AudiNews

Revealed: Audi S5 Sportback

audi-s5-sportback

The long rumoured Audi S5 has finally been shown and it’s going to make its way to this month’s Frankfurt Motor Show.

audi-s5-sportback-5

The S5 is powered by a 3-liter supercharged V6 engine that’s good for 329bhp and 325lb-ft of torque that’s available between 2,900 and 5,300rpm. So expect power to be typically punchy. Audi claims a 0-100 time of 5.4-seconds with an electronically limited top speed of 250km/h and boasts a combined fuel economy figure that’s best in its class.

audi-s5-sportback-1

The S5 Sportback also features a seven-speed S tronic dual clutch transmission with Audi’s signature Quattro all-wheel-drive system. The new Audi also features a ‘torque-vectoring’ sport differential which distributes power to the rear axle between the wheels to help maximise traction.

audi-s5-sportback-3

The car comes with sportier suspension settings, and rides on 18 inch alloys with 245/40 tyres. The S5 logo appears on the brake calipers, as well as on the nose and tail, and there’s not a great deal else to to distinguish the car visually from the outside. Inside, you get to luxuriate in Silk Nappa leather luxury on a pair of electrically adjustable sports seats. More information later this month.

audi-s5-sportback-6

Audi S5 Sportback (2)Audi S5 Sportback (5)Audi S5 Sportback (3)Audi S5 SportbackAudi S5 Sportback (4)Audi S5 Sportback (6)Audi S5 Sportback (1)

Source: PistonHeads

K
  • K
    KS
  • Sep 2, 2009
So like an A4
B
  • B
    bluetaxi
  • Sep 2, 2009
the A5 1st build to be a "A4-Coupe" mah. I still prefer the 2 door look then the 4 door seden.
M
  • M
    minivan
  • Sep 3, 2009
Audis are really nice cars. They should try make better in-roads here. Too many merz and beemers already in Malaysia.
B
  • B
    Bugs893
  • Sep 3, 2009
Its not just really nice cars, its superb!!! merz and beemer only can sebut asap.
A
  • A
    A1Diablo
  • Sep 3, 2009
Audis in my view have better build quality generally than Merc and BMW. The Audi brand is very strong in Europe. Too bad it is weak here. None of that is going to change here until Audi AG set up a base here and work on the brand image like what Merc AG and BMW AG did this decade.

It will still take time for Audi to build its brand because the brand was not represented well by all the past reps in Malaysia. Shame.
J
  • J
    junbecks
  • Sep 3, 2009
diablo:

indeed. over here to show your "status" you need to get a Beemer or a Benz. You wont be seen as someone who has "made it" particularly when you balik kampung if you dont drive either one.
such is the reality of market perception.
A
  • A
    A1Diablo
  • Sep 3, 2009
My parents got the latest C230 merc. Its a pretty decent car, very fun and sporty to drive but seems to lack that traditional Merc 'sense of occasion' feel. Interior plastics and trim are decent but not exceptional. Some of the control buttons and switches are downright plasticky and cheap. The Audi has more consistency with interior quality. The A4 that we tested was certainly very sporty. The A4 seemed to have more gadgets and was quite loaded given the price. Was either that or the C class. Didn't even bother with the 3 series.
M
  • M
    munky
  • Sep 3, 2009
agree with a1diablo. I tested the A4 with my dad, and my dad decided to buy it, and paid RM5k already. But then my mom bising no 2nd hand value la bla bla bla, then change to c200k. Seriously the A4 feels so much better than the more expensive c200k. And yeah, dont even bother with the 3 series (320i only la).
S
  • S
    skazareth
  • Sep 4, 2009
agree with munky. me n my grandmother tested R8. then my grandpa also says the same about no 2nd hand value bla bla bla then we all goes to NAZA and paid 5k for Murcielago. but still, R8 got better handling than Murcielago... ugghh..
A
  • A
    A1Diablo
  • Sep 4, 2009
Thats the unfortunate misconception. The A4 holds its value quite well actually.
S
  • S
    Shiang
  • Sep 4, 2009
Dare to change! Why wear uniforms like the C class and 3 series?

Took an S-line A4 despite being told that it has poor second hand value, spare parts are not readily available and stuff like that.
L
  • L
    links
  • Sep 4, 2009
A4 is a good car. I am driving one B7 2.0T. It can be a comfortable car in D mode and sporty car under S mode. The multitronic cvt gear box work smooth but somehow it makes the car having kind of 'lack of speed' feeling.Perhaps I should pay a little bit for the DTM version which offered quattro and a sporty bodykit last time......

But i would say the VAG 2.0T engine is a great engine.....it has great torque in low rev and easy to tune up....a chip mod can gain like 45-50hp easily.

The A3 sport back 1.4 turbo is out of stock in Asia. Many buyer need to wait 6 months for the car delivery now.
B
  • B
    bmw9700
  • Sep 6, 2009
The 2.0 version of the A4 will be out soon...Audi is making real superb cars now..the resale value is increasing and in a few years it will not be an issue..
D
winner lotto gewinen dize audi
J
  • J
    Jikot
  • Jul 3, 2011
Such a wonderful car
J