EVO2 idling problem

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
hi guys,

just 2 updte my idling prob (when AC off & engine temperature is warm s.o.p), yesterday's i've service my tb & change fuel filter to new one...It seems uptill now my idling looks okay when AC off & engine is hot...Lets see if the problem persists for the next few days...

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
acbc, FYI FICD is 'fast idle control device'. I think i read somewhere its supposed to increase/control your idle RPM when aircond on/off or engine hot/cold.

I replaced ISC and TB too....still happen the same prob but only when aircond is on. So i suspect now the problem has something to do with aircond system which affects the engine. namely....FICD.

Ill keep posting. looking to replace my FICD sometime next week.

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
bb1-man said:
acbc, FYI FICD is 'fast idle control device'. I think i read somewhere its supposed to increase/control your idle RPM when aircond on/off or engine hot/cold.

I replaced ISC and TB too....still happen the same prob but only when aircond is on. So i suspect now the problem has something to do with aircond system which affects the engine. namely....FICD.

Ill keep posting. looking to replace my FICD sometime next week.
So, on the Cyclone / ECI-Multi TB... where do I find it? I only found the ISC. FICD where?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Question : Did air con compressor have wiring or signal to ecu ?? is it because signal cut off intermittenly ??
Let said throttle body and ISC is newly replace, should be no problem right ?? but why still encounter stalling issue ?? something wrong right ??
I go for some website, all of them are mention on ISC either TPS, nothing else.
FICD is only help us to solve the problem, but we haven't find out the root cause right ?? Maybe all of us throttle body and ISC actually are in good condition , only 1 wiring cause this problem but we don't know ....

acbc

4,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2004
KD
If that's the case, most likely something is wrong with the ECU.

cb70

Known Member
Jun 14, 2005
Serdang
Just to share,from my experience....
If your engine was from halfcut shop, try to check the fuel filter...Maybe it got clogged & need to be replaced ....In my case, i've changed my engine to halfcut one last year, but have not change the 'fuel filter' since then...The only thing i changed was the ficd for AC & tb....My problem exactly like you guys, after engine is hot & AC is off ,my engine can easily stall...Eventhough, i've change the ficd, the engine rpm can be said steady only whenever AC is on....but not when AC is off (especially while engine is hot)....So, i guess there is not enough fuel coming thru the tb during idling due to the clogged 'fuel filter'....Which caused the rpm to behave like that one...After 5 days, it seems my idling become okay already ;)

just my 2 cents...

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
we only suffer when air con is " on " .
without aircon, is perfect ..........

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
ya...my problem is the same as boyzone. only when a/c is on we suffer.

Im running out of ideas and so is my mechanic. Next effort : clean up air filter!! hahahha worth a try lah

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Guys , I found that mostly my engine stalling is at engine hot condition, I check on ISC , found that it really hot hot .. even though I can't touch it at all.
Is it because engine too hot cause coil open ??

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
I still think its related to FICD which is linked to aircond system. Because our problem goes away when aircond is off! even when the engine is hot!

plus...i already replaced my ISC....but not FICD yet. Coming soon. Stay tuned!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
yes, bro BB1 :
I forgot to ask u is it this problem happen to u since day one after convertion ot just recenttly ?? mine one is since day one after convertion : (

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
boyzone,

sorry for late reply bro. FICD still not replaced. No time lah. Im driving around comfortably without aircond....and slightly careful on throttle when aircon on. SO far not much probs.

My prob have been there since i bought the car. Day one lah. I contemplated ECU change....but then the guy who has the ECU in his store room lost it. Arghh!

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
I dun think so is ecu ..laa, because my prev 2 of the mitsubishi engine also encounter the same problem ....
yesterday I just change my throttle body, of coz included ISC and TPS. Not yet test, But I dun think so can solve my problem also.
As same with u , I also need to drive carefully when switch on air con .... Really bad.

Jun 8, 2006
Hi Sifus, just want to share.....

Me also facing the same problem about 2 years till now. When no aircond ,RPM at 1K. With aircond, RPM drop till 400. When start every morning, the RPM start around 500 then up slowly till 1K. The auto choke seems not functioning. I drive 4G93T. I already change all the related parts but the problem still there.

1) ECU 2X
2) TB set (with ISC and TPS) 2X.
3) Injector once
4) Airflow once
5) Fuel filter every 15K mileage

Many workshop i went to, the mech said the problem due to TB. But i already change it 2 sets. I tried my TB with other friends who drive 4G93T, it's all functioning well. Auto choke on and the RPM didn't drop when the aircond on. It seems no problem with my TB. What to check and what to do?

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
something wrong with ur wiring ... just look for it.

guys, any update ??

-sky-

Known Member
Apr 2, 2006
i think, the most probaly cause 4 the probs is the EGR. and try to set ur engine idling a bit higher.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

can I like buy somebucket of house paint , you know those paint wall and use it to paint car ?

I dontreally care about the quality I care more abourt covering it so it will not rust
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience