Hello Guest! Log in or Sign up for a full experience & ad-free!

Evo 8 MR help

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

skyboy

500 RPM
Hi Sifus,

After few months , I'VE decided to get a evo 8 mr. Since its my first evo n driving a turbo ride just curious of certain things.

1. previous owner have install a Apexi RSM black. its that ok for a turbo ride?
2. This MR doesnt come with a Vortex generator.. he told me he didnt have it either. is this possible ?
3. just curios wat minimal modification i can do for this ride.

previous owner have done some modification , he have change TIAL wastegate, hks blow of valve , turbo timer, and autogauge meters. thats all the rest is standard.

just wondering wats the boost for this MR? I tried askin all this to him(previous owner) but sadly he doesnt know either..

pls help thanks

u can install boost controller and many other things.i got a MR too.
ori boost is 1.6bar

thanks jun.. beside than boost control , watelse mod u change.. do u use RSM for the speed cut?

i dont think third party device is good to remove speed limiter .
if u want ,do it properly by tweaking the ecu .

Jun, sold off your E6 for MR?
Sky,
no problem of using RSM on evo.hundreds of them install it, me too before changing my ECU.

congratulations on getting an Evo ... :rock:
you wont look back ...

1. RSM no harm
2. yes.. it is possible , some doesn't come with BBS rims too ...
3. This really depends on individual ... some go for better suspension for handling,
for power, air filter or panel filter, exhaust system, ECU reflash, some might get a boost controller too ...

just my 2 cents worth opinion for another fellow evo lover :driver:

cheers

Last edited:
Lanevo: yes cause Evo just too good...

Sky:maybe we can come out yumcha if u stay in kl or pj

hi guys, firstly thanks for ur help and advice...

Jun: ya bro we'll meet soon for yumcha :)

wats the best boost control for evo mr? any suggestion?
where's the best place to service or mod evo 8 mr? pls advise thanks

hi guys, firstly thanks for ur help and advice...

Jun: ya bro we'll meet soon for yumcha :)

wats the best boost control for evo mr? any suggestion?
where's the best place to service or mod evo 8 mr? pls advise thanks
Sorry if I sound a bit harsh but there's no such thing as best BC for MR depend what type you looking for.service a MR? All evo are same interm of service

There is diff accuracy in bc.some use solonoid sone use stepping motor.u check online u will know

aycy, if rm153K unreg. I think it's reasonable...

hi bro rm153 is good deal... coz banks value the car at rm130k which is not appropriate..
anyweis if its stock standard you can ask them some discounts hehehe anyweis which dealership ur gettin it from?

it was 04 cbu car at rm153k. i go to test the car already. condition was not nice. it was stock car. dash board are scratch , seat also not nice the condition. then the car when i drive i found out the undercarriage got alot of funny sound. then i found another e9 at penang.i think some of the member here know the car. it was runing on 2.3l tomei kit. asking for rm190k. any coment for the car?

it was 04 cbu car at rm153k. i go to test the car already. condition was not nice. it was stock car. dash board are scratch , seat also not nice the condition. then the car when i drive i found out the undercarriage got alot of funny sound. then i found another e9 at penang.i think some of the member here know the car. it was runing on 2.3l tomei kit. asking for rm190k. any coment for the car?

Hi guys, i've a 8mr as well but located in melbourne, studying there. how i wish cops here are as flexible as malaysia's lol

anyways, is the 9 you mean in silver colour with advan rs ? or i might be wrong

Hi guys, i've a 8mr as well but located in melbourne, studying there. how i wish cops here are as flexible as malaysia's lol

anyways, is the 9 you mean in silver colour with advan rs ? or i might be wrong

yeah. thats the car.
seems like it was a famous car.. lol. btw got any history about it? how u know bout the car?

An 04 stock car for RM15X k is just plain retarded. Especially based on what you had described.

As in the case of most rare items ( i.e Evos in good condition), the prices are c*ck high when the demand exceeds supply.That's just the way things are.

Many unscrupulous dealers/ sellers out there nowadays.

So, just keep searching bro, travel as far as possible and view as many as you can before you decide.

That's my advise, it worked for me.

that penang e9 is a gd buy, owner seldom drive it, use alot of high perfomace goodies, d car tune by japanese, owner paid him to come over penang...

Top Bottom