brembo brake problem

Bugeye

Aug 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys,

just need u guys opinion on the problem of my brake. When i drive above 70kmh and step on to the brake, my steering shakes. ive just change the disc rotor and it do shakes again when i press on the brakes. y is it so? is it the piston jammed oledi?

have any1 come across this problem? solutions?

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
bugeye..few months back i faced the same problem..but i skimmed all my discs..after that the prob solved..not sure on urs..but if I'm U, I'll go and check/service my calipers first before change anything..at the same time when opening, u can inspect other parts as well..

boy...

Known Member
Sep 19, 2007
Hi guys,

just need u guys opinion on the problem of my brake. When i drive above 70kmh and step on to the brake, my steering shakes. ive just change the disc rotor and it do shakes again when i press on the brakes. y is it so? is it the piston jammed oledi?

have any1 come across this problem? solutions?
Bro, u change the new disc or 2nd hand?

Bugeye

Aug 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Bro, u change the new disc or 2nd hand?
ive changed brand new disc... steering still vibrate at above 70kmh when braking... btw, wer can i service tis brakes? any ali ah kau workshop can arr cause im still new/noob...

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

bugeye..few months back i faced the same problem..but i skimmed all my discs..after that the prob solved..not sure on urs..but if I'm U, I'll go and check/service my calipers first before change anything..at the same time when opening, u can inspect other parts as well..
any workshop to recommend to service it? preferbly @ klang valley...

edwin_lcw

1,000 RPM
Jul 13, 2005
Setapak
bran new also jerking ? confirm brand new ? what car ?
did u change the pads when u change the disc ? coz i come across when i change tothe new disc but use back the same pad also the same problem occurs
if still the same then try go claim the disc (usually they'll point other things spoilt) then at the same time check your car lower arm and etc .... mostly on the bushes or bent lower arm

chocolatesttarfish

500 RPM
May 13, 2007
PJ/BTU
ive changed brand new disc... steering still vibrate at above 70kmh when braking... btw, wer can i service tis brakes? any ali ah kau workshop can arr cause im still new/noob...

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

any workshop to recommend to service it? preferbly @ klang valley...
sorry bro..i did it in S'wak..but I bet u can find a good workshop at the Sunway college area..
i saw at JC's a pair of recond Brembo calipers & still functioned well..just to share..when I experienced this prob, I asked my mech to dismantle my calipers and cleaned all the internal parts..I sent the dics to the skimming workshop and I changed both my front pads from ori Brembo to Project U..so far no vibs after that..

it's hard to find Brembo parts even in Klang Valley..so if ur internal calipers hv probs, then u might want to check other brands to replace them..my advise to u is spend ur money wisely..dont straight away replace & buy new staff..check ur old part 1st..maybe u just hv to skimmed ur old disc or blow ur calipers with instrument air..it'll only cost u below RM100..who knows the prob might go away..after try all these, then only opt to buy new parts if still not working..

Bugeye

Aug 26, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
went to check with workshop and they said the culprit is the steering rack that made my steering vibrate when braking. nothing to do with the brakes. need to change the bushes and tighten the rack... hopefully tis works...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Sedan Driving Appeal of New Honda CR-V Well Received by Malaysian Motorists<br>Customer demand exceed full year sales target within first 4 months and still going strong<br><br>Petaling Jaya, 8 October 2007 – Customer demand within the first 4 months of launch for the new Honda CR-V has exceeded the full year target, and still going strong, attesting to the premium sedan driving appeal of the sports utility...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience