Exora CFE temperature hike during uphill?

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
They claimed the rad water level in the container should be going down instead of going up during accerelation. Now they said this situation is due to head gasket kong edy and need to proceed the top overhaul

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup bro.... so need to do the top overhaul? And they said need around 1week to settle....
I have seen my mechanic test that way too, sign of blown head gasket. If not too sure, maybe get a second opinion. But this is what I found in the net too.....

If your head gasket has sprung a leak, air bubbles are liable to find their way into your radiator. In order to confirm the presence of air bubbles, carefully remove your radiator cap; then, give your vehicle's engine ample time to warm up. Next, proceed to rev your engine several times. If air bubbles emerge, you will know what to do.

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
I have seen my mechanic test that way too, sign of blown head gasket. If not too sure, maybe get a second opinion. But this is what I found in the net too.....

If your head gasket has sprung a leak, air bubbles are liable to find their way into your radiator. In order to confirm the presence of air bubbles, carefully remove your radiator cap; then, give your vehicle's engine ample time to warm up. Next, proceed to rev your engine several times. If air bubbles emerge, you will know what to do.
Should be quite confirm head gasket issue as yesterday this statement said by 2 foreman... my wallet going to leak as well :bawling::bawling::bawling:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
wooo... that kinda test yeah.

Better get it done before the head gasket breaks even more and leaks coolant into the engine. If you reach that stage wallet won't only be koyak, it's gonna kering!

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
This is exactly what happened to my previous car, so I had new gasket but the problem was still going... Turned out to be a bad radiator so that's new radiator and head gasket...

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
wooo... that kinda test yeah.

Better get it done before the head gasket breaks even more and leaks coolant into the engine. If you reach that stage wallet won't only be koyak, it's gonna kering!
Haha... im jz not expect 5yrs car can go into that situation or may be i push too much edy :biggrin:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
This is exactly what happened to my previous car, so I had new gasket but the problem was still going... Turned out to be a bad radiator so that's new radiator and head gasket...
Bro, what ur previous car? Exora same as mine? Im kind of lucky becoz the head gasket yet to become worse and still serve me well after the last incident... im playing with fire... :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just thought of starting this thread to hear on what sifus over here got to say about their own first car and what good or bad memories that you all can say about it.

Hope sifus around here can share some stories of their humble beginnings with their first car and what kind of things that you all have done to the car. :biggrin: Also, how many of you are still keeping your first car?

For me, I am still driving my first car which is a Wira 4G15 that is passed down to me 3 years ago.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience