Advice on buying Mazda RX-8

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
Just don't buy and end of story. Rotary is not for everyone. Buy a vios instead. And please do not ever mention the RM2k+ regular servicing cost for GTR R35 and the RM200k deposit for sending a Lambo to its official serbis center when servicing mileage due.

What reliability or issues all boiled down into money. Pay money got honey and pay peanut got monkey. If can't afford the RM20+k worth of lambo clutch, buy a RX8. If can't afford the RM6xx worth of good 18" tires for rx8, get a Vios. If Vios brake pad is too expensive, get a Myvi. If myvi engine oil is not budget friendly to you, just buy a honda EX5. If the EX5 downpayment is too much to be believe is true, then slap yourself 2 times and wake your ass up and work harder in stead of keep on dreaming for something that is far from your reach. Of cause, if slippers are too expensive to wear for traveling, then sell off all your assets including underwear and go live in jungle. Never suicide cause you can still buy a sport car and have fun for 2-3 months by selling off your kidney for downpayment and wait for few months until the bank send tow truck to your house.

Nowadays plenty of youngsters rushing to buy car when have enough downpayment. Lower head overrules upper head. If you keep your money for another 10 years, probably you can own it without suffering so much.

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
That's our men CSL, last time my brother also get him cucuk b4. But is worth it. Hahaha

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Just don't buy and end of story. Rotary is not for everyone. Buy a vios instead. And please do not ever mention the RM2k+ regular servicing cost for GTR R35 and the RM200k deposit for sending a Lambo to its official serbis center when servicing mileage due.

What reliability or issues all boiled down into money. Pay money got honey and pay peanut got monkey. If can't afford the RM20+k worth of lambo clutch, buy a RX8. If can't afford the RM6xx worth of good 18" tires for rx8, get a Vios. If Vios brake pad is too expensive, get a Myvi. If myvi engine oil is not budget friendly to you, just buy a honda EX5. If the EX5 downpayment is too much to be believe is true, then slap yourself 2 times and wake your ass up and work harder in stead of keep on dreaming for something that is far from your reach. Of cause, if slippers are too expensive to wear for traveling, then sell off all your assets including underwear and go live in jungle. Never suicide cause you can still buy a sport car and have fun for 2-3 months by selling off your kidney for downpayment and wait for few months until the bank send tow truck to your house.

Nowadays plenty of youngsters rushing to buy car when have enough downpayment. Lower head overrules upper head. If you keep your money for another 10 years, probably you can own it without suffering so much.
Well said. Could not agree more, especially on the last paragraph.

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Hmmm.. Heated conversation..

Naah, nothing heated here, just a healthy discussion among different views. I'm sure everyone is as calm and cool as ice! :)

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
I should just get a classic beetle at the beginning in stead of a sport car. a year before buying sport cars, I still drove wira and able to open 8-9 fixed deposits saving a year. After bought the car, 1st month I wasted +-RM30k. And from that time till now, about 5 years +, although income is raising, but I still as broke as 1st time come out to work. Just don't know where all the money gone. I'm fcked so hope not to happen to others too.

K2 stanley

Known Member
Mar 24, 2009
I should just get a classic beetle at the beginning in stead of a sport car. a year before buying sport cars, I still drove wira and able to open 8-9 fixed deposits saving a year. After bought the car, 1st month I wasted +-RM30k. And from that time till now, about 5 years +, although income is raising, but I still as broke as 1st time come out to work. Just don't know where all the money gone. I'm fcked so hope not to happen to others too.
Brother CSL u may broke is not bcoz u driving a car, u also research the car mayb is due to ur job. But bcoz of this passion then others learned a lot from u. :adore::adore::adore:

csl

1,000 RPM
Aug 22, 2005
Malysia
When you have a car, you will be hit by many hidden things that make you lose money. When you have a nice car, you got more hit. Example, friends asking for TT or joining car club gathering. Besides these, those fragrance for car, car wash and many little things. When combine together, it will become something. If modification or aftermarket parts involved, then will be horrible. And sports car cost few times more than normal cars.

I did do R&D on my car. Reason is no money to buy straight off the shelf and don't like something that to be failed at certain time.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is a Nissan NV200 Panel Van. Originally, Nissan only offers them in White. Instead of leaving it stock, we resprayed it black. Why? because black is the hardest colour to deal with, it has extremely visible swirl, hologram or scratches when damaged. On top of that, a repainted paint job does not always show up shiny...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience