4G1Series - We are proud for what we are! (Save the SOHCs)

fstr

7,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Apr 19, 2004
Sahara Desert

It all started in 2005 when I created the Carburetor Forum for enthusiasts of the 4G1-series engine, with 1,300 and 1,500 cc engine car owners consisting of mainly Malaysian-made cars which are highly affordable, have durable engines and an abundance of spare parts.

Before 2005, I’ve gone through several Sagas, Iswaras and Satrias and I have meddled extensively with the engine internals. It went to an extent that in one particular year I had to change more than three engines! For more than 10 years, the 4G1-series single cam engine has been in my bloodline. I once converted to the Mitsubishi 4G9-series engine but it wasn’t meant to be. As my tagline has always been to "SAVE THE SOHC's"

However, this was by no means a downgrade. I have been successfully campaigning this car in GRA (Grassroots Racing Autosports) competitions since year 2005 and at one time was placed as high as second against a field of competitors with cars that were much more highly regarded, much to my competitors’ embarrassment. I have also been active in many motorsports events over the years.

The 4G1 Series forum was started by me to give all members a chance to understand this underrated but wonderfully versatile engine which can dish out a minimum of 99 hp with the right modifications that are both affordable and compliant with the strict regulations of our road transport department. With the help of all other car modders in our forum, we provide a sense of belonging to 4G1-series owners since this humble single cam engine has been already replaced by Campro engines.

Currently, we have 150 active members nationwide including some from East Malaysia. Our members are involved in the whole range of modifications that are available for the 4G1-series, from performance carburetor, naturally aspirated and force induction. Our community organizes regular meet-ups and outings of various kinds to keep each other engaged in our passion.

We welcome the participation of more owners of the 4G1-series engine in its various incarnations to join our small but vibrant and closely knitted community.

4G1X engines. Sadly delegated to inferiority. But we shall never forget and we shall never give up

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Korean Chaebol - KIA Motors is out to impress with their upcoming and newly designed next generation Kia Forte – Cerato in other markets and K3 in Korea’s domestic market, having sold over 445,000 units globally in 2011 alone.

<!--more-->The next-gen Forte (as it’s known in Malaysia) will be provided with a newly and futuristically designed exterior that will be longer, lower and wider whilst...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience