Anyone here buying/selling cars using bitcoins.

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Well good luck to you.

You certainly have more faith in it than me.

As I said, and you seem to imply this in your 'halving' comment above, people are mining and acquiring BCs as a speculative commodity because "miners might switch to another cryptocurrency if mining becomes less profitable" (your quote).

And if they do switch to another cryptocurrency ? Are you are suggesting then that BCs may lose adopters? A currency is a currency predominantly because it is widely accepted as legal tender to be a medium of exchange. If it ceases to command such acceptance because it becomes unpopular and people start dumping it, then what good is it as a currency ? The fact that you even suggest the halving process may not work out does not inspire confidence.

It does not necessarily mean that just because a bunch of ppl are enthusiastically adopting it at the moment, that they are doing it for idealistic reasons of a better currency. Speculators are, by nature, also early adopters if they can anticipate an upward trend with the value. I have been involved in corp finance my entire career and I honestly just don't see that folks are doing the BC thing just for 'the greater good'.

It's a interesting concept and what gratifies me about it is that it is making those a$$holes at Wall Street and the Feds squirm because BC is something they cannot manipulate. But it's not a hippie feel-good and fuzzy revolution. It's money making money....oldest story in the book.

I keep repeating myself here, but your inherent BC value is still referenced against a fiat currency like the US$. No different from a limited production of X-commodity (cars, diapers,...whatever) which the market attribute a value. You hold BCs, I hold a portfolio of stocks and other investments. At the end of the day, I don't think we are really very different from each other.

It's very well for you to tell me, if I had not test drive it, then maybe I don't know what I am talking about. I don't have to test drive BCs to know that it will do on the basic level....send money, receive money, a repository of value, etc etc.

Treat me then as a skeptic and try to sell it to me harder than merely calling for a test drive. Go beyond that. How about a no-holds-barred destructive crash test ?

Tell me how foolproof it is from a security standpoint. Mt. Gox, Bitstamp, Neo & Bee, Mycoin, Evolution. Those are the names behind major BC scandals in the short time that this crytocurrency has been with us. Again, what happened to the 700,000+ missing BCs from Gox ? They all have the same endgame and I have not heard one BC proponent come up to convincingly tell me how the system will be sufficiently foolproof to stop a repeat of the above.

I am not defending the current financial system. It is broken as f**k. 2008 taught us how Wall Street, the Big Banks and the politicians criminally screw the common man out of greed and then bail out the criminals with taxpayer's money so they can continue doing what they did. And 2008 was not the first time, nor will it be the last.

However, if you want me to jump camp from one broken financial system into to new one, you better do a more through job convincing me why I should back the new horse. Anyone can just quote the sales brochure. I cannot give a pass just on faith alone. It's my hard-earned money too.

Last edited:

hex999

Known Member
Oct 27, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Well to start off, I am not trying to convince anyone here to move to bitcoin and to be frank I am personally not bothered on what anyone here does with their wealth. If I were to it would make no sense to include the flaws of the system. As mention there are pro's/con's on everything, but I personally would not put my entire life savings into one basket. For me it's simple, if you don't trust something, dont do it. Likewise I would not leave all my wealth in ringgit too because I do not trust it too. The reason I started this thread because I wanted to survey and see how many car enthusiast actually are buying/selling cars or parts using bitcoins because I initially had plans on encouraging my mechanic on accepting bitcoins but maybe that might be a bad idea for now since many people are still skeptical.

I see you have a great port folio and you are very knowledgeable, I respect that. I just have an average portfolio of Forex trading, equity trading ,real estate, and cryptocurrency trading. My background is software engineering/game developer. I am one of an early adopter of bitcoin from back in 2012 when it was around USD60, but always regretted of not buying a large sum of it until today :(
Bitcoin sure does has it's pro's but I clearly stated its potential flaws but it's also an assumption whether it can succeed or fail. So even if it starts to fail, I am well prepared to make a move.

I think you might be confused with the term CRYPTOCURRENCY and bitcoin.

" A cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a medium of exchange using cryptography to secure the transactions and to control the creation of new units.[1] Cryptocurrencies are a subset of alternative currencies, or specifically of digital currencies. Bitcoin became the first decentralized cryptocurrency in 2009.[2] Since then, numerous cryptocurrencies have been created.[3] These are frequently called altcoins, as a blend of bitcoin alternative.[4][5]"

Crytocurrency is a technology, bitcoin is just the first decentralized Crypto-Currency. So as mentioned for the third time, what I personally believe is Crypto-Currency can be the future. Bitcoin can be but who knows maybe a new improved Crypto-Currency may come out. Like for now if you check out

https://coinmarketcap.com/

Bitcoin is number 1, ethereum number 2 which is a very new crytocurrency has appreciated 1000% in 3 months because of its more advance technology, i stock up a lot of it when it was around usd3 it when up to usd14 few weeks ago, now it's on a decline, well because it's being heavily traded in the crytocurrency market.
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/ethereum-rise-growth-new-york-times/

For its intrinsic value,
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/article...-twenty-two-reasons-to-think-again-1399454061
well of course it's no where close as established against USD hence it is still reference to USD, why? The public has to start trusting something to have value, just like how you trust that pieces of paper in your wallet has actual value. Evolution of money goes from barter trading, to precious metals and now to bank notes. Who knows the next generation of money might be CRYPTOCURRENCY? You must agree that digital is far more efficient then paper. It is also better for the environment. Who here still brings briefcases of bank notes instead of doing an online transfer or telegraphic transfer? Maybe in the future they might stop printing bank notes and switch to a digital era entirely, where it maybe might still be in ringgit but digital.

So can ethereum or bitcoin be the currency of the future? maybe who knows, early adopters usually benefits if it goes well. I personally have stocked up a lot of ethereums well because I believe in it :)

Last edited:

FVel

500 RPM
Feb 5, 2007
Still want to pay for your car with Bitcoins ?

Looks to me it is much more attractive to hang on to it as an investment commodity rather than use it as medium of exchange. And I think that it what you are doing because it's so obvious from your tone :)

Kind of crazy if you think about it. In about 2 months, its value goes up 100+%.

It looks like the market is quite bullish in 2016 :-

http://moneymorning.com/2016/05/25/this-bitcoin-price-prediction-sees-a-2016-rise-to-1000/
http://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-halving-2016-will-price-rise-fall/

I'm still on the fence with this. Call me old-fashion or whatever but I'm doing okay with more traditional portfolios, though world economy has taken a beating of late and the local economy in particular not helped by the ineptitude and abuse from Najib and those crooks in Govt, but there are no perpetual uptrends in anything and that's why you hedge, do not over-extend and hunker down when the markets are down. Prudence, patience and rationality are the bywords with investments.

Well, good luck to you.

Reactions: alcyon
Aug 12, 2018
I believe that the future is not in cryptocurrencies but in blockchain technology. If you have time you can read about benefits of emercoin to understand what blockchain technologies you can use right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apr 30, 2021
Hello readers! Many of you think that trading cryptocurrency is difficult and requires a lot of time for analysis and other things. From time to time, this is true, but I found a way to simplify this matter using the coinigy price tool. It presents detailed charts with special indicators. It is also possible to conveniently trade on many exchanges. A very good site, I advise everyone!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

RAINAWAY” is a trade mark registered products; “RAINAWAY” products offer you highest quality nanotechnology products and are an alternative solution to enhance the performance of your products by sophisticated technology.

For the past decade, we proud to claim ourselves as a pioneer in providing a nanotechnology protection glass coating system and nano titanium photo-catalyst coating in car care, auto motive and building/construction industries.

The nanotechnology...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience