emanage tuning and installation

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
like this la bro..
injector harness have 4 wire with connect to ur current injector.. plus 1 ground wire of coz la..

sub-injector is additional injector additional injector IF u wanna to add to ur engine. which use another set set of wiring and injectors.

lets clarify this, injector harness and sub-injector harness is 2 diff things.
if u use injector harness u only use back ur current injector and can modify the injector opening.
if u use sub-injector harness then it can control 2 xtra injector which u can put usually before the TB.

wen u buy injector harness, is come wif support 6 injector and 2 sub injector. 1 package of injector harness is come wif instruction book n 10 or 11 wire oni. the wire need plug into main harness.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

i met some foremen they say can install additional injector on the intercooler piping that connects to throttle body which means slightly before the throttle body he drill/open a hole and put in the injector holder..

is this way functionable?

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:04 PM ----------

oh ok thanx for the clarify but is there any other place can be done beside the pipe?

that place is rite 1 lah. if u c evo 7 n above no ppl wan play like this ord. but in 90` era, this type of modification is common. especially vr4, evo 123.

the main purpose of add 2 sub injector is, u now current injector are standard or low cc. of course standard injector fuel output cannot support high boost fuel output requirement. thats y add 1 or 2 sub injector can add around 20-30% more fuel. like that u ll enjoy boosting without worry ur piston melt.

wen u buy injector harness, is come wif support 6 injector and 2 sub injector. 1 package of injector harness is come wif instruction book n 10 or 11 wire oni. the wire need plug into main harness.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

that place is rite 1 lah. if u c evo 7 n above no ppl wan play like this ord. but in 90` era, this type of modification is common. especially vr4, evo 123.

the main purpose of add 2 sub injector is, u now current injector are standard or low cc. of course standard injector fuel output cannot support high boost fuel output requirement. thats y add 1 or 2 sub injector can add around 20-30% more fuel. like that u ll enjoy boosting without worry ur piston melt.

something just came into my mind... By all means, most OBD2 ECU will try to overcome the emanage setting and goes back to original setting.

For those OBD 2, what if we don't connect it to the main injector wire and just control the sub injectors via tps n rpm... Don't know if It an help...

dude i understand the purpose of adding the injector. right now im running on 390cc GSR injector. if i upgrade mine to 510cc which is the evo injector will it be sufficient enough?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

something just came into my mind... By all means, most OBD2 ECU will try to overcome the emanage setting and goes back to original setting.

For those OBD 2, what if we don't connect it to the main injector wire and just control the sub injectors via tps n rpm... Don't know if It an help...

btw mind to enlighten me what is OBD2 ECU? Sorry for the noobness!

if u use GSR injector with ori GSR turbo sure ok! coz factory ord test. emange oni suit for 90` era car. car like fd2 or lancer GT or vios cannot use ord.

dude i understand the purpose of adding the injector. right now im running on 390cc GSR injector. if i upgrade mine to 510cc which is the evo injector will it be sufficient enough?

---------- Post added at 03:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

emanage can control 150% larger injector size than ur original injector, which if u change injector u need to input the injector factor compensation box.

emanage can control 150% larger injector size than ur original injector, which if u change injector u need to input the injector factor compensation box.

if i dont change to a bigger size injector and use back my 390cc injector can i push the injector to the max?

[/COLOR]

Haha... No noob in automotive... It's either u know it now or later...
510cc..? Good for ur set up all the way to 1.8 bars... So, how much u planning to boost..?

And OBD is On board diagnosis. The OBD 2 ECU will have the intelligent to learn about ur A/F and if piggyback(some, not all) installed, the ECU will tends to overwrite the auxillary mapping of the piggy. Example, Airtrek, EVO 789. So, owner will need to unplug the battery to reset the ECU once a while to reset it back to 0 where no overwriting by the ECU was done.

but still, it will suffer from the low end rich. Cause the same signal is going to be sent to the injectors. And per duty cycle, the fuel injection for 510cc and 390cc is definitely not same... And E-manage is only able to up/down 20% of the original ECU mapping.

Which is why, i opt for remapping my ECU in order to have full control of my injectors.

if i dont change to a bigger size injector and use back my 390cc injector can i push the injector to the max?

It's not recommended. cause if your injectors are running on 100% duty cycle, there are possibility that the injector can get over heated and stall the engine...

It happens to one of my friend with VTEC Turbo with stock injector... The car stall in every 25mins full boost. Then he reduce boost and currently injectors running 80% duty cycle and everything is fine.

And another risk is... What if the boost spikes for no reason... And ur injector is already running 100%. And, there is no allowance to increase fuel injection...

[/COLOR]

Haha... No noob in automotive... It's either u know it now or later...
510cc..? Good for ur set up all the way to 1.8 bars... So, how much u planning to boost..?

And OBD is On board diagnosis. The OBD 2 ECU will have the intelligent to learn about ur A/F and if piggyback(some, not all) installed, the ECU will tends to overwrite the auxillary mapping of the piggy. Example, Airtrek, EVO 789. So, owner will need to unplug the battery to reset the ECU once a while to reset it back to 0 where no overwriting by the ECU was done.

but still, it will suffer from the low end rich. Cause the same signal is going to be sent to the injectors. And per duty cycle, the fuel injection for 510cc and 390cc is definitely not same... And E-manage is only able to up/down 20% of the original ECU mapping.

Which is why, i opt for remapping my ECU in order to have full control of my injectors.

It's not recommended. cause if your injectors are running on 100% duty cycle, there are possibility that the injector can get over heated and stall the engine...

It happens to one of my friend with VTEC Turbo with stock injector... The car stall in every 25mins full boost. Then he reduce boost and currently injectors running 80% duty cycle and everything is fine.

And another risk is... What if the boost spikes for no reason... And ur injector is already running 100%. And, there is no allowance to increase fuel injection...

thanx man you are my savior!!!
so means that upgrading the injectors is the best way right?

less hassle... I think it's better to go for 450cc is you're boosting 1.5 bar like that. Don't need to go for 510cc. cause u'll suffer at the low end..

usually injector max out at 80% duty cycle, for emange u can monitor ur injector duty cycle in the monitoring mode, which u will know if the injector max out... if max out u can't adjust to raise the injector opening in the additional injector map adjustment...

less hassle... I think it's better to go for 450cc is you're boosting 1.5 bar like that. Don't need to go for 510cc. cause u'll suffer at the low end..

now im using 390cc which is the GSR injectors and im using TD05-18G was wondering is it sufficient enough to withstand 1 bar? coz right now my emanage tuning data is with the TD04 turbine and so with that old tuning data on my TD05-18G now I can boot until 0.6-0.7

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

usually injector max out at 80% duty cycle, for emange u can monitor ur injector duty cycle in the monitoring mode, which u will know if the injector max out... if max out u can't adjust to raise the injector opening in the additional injector map adjustment...

so means that 80% of the duty cycle is the best option for tuning? what about lower than 80%

now im using 390cc which is the GSR injectors and im using TD05-18G was wondering is it sufficient enough to withstand 1 bar? coz right now my emanage tuning data is with the TD04 turbine and so with that old tuning data on my TD05-18G now I can boot until 0.6-0.7

---------- Post added at 06:58 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

so means that 80% of the duty cycle is the best option for tuning? what about lower than 80%

Hmm... By all mean, 390cc injectors are sufficient for 1 bar on a 1.6. However, ur STD mapping if they r not rechipped to cope up for boosting, the it's ur ecu that's limiting the boosting. Cause, emanage is only able to up/down 20% of what ur STD ecu mapping is having.

So, most ppl go for gsr ecu when they want to high boost. Then tune from there. Of course, evo ecu is also an option. But make sure it's coupled with the maf to communicate better.

Wrong. 80% is not the best setting. It's the maximum adviseable duty cycle. Lower is definitely not a problem. Higher, there are consequences uay need to face.

Hmm... By all mean, 390cc injectors are sufficient for 1 bar on a 1.6. However, ur STD mapping if they r not rechipped to cope up for boosting, the it's ur ecu that's limiting the boosting. Cause, emanage is only able to up/down 20% of what ur STD ecu mapping is having.

So, most ppl go for gsr ecu when they want to high boost. Then tune from there. Of course, evo ecu is also an option. But make sure it's coupled with the maf to communicate better.

Wrong. 80% is not the best setting. It's the maximum adviseable duty cycle. Lower is definitely not a problem. Higher, there are consequences uay need to face.

thanx bro...right now im just a 1.5 BOT bro so means 390cc is good enough right?
coz there is few foremen told me is enough already just that if upgrade to 510cc is for future needed only LOL.

If get evo ECU is it plug and play? to 4G91?

thanx bro...right now im just a 1.5 BOT bro so means 390cc is good enough right?
coz there is few foremen told me is enough already just that if upgrade to 510cc is for future needed only LOL.

If get evo ECU is it plug and play? to 4G91?

Ok.. first of all, U must kno about A/F aka AFR aka Air Fuel Ratio in order to answer the question. When u decide an upgrade, First u must have to decide a targetted hp. Study and learn. Most importantly, know and understand the item. Best way is ASK/READ.

Ok, now back to your question. Assuming u've upgraded/change to TOYOTA 81mm SUPERCHARGER pistons, U should now be achieving 1597cc. Which is equivalent to 4G92. In terms on engine number, U're on 4G91. But in actual calculation, engine is similar to a 4G92.

Personal experience, 4G92 with TD04L boosting 1 bar. There are still much allowance to go more... But when U change turbo to a bigger CFM. Simply means, boosting at same 1 bar, U are driving more air into your manifold. In that case, fuel requirement for the same egine on TD04L and TD05 is very much different.

However, I'd expect the injectors will serve u well. However, if you are planning to futher up boost in future, It's always wiser to oversize a little. But 510cc for an NA ECU with emanage piggy will expect to be suffering of over rich at the low rpm. because 10% duty cycle for 510cc and a 390cc injectors are also very different, for example, just an example. 1V makes the injector open 10% of the duty cycle in 390cc. It'll still be opening 10% for 510cc. But 10% for 510cc is much higher than a 390cc.

Due to the ability of emanage to up/down 20% of a of the stock A/F mapping, the 20% of the 510cc could be out of range. And normally at low end, the pistons might achieve ultra rich cndition. And the idle could be a problem.

So, I think 450cc is more than enoughh. And nothing beats a standalone in controlling the injectors with full range.Then 510cc or even 700cc, a stanadalones have fully access to the injectors and remap it yourself. then it's not bounded by the 20% up and down. U write everything ursekf.

Thanx bro really appreaciate it bro now I'm fully understand

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Btw I got a friend who bought the topset from speed2horizon and right now he is facing some emanage problem also coz he was running BOT on 4G15 SVDO and is there anyhow emanage blue can fit it into the tuning? Coz we went JC racing and they told us it is not a problem to install emanage blue to it. Is this true? Facing alot of dilemma from what tuners said...Sigh

Thanx bro really appreaciate it bro now I'm fully understand

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

Btw I got a friend who bought the topset from speed2horizon and right now he is facing some emanage problem also coz he was running BOT on 4G15 SVDO and is there anyhow emanage blue can fit it into the tuning? Coz we went JC racing and they told us it is not a problem to install emanage blue to it. Is this true? Facing alot of dilemma from what tuners said...Sigh

Hehe... Separate the sentence pls.. later ppl think he buy topset from me and facing problem... Basically, e-manage is a piggyback and supposed to be universal...

Is ur friend using magma pistons? It's not because vdo can't instal e manage. It's the wiring and ecu that ppl are not familiar with... Nobody dares to guaranty the result... Btw, if ur friend is not planning to do anything to the ignition timing, I think emanage is ok..

speed2horizaon.ur knowledge bout piggyback and tuning is amazing...
just 2 ask u something...can recommend a standalone ecu.crrntly running on perdana v6tt..
low budget

Hehe... Separate the sentence pls.. later ppl think he buy topset from me and facing problem... Basically, e-manage is a piggyback and supposed to be universal...

Is ur friend using magma pistons? It's not because vdo can't instal e manage. It's the wiring and ecu that ppl are not familiar with... Nobody dares to guaranty the result... Btw, if ur friend is not planning to do anything to the ignition timing, I think emanage is ok..

sorry bro ur topset is superb FINE!!!

JC racing told us that BOT for SVDO the SVDO will automatically will retard the ignition timing so basically Emanage can be install without any problem. But I seek another 2 tuner which is from GT Auto & Milennium both of them also say cant make it for SVDO.

and my friend is using Magma piston bro with ur metal gasket if I not mistaken

sorry bro ur topset is superb FINE!!!

JC racing told us that BOT for SVDO the SVDO will automatically will retard the ignition timing so basically Emanage can be install without any problem. But I seek another 2 tuner which is from GT Auto & Milennium both of them also say cant make it for SVDO.

and my friend is using Magma piston bro with ur metal gasket if I not mistaken

Ur friend is only getting the topset. Cause my metal gasket is no longer in stock for 4g1x. Regarding the product(sorry, no name mention as it might create a big hu haa again) that u n ur friend visited, IMHO the product is highly overpriced for a SAFC 5 button similar product... For that price, I'll have no second though of getting a standalone. Haltec E6x is cheap nowadays... Platinum 500 also not too expensive...

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom