4G1Series, (Save the SOHC's)

sinister_sid

Sep 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Re: 4G1Series, we are proud for what we are! (Save the SOHC's)

Hi Bro .. what is the best conversion for a 4g15.. ?

4g93 SOCH or 4g93 DOHC GDI ? Which engine FC is high ? :confused:

---------- Post added at 08:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Hi SatriaKaki..

When is the last time you changed yr fuel filter ?
Buy the good quality fuel filter.. yr engine will be smooth & quiet.:driver:

gdi ?
if wira/satria/saga cannot put in gdi 4g93
terbalik la

kaderAE101

Known Member
Mar 6, 2010
K.L / Ampang

gdi ?
terbalik la

I c.. so wira can use which engine ? 4g 92 only ?:hmmmm:

sinister_sid

Sep 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

gdi ?
terbalik la

I c.. so wira can use which engine ? 4g 92 only ?:hmmmm:
can use 4g91,92,93or 61,63 but with timing belt facing right
later model 4g93t,93 gdi,93mivec,63 is facing left which only can be use for waja,gen2 , satria neo , persona hence local term 4g93 terbalik

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh

hi..whats the difference between using 268 and 270 camshaft on 4g15? in terms of performance and engine/exhaust sound?

thanks

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching

can use 4g91,92,93or 61,63 but with timing belt facing right
later model 4g93t,93 gdi,93mivec,63 is facing left which only can be use for waja,gen2 , satria neo , persona hence local term 4g93 terbalik
this is my wira last time before i forced to downgrade back,sharing is caring,i know u guys do understand what the red 1 is :love::love:, now joining sohc with 4g92p:adore::adore: still newbie to sohc though, start to learn now lol:biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

hi..whats the difference between using 268 and 270 camshaft on 4g15? in terms of performance and engine/exhaust sound?

thanks
Yours is a VDO right? Unless you have a way to retune your ignition timing, changing to a mild cam will result in loss of low end torque and gain a faster mid-high revving engine. Exhaust sound? You'll be high revving all the time so if you have a large exhaust, you'll be getting lots of noise from the exhaust.

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007

k_takuya what cams u considering?

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh

Yours is a VDO right? Unless you have a way to retune your ignition timing, changing to a mild cam will result in loss of low end torque and gain a faster mid-high revving engine. Exhaust sound? You'll be high revving all the time so if you have a large exhaust, you'll be getting lots of noise from the exhaust.
my wira se is year 95/96...planning to use adjustable cam tu cover the loss pickup power.

Please share your suggestions :) coz i dont think im good at this hehe

---------- Post added at 03:04 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

k_takuya what cams u considering?
JAsma 270 or pipercam 268

or Works engineering?

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...892-works-performance-camshaft-4g13-4g15.html

Would really appreciate if you can share with me your suggestions too. I'm willing to put in 2k for engine upgrades.

at first i thought of 4g93... but seems too expensive nowdays... maybe 6k ?

My target is a daily driven car with a better performance than stock

thanks

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

Er.. I only learn from the taikors and sifus. I'm just as newbie as you.

Drexchan developed this interesting crank sensor adjustor which allows you to forward the ignition timing. So I'm thinking pairing this with a mild billet cam will let you minimize the loss of low end torque. Mine is a little different, my LCP was modified to be adjustable so I can adjust the timing from there. But since I'm not using cams and is driving auto no point la (for me).

2k budget you can get a complete BOT kit from Mudah lor...

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh

Er.. I only learn from the taikors and sifus. I'm just as newbie as you.

Drexchan developed this interesting crank sensor adjustor which allows you to forward the ignition timing. So I'm thinking pairing this with a mild billet cam will let you minimize the loss of low end torque. Mine is a little different, my LCP was modified to be adjustable so I can adjust the timing from there. But since I'm not using cams and is driving auto no point la (for me).

2k budget you can get a complete BOT kit from Mudah lor...
Turbokit is tempting..but so far in johor...

tofu_manic

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2007

what u done so far to the 4g15?

if dont want alang alang power increase then follow the force-inducted path hehe quite a few have done it in 4g1series, can easily get their advice

for 2 k u can either go for a stroker kit, which will broaden ur powerband and achieve peak torque earlier, or go for an aftermarket cam

...........or add abit more $$ and wait for a someone to sell off their turbokits, ive seen quite a few in the past few months

K_Takuya

Moderate Moderator
Helmet Clan
Sep 1, 2005
Limau bali,Ipoh

nothing done to my engine yet. if force induction, how bas it will be at roadblocks? as i travel frequent, possibilities to meet with them is very high hehe

sinister_sid

Sep 11, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

this is my wira last time before i forced to downgrade back,sharing is caring,i know u guys do understand what the red 1 is :love::love:, now joining sohc with 4g92p:adore::adore: still newbie to sohc though, start to learn now lol:biggrin::biggrin:
that a evo4to7 4g63t wor :adore::adore::adore:
good old day this can be done
nowday even 1.3 to 1.8 olso headscratch :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

anyone here used this product before?? just bought it last weekend and will be trying it out during my next fuel top up..

says on the label, pour the whole contents into 1 full tank of petrol..but also says it is capable of treating up to 30gallons which is erm...approx 136 liters based on UK gallon..dats almost 3 full tanks..or shud i go with US gallon??

do u guys think i should just dump the whole contents into 1 full tank or spread out over 3 times?? kinda worried cos it says on the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience