Perdana evo Vs Perdana eterna Twin Turbo

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
yesterday went to c the hafcut with my mech. it's just happen that kedai also my mech kenal, kawan lama. katenye kawan sampai mati. mech said everything ok. engine,turbine,aircond,display ok. the only not ok is the disk brake. like is the picture. there's no way to skim it the corrosion too deep. then got a fren offer me 2 disk gen 2 GTO big size one for rm 750 :nurse:. is that a regular price? or potong price? anyway i'm going for TT white meter finally. mech said two week to complete everything. gear lock he wil do it himself. Alang2 i want to install turbo timer and boost controller staright away. do i need to change the wastegate too? i said to mech keep the original look as much as possible. I don't want to be spotted. hehehe. turbo timer n boost controller simpan dlm drawer. by the way boost controller good one would be turbosmart issit? turbo timer I already got from my old sr20 (greddy)..

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:22 PM ----------

I'll try to maintain the old manual aircond. but mech said just use the digital one got 8 speed some more. I think speed 3 is more than enough. meter I'll change to white. I'll lost the wood finishing inside the car. intercooler i just use the standard one. I also will lose auto cruise. i need to change the absorber and spring too right? Koni would be ok?

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

by the way, when i buy the hafcut the bodypart is not included. lamp,bumper and fender.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

by the way, when i buy the hafcut the bodypart is not included. lamp,bumper and fender.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
good to hear that bro...
try to bargain more on the GTO disc brakes to rm700 or 650.
get a turbo timer, no need to change the wastegates, in fact remember to change your timing belt, spark plugs & water pump, u could tell your mech to overhaul the engine 1st, u could get either electronic boost controller RM400-500 or manual boost controller rm100-150 or tulang ikan rm8 haha,....if u want wood finishing, u could send your panels for spraying ma...u wan CF, wood, etc..all also can.

i suggest u go for adjustables straight, if u want comfort + handling, HWL should be your choice. bout rm1.5-1.6k

u should also use the digital aircond....the old perdana ones too old fashion....

i tot rm7.5 k includes body part.....if dowan the bodypart, can tolak back to him for rm300-400...

use the eterna white meter bro if not your meter reading will not be accurate......i suggest u use all parts from the halfcut....

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
good to hear that bro...
try to bargain more on the GTO disc brakes to rm700 or 650.
get a turbo timer, no need to change the wastegates, in fact remember to change your timing belt, spark plugs & water pump, u could tell your mech to overhaul the engine 1st, u could get either electronic boost controller RM400-500 or manual boost controller rm100-150 or tulang ikan rm8 haha,....if u want wood finishing, u could send your panels for spraying ma...u wan CF, wood, etc..all also can.

i suggest u go for adjustables straight, if u want comfort + handling, HWL should be your choice. bout rm1.5-1.6k

u should also use the digital aircond....the old perdana ones too old fashion....

i tot rm7.5 k includes body part.....if dowan the bodypart, can tolak back to him for rm300-400...

use the eterna white meter bro if not your meter reading will not be accurate......i suggest u use all parts from the halfcut....
Ok I'll make sure I do check list for the mech to do. I asked the mech whether to overhaul trus. he said no need. but change the things as you said. Will ask him again about overhauling..

Questions:

1. during buying what are the tips for extra careful steps? The buyer will give me receipt and Surat kastam only right? anything else to ask for?

2. I have not sent the surat kawal selia to putrajaya JPJ yet. DO i need to do that since the CC is the same and model is different from 6A12 NA to 6A12TT rite?

3. i need to ask for bank permission letter also right? and get hold the geran for a while? I was thinking to do all this after the conversion completed.

4. What brand do you recommend the adjustables? GAB adjustables?

5. What stock boost the 6A12TT white meter running? 0.7 bar or 0.5 bar?

6. What boost controller do you recommend? I confirm to use it. Should the same mech to install it or the shop that sells the controller?

6.1 I'm sure the internal actuator for wastegate already kaput. looking at the mileage.. so I plan to buy external for 2 pcs. any recommendation. budget no prob as long as it's reasonably priced

7. Not including bodypart 7.5K

8. Please share some tips when buying. Urgent needed :adore:

Tomorrow noon I'm making th payment and send to the workshop. you input would be appreciated. I don't want to be potong.

Last edited:

puyukrl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2007
congrats bro in getting a 6a12tt into ur perdana... happy boosting bro... :biggrin:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
Questions:

1. during buying what are the tips for extra careful steps? The buyer will give me receipt and Surat kastam only right? anything else to ask for?
**so far that are the important document. ask him let say during engine transplant, if the mech found something faulty, will he replace them? got warranty?

2. I have not sent the surat kawal selia to putrajaya JPJ yet. DO i need to do that since the CC is the same and model is different from 6A12 NA to 6A12TT rite?
**not sure bout that need to ask your mech.

3. i need to ask for bank permission letter also right? and get hold the geran for a while? I was thinking to do all this after the conversion completed.
**if your finance left 2-3 yrs more, u could ask permission from the bank to hold the geran.

4. What brand do you recommend the adjustables? GAB adjustables?
**if u dont mind harsh ride, GAb is hard, comfort will be HWL, best of both worlds will be TEIN hilo HA

5. What stock boost the 6A12TT white meter running? 0.7 bar or 0.5 bar?
**stock is 0.4 bar. u could increase boost to 0.6 or 0.8

6. What boost controller do you recommend? I confirm to use it. Should the same mech to install it or the shop that sells the controller?
**u wan electronic or manual boost controller? if electronic, get GReddy ProFec B, rm300-450 for used ones, if manual get halman rm150 for a new unit. get your mech to install it.
if cheapskate person like me uses tulang ikan only :)

6.1 I'm sure the internal actuator for wastegate already kaput. looking at the mileage.. so I plan to buy external for 2 pcs. any recommendation. budget no prob as long as it's reasonably priced
**must as well get external wastegates to replace the actuators...but seek advice from your mech, u either need 1 or 2 external wastegates, ask how many (mm) as well.

7. Not including bodypart 7.5K
**quite abit expensive. u tell him other places rm7-7.5k all with bodyparts.

8. Please share some tips when buying. Urgent needed
**err.....buying wat bro? halfcut ah? already advised u in the previous page.

Tomorrow noon I'm making th payment and send to the workshop. you input would be appreciated. I don't want to be potong.
** normally, workmanship for conversion+wiring will costs rm1.5k-2k, if V6 convert V6TT.
if SEI convert V6TT, might be slightly expensive, maybe about 300-400 more cos need to mod the mounting. if auto to tranny, need to cut the firewall.

**good luck bro....pray hard.

cheers.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:19 PM ----------

bro...remember to check your ECU, make sure its the RS version,
the socket is green colour.

TopRpm

Known Member
Sep 13, 2007
bro kanan, if i were you..when turun enjin, directly install external wasteate n make downpipe also siap-siap..the sound pergh!!!!! boosting safely 1.0 bar only can hear the downpipe 1 miles away oo........

mag9556

2,000 RPM
Jul 11, 2006
Me currently changing mine perdana Mivec to TT..

JPJ side.. JPJ said depends on your luck, if Puspakom want it, then u need and Puspakom dun want it then no need.. but most of the runner said no need..

Car under loan need to take a letter from Bank if dun JPJ will not entertain coz the car still belongs to bank..

Boost wise.. better dun increase to 1 bar.. if dun the crank sensor will kong easily..

Suspension.. better use adjustable that got SOFT / HARD adjustable for comfort ride.. now GAB got promotion at ENEOS just 2600 only full set not including labour..
Me still using Ori Spring with Monreo absorber, very nice ride...

Halfcut.. hehe.. brought it at 4k only coz Auto and sell back my Mivec 2k with a kong GB at reverse and 4th Gear burned so.. just 2 k onli..hehehe

Good Luck..

Make sure Gearbox lock properly....

Another thing.. who want twin pot caliper let me knoe.. me got extra...

Last edited:

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Danz thanks for your answers. good help bro.

bro kanan, if i were you..when turun enjin, directly install external wasteate n make downpipe also siap-siap..the sound pergh!!!!! boosting safely 1.0 bar only can hear the downpipe 1 miles away oo........
That's what I was thinking alang2 nak turun kan engine baik psg siap2 ngam2. Tapi tadi tanye turbosmart advisor, dia ckp mmg agak susah skit nak buh wasegate kat turbine belakang tu sebab sempit. Plan nak angkat 38mm nye wastegate 2 bijik. tapi klu kite psg wastegate tu mase turun engine tu mudah je kan?sebab fikir2 mileage agak byk dah confirm actuator tulang tu dah nak kaput kan. susah nti nak control boost leak sana ni. tapi pasal psg downpipe tu aku tak wat kot sebab divert balik masuk exhaust.aku suke senyap sunyi je hehehe.

Me currently changing mine perdana Mivec to TT..

JPJ side.. JPJ said depends on your luck, if Puspakom want it, then u need and Puspakom dun want it then no need.. but most of the runner said no need..

Car under loan need to take a letter from Bank if dun JPJ will not entertain coz the car still belongs to bank..

Boost wise.. better dun increase to 1 bar.. if dun the crank sensor will kong easily..

Suspension.. better use adjustable that got SOFT / HARD adjustable for comfort ride.. now GAB got promotion at ENEOS just 2600 only full set not including labour..
Me still using Ori Spring with Monreo absorber, very nice ride...

Halfcut.. hehe.. brought it at 4k only coz Auto and sell back my Mivec 2k with a kong GB at reverse and 4th Gear burned so.. just 2 k onli..hehehe

Good Luck..

Make sure Gearbox lock properly....

Another thing.. who want twin pot caliper let me knoe.. me got extra...
Gearbox my mech will lock it himself. Talked to him when sending the hafcut about overhauling. he said don't worry use first coz later if got problem we can still claim with the shop. He thinks that the engine is in good condition no issues at all. but other he will absolutely change the spark plugs,water pump belt etc..
bro I'm looking for TT or equivalent front disk brake. caliper i use original one. Anyone got disk brakes for sell? coz mine cannot use kot. can but cannot tahan.

Nov 14, 2007
PJ/Selangor
Hello to all..sorry bout dis sudden post..im still learning bout Perdana

Just wanna ask..kind of simple questions

Im using 6A12 Japan...manual gearbox,with 2.5 inch piping...ride just around 130km/h-140km/h.....from KL to JB.

1. What's the actual fuel consumption from KL to JB...is RM 60 enough??
2. When got sumthin' wrong with the throttle body...is it effect the fuel consumption?? i meab the RPM sometimes low when in free gear....still ok but not 'mati'.

Im thinkin'.....to service the throttle body

kanan

500 RPM
Nov 12, 2005
KL
Im having a bit problem getting a rent car for replacement while my car in the workshop. Seems like all rental car fully booked!

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:48 PM ----------

The transplant work takes 2 weeks to complete. adoi mati