car air con gas leaking~!HELP~!

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
help, last friday i feel that my car air con is not cold, so sat i send to the workshop for inspection. then the mech say its because the air con gas not enough, so he just refill the gas for me and say ok d. then on the way i driving home, i can feel the cold air, but then got some gas smell when the moment i just on the air on. then today when i drive the car again, the air is no more cold liao.
i was wonder i can smell the air con gas inside the car, mean there is some leakage right?and will it be the cooling coil?tml plan to send to other shop for checking, service the air con and also change the spoiled parts...hope that wont kena chop head la...normally service air con charge is what how ar?and what they do for the service?thanks...

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
from my xperience there r so much parts to check - piping, cooling coil, etc. la... last time also faced same prob, after inspected found leakage at cooling coil n its pipe = rm300++ fly...

better go to trusted shop coz we can't estimate the cost, so many parts may had prob. i also went to shop at my hometown, can't find the best n cheap shop here..

hansonchen

Known Member
Jan 25, 2007
i can recommend a very good air-cond shop to you. so far, they've fixed all my modified cars air cond. they are able to install an air-cond into any classic cars that don't have air-cond. central car cooling @jln development, kepong. they will ask you if you wanna opt for el-chepo type of fixing or normal, their prices are so cheap.

workmanship's good, fast (sometimes they have so many cars to fix, may take some time). i've never come across any air-cond repair shop that fixes the compressor by dismantling it part by part, then replace the parts from compressors they bought lock stock barrel from chop shop. most will just tell you that compressor's no good, replace a 2nd hand one that costs rm300++.

if you come from kepong after jusco towards sri damansara, before reaching the overhead bridge beside a shopping complex that i forgot its name, there will be a caltex gas station. turn in there, they occupy 3 single storey shoplots.

hope it helps

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
The main issue is where is your location,
Second, u can check it by your self by use the foam soap (especially from washing cloth powder type).
Normally service just around 100 bucks coz of the noddays gas R12 is no more recommended to use coz of not envronment friendly. Then somemore 134a gas price is increasing month to month.
For your case, what car u are using? Not just cooling coil is causing trouble sometimes compressor, condensor or any of the hose also can cause such problem..
Coil will cause around 150 - 200 bucks for those APM, Sanden, Patco brand, Beware, do not use Cap Ayam coil coz will spoil faster or not cool even if u wanna to take the risk u can try for Chop Shop parts and sometimes even cooler if for Kancil if u get a nice 1...
Good Luck

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
i am driving nissan sentra N13...the air con very long time nvr service already...i can even smell the air con gas inside the car, so mostly which part is leaking?my location is at petaling jaya. will try to send to other workshop and check since the previous workshop i sent for checking dun really check for me. haha...thanks everyone...any other suggestion?

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
mmm... N13..
Try at chop shop can find cheaper and better things as this car a lot in Japan and cut it and send to Malaysia..
Check the leaking 1st b4 do anything unecessary..
Good luck..

Last edited:

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
May i ask, how come these parts tend to spoil or leak?

Is it coz of age? Heat? The way you handle your aircond while driving?

Maybe if we know we could be a lil more careful next time..

sky_lor

Known Member
Jan 9, 2005
well today sent to a workshop, change the cooling coil, the brand is season with 1 year warranty, and then change the valve set, 3/8 hose,dryer, refill R12 gas everything RM410...the coil is RM280 included labour charge...damn kau lat...a big hole for the wallet before gong xi fa chai...sweating till now man...haha...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

this was the 2nd car we did last Sunday, after the Toyota Wish
we only had quick break & Drink rushing to this rescue mission

One day , One of my close Friend stumble upon me, while browsing in a car forum
he couldn't believe seeing me detailing the Ferrari, Porsche & Lexus .... not even a pro but only an enthusiast

I wouldnt have done it all alone thus this far ....as sparks by Seech PASSION

this was a last minute arrangement, as this will be my last sunday detailing...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience