PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
One of my brother stays in PKNS lost cost single storey house, but get the free RM10 water.....

Actually is free 20m3 of water to be correct........

Last edited:

g4i8y0t

1,000 RPM
Aug 5, 2010
Kedah
Just for info, excise duties for cars alone contribute to government income by around RM8 billion per year. Source: PKR launches ‘Turunkan Harga Kereta’ campaign

It would be very convincing to the people if they explain in detail on how they could get this done. They also must ensure greedy car distributors like Honda (M), Tan Chong and UMW don't take advantage on consumers when the policy is implemented, come up with a bill in the parliament (later) or something.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Ok la..

this is going to be a political debate.. in a non-political website :biggrin:

Lets get back to the topic.. "PR - To reduce prices of car if they win GE"

Lets discuss about pros & cons..

Pros :
1. everybody will afford to own a car..
2. national car will produce better quality cars or they'll close down
3. more luxury cars on d road
4. (kindly add..)

Cons :
1. everybody will drive the car in Malaysia's road & causes traffic jam.. a lot heavier jam than before..
2. no parking lot in KL.. even though now also have limited parking lots
3. double parking will be a daily problem
4. (kindly add..)

Last edited:

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I favour better intergrated public transport over cheaper cars although I love my cars. The rakyat has been 'giving' the gomen our money and look at how they have been spending it, sending a dentist to space, retrain graduates post graduation, indiscriminate military spendings, bailouts after bailouts and the list goes on.

Its time we decide what and how to spend our money for the country.

quicksilver7

Known Member
Sep 15, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Pros :
1. everybody will afford to own a car..
2. national car will produce better quality cars or they'll close down
3. more luxury cars on d road
4. better quality of life due to bigger spending power
5. old cars will be removed from the road due to people changing to newer cars
6. road safety improve, accident rate decrease
7. cronies in the car industry no longer get free money
8. liberalisation of the car industry
9. no more price distortion of cars
10. spare parts will be cheaper

Cons :
1. everybody will drive the car in Malaysia's road & causes traffic jam.. a lot heavier jam than before..
4. people will struggle to pay off their car loans, but it's one off
5. increase in pollution
6. secondhand car industry will struggle to recoup their investment

kcng

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2008
Selangor
kcng1983.blogspot.com
a car company is actually a business and a business means it makes as much money as possible regardless tax or no tax..
so if tax is removed, the car makers suddenly have extra xx % of profit margin that is supposed to be tax but now removed..

million dollar question:
will the car makers reduce car price accordingly (to the amount of tax %) or just marginally to make your pants wet?
hmmm.....

scenario:
just put yourself as a business owner.
suddenly u get extra profit margin. will you reduce your price according to the % or just marginally?
(come on dont cheat/bluff yourselves...)
:rofl:

P/S:
i am all for cheaper motoring too but sometimes we have to be realistic... it might be cheaper with the tax removed but do not expect that cheap of a price...

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
One of my brother stays in PKNS lost cost single storey house, but get the free RM10 water.....

Actually is free 20m3 of water to be correct........
VR2,
Its not only for low cost house dwellers,
Its for everyone..
The first 20m3 is free for ALL,
irrespective of what house you stay...

If we can have such a ....

RAKYAT DI UTAMAKAN GOMEN...

We can enjoy more than just free water....

Toll free highways,

Reduced electricity tariff,

Free higher education for all....

So you guys out there....

You know what is good for you....

So make a good choice....

In the next coming election....

Show them your PEOPLES POWER !!

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Bro., True, just that Apartment and Condo dwellers are not getting, because of the nature of their status.....:banghead:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Talking about apartments...it has become more and more unaffordable to many...prices damn high like no ppl control at all...and the materials used by developers? Cheap piece of shit most of the time. Trust me. I know

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Cons :
4. people will struggle to pay off their car loans, but it's one off
5. increase in pollution
6. secondhand car industry will struggle to recoup their investment
1. improve infrastructure and enforce relevant rules, e.g. enter KL city must be min. 2 pax (car pool) or else a toll will be levied. Just an example.

2. that is DBKL problem for approving so many buildings but not requiring developers to build parking. - then again, DBKL probably don't dare when they know who is behind the developer.

3. see 1 and 2

4. ???

5. Cars have improved a lot in terms of pollution, with more stringent Euro emissions requirements, 10 new cars is probably equivalent in terms of pollution to a junk Nissan 120Y. Get the old cars off the road.

6. that's their problem, all businesses comes with risk. why should the Rakyat be responsible for their loss.

anyway
Industry support for cheaper cars a vindication for Anwar, says PKR - Yahoo! News Malaysia

Malaysians are currently taxed at between 65 and 105 per cent in excise duties depending on the engine capacity of the car they buy, forming a lucrative stream of revenue for the government.

This means that if a consumer buys a car for RM100,000, as much as RM55,000 goes to the government as excise duty.

This is on top of the 10 per cent sales tax that they have to pay. Those who buy imported cars also have to pay for approved permits (APs) which are ironically given free to a select group of businessmen.
That why I say abolish AP overnight can be done. Because its FREE, government loses no income from it. Just that a "select group of businessmen" will lose their income.

Thenokiagallery

Aug 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
1. improve infrastructure and enforce relevant rules, e.g. enter KL city must be min. 2 pax (car pool) or else a toll will be levied. Just an example.

2. that is DBKL problem for approving so many buildings but not requiring developers to build parking. - then again, DBKL probably don't dare when they know who is behind the developer.

3. see 1 and 2

4. ???

5. Cars have improved a lot in terms of pollution, with more stringent Euro emissions requirements, 10 new cars is probably equivalent in terms of pollution to a junk Nissan 120Y. Get the old cars off the road.

6. that's their problem, all businesses comes with risk. why should the Rakyat be responsible for their loss.

anyway
Industry support for cheaper cars a vindication for Anwar, says PKR - Yahoo! News Malaysia

That why I say abolish AP overnight can be done. Because its FREE, government loses no income from it. Just that a "select group of businessmen" will lose their income.
First remember who owns Perodua? If AP is being abolish just imagine what will happen to perodua? Those people that earn from AP they will be very unhappy.

Vios will become the price of perodua MYVI. Do you think they will allow that to happen?

Why ppl choose MYVI/VIVA? not because its the best because its the only car affordable due to the high tax. So i rather give opposition a chance to proof to us.

Our standard of living keep getting higher and higher those poor getting poorer those rich are getting richer. Yea they make so many income but why everything is still getting more expensive, tolls are getting more expensive. Damn today a bloody MCD cost 9.50 for a bloody mc chicken? back then it was really 5.95.

Notice korean cars they already catch up its alot nicer than our expensive local cars.

Last edited: