New Proton Inspira now available for booking!

nomend

Known Member
May 16, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
I personally think that the best investment is not buying a car but buying a House. Every car in Malaysia will depreciate their price while houses will rise more and more. Doesn't matter what car either Proton or other Japanese car all the same. Maybe performance and reliability is different but price will still go down. So Smart guy must save money and buy cheaper car then buying same car with higher price. So I do think proton slogan is correct Smart guy get it. Why buy expensive car when you can get the car with lesser price and save more money.

Peace :proud:

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
what i heard - from the horses mouth,
100 units CBU - mostly for display, media write up and test drive
remaining units - 25% local parts.
later on - 65% local parts.

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
re-badged......:)

joeqho

Jul 4, 2007
We appreciate Proton for providing 100k jobs to Malaysian Rakyat, yet do we share all the profits gained by our NATIONAL CARS MANUFACTURER? Are they really being beneficial to us, or to those BIG TAUKE WITH BIG POWER sitting in the office only?

We appreciate Proton for making our country to be one of a HIGH TECH country which build our own car, and developing the technology for our nation. But after 25 years, why do we still rely on Joint Venture and other country's technology to allow us to build our own car?

Proton is supposed to be our pride, like what Honda and Toyota making Japan is. But why do we feel ashamed whenever this new model come out with no new technology developed by our own people, our own engineer? I do not believe our Malaysian couldn't perform the RnD works to develope a new car, or is it all talented Malaysians are stolen by other countries who appreciate these talents more than who they are?

We appreciate Proton for making us National Car as a choice when we buy car, this would show our patriotism. But why would we pay more than other people to buy our National Car? Why our NATIONAL CAR MANUFACTURER EARN MORE FROM OUR OWN PEOPLE THAN FROM PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRY? WHY ON EARTH WE HAVE TO PAY >10k more than UK PEOPLE TO BUY OUR OWN COUNTRY CAR?

Its no longer a question of us to buy the PROTON car or not to show our like or dislike to the car they produced. Don't you remember the Government are paying for the Losses of the PROTON a few years back? How can our Government pay for this LOSSES? Isn't it to be the taxes paid by US? THE MALAYSIAN PEOPLE? So Ok, we can choose not to buy the PROTON cars, but can we choose not to pay the TAXES? Which eventually used to cover the LOSSES met by PROTON?

We love our country, We wish to have our own National Cars too.. But after 25 years of excellence, can we really achieved the EXCELLENCE that we expected 25 years ago? 25 years may be less in a lot of people eyes, but look at UK, they even close down their automotive industry which started 100 years ago. Why would we need to continue struggle in a industry by losing our Rakyat money.

And the biggest trouble that caused by PROTOn is the TAX. All these crazy tax are introduced only to protect our beloved PROTON. The price for alll the new cars are just being ridiculous, even with our National Car. Is these really the things that wanted by all 28millions Malaysians? Is these really the Voice of Malaysian Bangsa? I hope someone in the G would notice this.

I love Malaysia, I love Proton, I do. But we need to do better to survive, and not to be a joke to other people..

jambunk86

500 RPM
Jun 19, 2005
Kajang
all the smart guys are here.
those in proton are not.
im so impressed!

We appreciate Proton for providing 100k jobs to Malaysian Rakyat, yet do we share all the profits gained by our NATIONAL CARS MANUFACTURER? Are they really being beneficial to us, or to those BIG TAUKE WITH BIG POWER sitting in the office only?

We appreciate Proton for making our country to be one of a HIGH TECH country which build our own car, and developing the technology for our nation. But after 25 years, why do we still rely on Joint Venture and other country's technology to allow us to build our own car?

Proton is supposed to be our pride, like what Honda and Toyota making Japan is. But why do we feel ashamed whenever this new model come out with no new technology developed by our own people, our own engineer? I do not believe our Malaysian couldn't perform the RnD works to develope a new car, or is it all talented Malaysians are stolen by other countries who appreciate these talents more than who they are?

We appreciate Proton for making us National Car as a choice when we buy car, this would show our patriotism. But why would we pay more than other people to buy our National Car? Why our NATIONAL CAR MANUFACTURER EARN MORE FROM OUR OWN PEOPLE THAN FROM PEOPLE FROM OTHER COUNTRY? WHY ON EARTH WE HAVE TO PAY >10k more than UK PEOPLE TO BUY OUR OWN COUNTRY CAR?

Its no longer a question of us to buy the PROTON car or not to show our like or dislike to the car they produced. Don't you remember the Government are paying for the Losses of the PROTON a few years back? How can our Government pay for this LOSSES? Isn't it to be the taxes paid by US? THE MALAYSIAN PEOPLE? So Ok, we can choose not to buy the PROTON cars, but can we choose not to pay the TAXES? Which eventually used to cover the LOSSES met by PROTON?

We love our country, We wish to have our own National Cars too.. But after 25 years of excellence, can we really achieved the EXCELLENCE that we expected 25 years ago? 25 years may be less in a lot of people eyes, but look at UK, they even close down their automotive industry which started 100 years ago. Why would we need to continue struggle in a industry by losing our Rakyat money.

And the biggest trouble that caused by PROTOn is the TAX. All these crazy tax are introduced only to protect our beloved PROTON. The price for alll the new cars are just being ridiculous, even with our National Car. Is these really the things that wanted by all 28millions Malaysians? Is these really the Voice of Malaysian Bangsa? I hope someone in the G would notice this.

I love Malaysia, I love Proton, I do. But we need to do better to survive, and not to be a joke to other people..
joe,
im glad there's someone like u still.:itsme:

SUJAAR AR RACING

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
So pity.... after 25 years still dont have own creative model... own brand... still want to copycat from mitsubishi... Another joke...they copy the latest lancer... donno what proton think... is that malaysian car lover stupid.....Price...to much for old lady with new makeup... SMART GUYS GET IT.... HERE the SMART....stand for what ?

RONIN

Known Member
Jun 22, 2004
hmm... i will used my hard earn money buying car that i like...

don't said buying house better, buying 2nd hand car better... due to car depreciation value.. i'll put my money on my own choice.. my advise, its depend on ur budget.. go your priority first..

its your money.. do research, test drive n buy if really suit you.. again, no force on buying..

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur

Should just get rid of those ridiculously high import taxes and let Proton go bust in the process! Don't need national car, but just need any GOOD cars with REASONABLE prices!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Does anyone know how much is the normal price for a piece of wheel spacer and what kind of material of the wheel spacer is available on the market?

I am using it on a Toyota Land Cruiser Mark II...what type or diameter of wheel spacer should i use..

Does anyone have any idea?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience