Car jerking and turbo problems [FD3S]

malimsiao

Known Member
May 5, 2008
Today i found up my car has some weird problems. This evening when i was sending my sis to her tuition class with my fd and i found up i couldnt rev my car above 2.5rpm, the car jerked and the sound of "bropp bropp broopp broop" came together when it hits 2.xx rpm on the 1st gear even on the 2nd gear. I didnt try to rev above 3rpm as it still continue jerking and i was terrified.So i drive really slow to her tuition center.

After dropping my sis, i quickly ran a check (just pop up the hood and checked all the hoses are still connected well, and yes none of them are loosen), so i suspect it is the fuel pump had reached its time and decided to change it on monday.

dramatically, other problems come after this:

I started the car again, its BACK! car were running smooth like normal.

When i reached my friend's shop, stopped the car and turn it on after 5mins, i realised the turbos are not working and the car runs like N.A.!! More accurately, it boost very very little (or maybe not), when i accelerate it and when i put my foot off the pedal, i can hear loud "sucking" noise from the exhaust. Again, i only tried on 1st and 2nd gear, highest rpm is 6.

ok after that i stopped beside the road again, turn it off for 45seconds and started it. MAN now the turbos is back to life again! WTF!

Then i drove to my friend's shop again, stopped the car again lepak again and started it again.. and yes.. those turbos is not working AGAIN!!#$$@%

so i parked my merajuk-ing princess in my house and scratch my head how to pujuk her back.. I've study muikit88's thread and i think we have some similar problems but my case is more "unique" (lol should i be proud for this) so i decided to open a new thread to seek help from u guys..

Help anyone..?

Thank you in advance

Edmund

renxun

1,000 RPM
Jul 4, 2006
im not sure you running on external wastegate or actuator. but one of this thing i suspect is stuck open. thats why you have the turbo on or off experience

woaychee

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
dude, check your spark plug and fuel filter for car jerking issue.

jinggo84

Known Member
Aug 2, 2006
yep...last time my direct cable got problem...then change the new one then comes to normal...1 of my silinder dont have fire n exhaust comes with weird sound...at high rpm ok but at idle sound weird....check fuel filter also...change to the new one...then...last time my car couldnt start at all...or pull out the fuel filter and knock with hammer, and u can see cloque come out...then try to put back...

RERider

Aug 7, 2004
Putrajaya
Like waoychee said, check your spark plugs they may have flooded with fuel.....when was the last time you change the spark plugs? Replace it every 10k km.

malimsiao

Known Member
May 5, 2008
i juz finished checking the spark plug and it seen fine. Tomorrow i will send to workshop to check the fuel pump and fuel filter, will change it if its necessary.

any advice for the turbos problem?

Lennon

1,000 RPM
Apr 11, 2005
Check is there any leakage on the piping first...... A lot of people suspect turbo problem without checking fundamental stuff....:smokin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my bro ask me the question. i still finding the answer.
anyone can comment? how reliable the engine is? how powerfull to engine is to bring the heavy 1200kg body? 1.9 downgrade to 1.6?
it is auto tranny~! help me plz~! :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience