro Air Kompressor Fuel Saver Jimat Minyak P - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

I agree, my braking improved together with better response from the throttle. As for auto, may be I'll try it on my 09' Camry and see what improvement will it achieve.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

good:five: im driving a gold "mira" with scooby:biggrin:
Cool, will be on the look out for you in the morning.:driver:

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
well, if you guys remember this japanese company that developed a car that ran on water - it did prove to be realistically possible but no one would invest in the project and the initial designs were flawed and had teething problems. And like you said - if the 7 sisters wanted to, they could have invested a fortune in developing and making it happen.

Exxonmobil's Rex Tillerson has on CNN declared that the companies path is not the reduction of usage of fossil fuels, but the optimisation of the processing and reducing wastage. He then gave the example of powering the US of A, they are now using 30% less fossil fuels as compared to 10 years ago because of this technology. But that's basically saying they'll never give up digging for oil. So unless you're a billionaire entrepreneur willing to spend on R&D (like what happened with Tesla cars), you'll never see the days of alternative energies in automotives or any industry.

Having said that though, the worlds largest oil & gas company Exxon isn't all evil. They spent millions on research for optimizing lithium film or something for batteries. The hybrids and electric cars of late are way more advanced than their predecessors because of this r&d. But who the hell cares about hybrids!!! Give me a fuel guzzling M3 anyday! :biggrin:
Exactly.

ACQ2305

500 RPM
May 25, 2007
HeadHunters
Hi Izso, I bought my air charge/compressor from a friend brand new for less than RM100 (I'm not willing to spend so much on a gadget that is not proven :tongue:) and I'm sure online there are a few that is less than RM100 these days. I found 1 on mudah which you can take a look purely for comparison (Mine is a bit different but achieves the same results).
HKS Micro Air Kompressor Fuel Saver Jimat Minyak P - Car Accessories & Parts for sale Kuala Lumpur - Mudah.my

I agree, my braking improved together with better response from the throttle. As for auto, may be I'll try it on my 09' Camry and see what improvement will it achieve.:biggrin:

---------- Post added at 01:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Cool, will be on the look out for you in the morning.:driver:
Hahaha,new found friend on the road?? :driver::driver:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I'd like to point out - even though Drex made this for me to test (albeit involuntarily), it was to prove a point, not because he supports this product.

ZeroDet

Known Member
May 21, 2009
KL
hhahaha those days
still remember when i was new to modification
always "percaya" cakap accessory shop
install this...install that...all BS thingy

yup only force induction is the best mods hehehe

p/s miss my turboed VR4 and V6TT...arghhhh!!!

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
none of those aftermarket thingy will get my approval.
what i'd do is slap on turbos, bigger TB, remap/piggyback/standalone ECU...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
none of those aftermarket thingy will get my approval.
what i'd do is slap on turbos, bigger TB, remap/piggyback/standalone ECU...
Erm... those are aftermarket 'thingies' too right? :biggrin:

I think the word you're looking for is 'gadget'. Hehe

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya
Damn man you got tricked real bad..Well ive been using the WORKS air charger on my kelisa and instead of an average 460km on my full tank im getting about 500-510km now so i would suggest the WORKS engineering air charger,its like RM140 and advisable for auto cars :)

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Damn man you got tricked real bad..Well ive been using the WORKS air charger on my kelisa and instead of an average 460km on my full tank im getting about 500-510km now so i would suggest the WORKS engineering air charger,its like RM140 and advisable for auto cars :)
Care to lend me this gadget for experimentation?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
yeah like iszo.....i tooo wanted to test the exact unit of any brand "air-charger" that the owner claimed can give better fuel consumption....

my car now running a bit lean at close to optimum fuel saving....so wanted to see if those air charger device can save even better as claimed? :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
pomentGTR : dude, You try it and see for yourself la.

I'd like to point out btw, that this gadget was tested on a EFI engine. If you're using carbie, the location of the gadget is different from EFI and I don't know if that has any direct effects on the engine since carbs are completely mechanical, it means you can adjust to compensate any differences easily. EFI self adjustment just seems to cause it to lose power due to air restriction.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi everyone, I'm from China and I have a Soueast Lioncel (a rebadged facelift Lancer CK2A). It has a SOHC 4G18 engine with 100hp.

I've been looking into the idea of swapping a 4G92 Mivec engine into my car. Unlike Honda B series or the famed 4G63T, there's not a lot of info on the internet about the 4G9 mivec engines. I think south east asia is pretty much the only place where people still mess with this engine, and this is about the only active forum to ask...

In Guangzhou there are shops...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience