help??my car eat engine oil.....

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
im using 20v st ....donno y car eat engine oil when after drive 1500km+?i check there no leaking around engine n oso no white smoke or wat coming out from ekzos??i using enoes semi 10-40 oil?:confused:

blackend

Known Member
Aug 5, 2008
Johore,
lots of my fren using 20V just like that.."makan minyak"..
especially u use 10W/40 oil..maybe too many valve eat too many oil..hhe:burnout:
but i think u do servicing ur radiator first:smokin:

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
:itsme:alex... you have the exact same symptoms as i have.....
it basicly eats when you rev up ur engine quite high (possibility when vvt on)
at that point some or your valve seals are abit old/worn off so on high rev the oil will pass through the valve seals.

Actually there is some black/blue smoke at ur exshaust IF YOU HIGH REV
So go for a TOP OVERHAUL....:nurse:

ME? haven't overhauled mine... but i've been through many mechanics/foremen all said the same thing, but mahal for the hand work. so right now kumpul duit and meantime top up 1 lit every 2000KM~3000KM. still the engine would be fine...

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
:itsme:alex... you have the exact same symptoms as i have.....
it basicly eats when you rev up ur engine quite high (possibility when vvt on)
at that point some or your valve seals are abit old/worn off so on high rev the oil will pass through the valve seals.

Actually there is some black/blue smoke at ur exshaust IF YOU HIGH REV
So go for a TOP OVERHAUL....:nurse:

ME? haven't overhauled mine... but i've been through many mechanics/foremen all said the same thing, but mahal for the hand work. so right now kumpul duit and meantime top up 1 lit every 2000KM~3000KM. still the engine would be fine...
oic...so u hv ask how much cost 4 top overhaul?? i oso juz add oil n use like tat more than 7-8month liao....if use 20-50w oil will it better? wat oil u use??

Last edited:

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
try to user thicker viscosity engine oil...

engine is old already...
tolerance changed a lot...got small gap for engine oil to slip through...

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
try to user thicker viscosity engine oil...

engine is old already...
tolerance changed a lot...got small gap for engine oil to slip through...
wat grade engine oil suitable?...??W:confused:

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
oic...so u hv ask how much cost 4 top overhaul?? i oso juz add oil n use like tat more than 7-8month liao....if use 20-50w oil will it better? wat oil u use??
that day i've asked.... about ~RM2K (he bull lah.... part susah nak dapat all that BS)
then the foreman (using business method) why not full overhaul ~RM3K
then he said... "if u 1 to up 1.8 lit block, chop-chop ~RM4K"
but this is Jay Bee Price..... donno further north whats the price now.

I've tried varies of oils even 20W50, it'll still "makan" if high rev and even makan petrol too
now i stick with 10W40/15W40 (shell yellow bottle) cheap and easy to maintain....

alex_khoo

Known Member
Apr 17, 2006
that day i've asked.... about ~RM2K (he bull lah.... part susah nak dapat all that BS)
then the foreman (using business method) why not full overhaul ~RM3K
then he said... "if u 1 to up 1.8 lit block, chop-chop ~RM4K"
but this is Jay Bee Price..... donno further north whats the price now.

I've tried varies of oils even 20W50, it'll still "makan" if high rev and even makan petrol too
now i stick with 10W40/15W40 (shell yellow bottle) cheap and easy to maintain....
wah....2k for top overhaul is damn kaw!!!...........how long edi u drive v makan minyk condition?15w40 u buy how much?....haiz....dono wana to overhaul or juz continue add oil like tat! how much ur petrol goes? mine rm70(250+km)..

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
well...

some engine oil got this "characteristic" which they love to "evaporates"...mostly fully syhn engine oil...

20v is an old engine...high rev engine...the tolerance tent to loosen slightly faster then normal engine...unless your really2 know how to take care of your engine...

loosen tolerance, thus creating a small gap in between piston ring...so it will eat up the engine oil...but some say torn out shims also contribute to engine oil lost...but until now i don't know how to differentiate it unless you open up your engine head...

since i'm also facing the same problem...
what i did was...change to a thicker oil...higher viscosity...top up the engine oil fully...instead of half...like i always do...

hey...it works...i manage too slow down the engine oil evaporations...!

but then I've to accept that my engine is old already...I've beat up the engine very hard...that the engine i used to work...autosross...track day and so on...

i might have to prepare my self to overhauled the engine or swap it...rather then loosing money trying to troubleshoot and find out why causing it...

for the moment...just control your right leg...!!! :driver:

Cheers...
have a good day... :burnout:

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
im using 20v st ....donno y car eat engine oil when after drive 1500km+?i check there no leaking around engine n oso no white smoke or wat coming out from ekzos??i using enoes semi 10-40 oil?:confused:
I'm using 5W-40, 5W-50 (fully syn)& 10W-30 oil (semi syn) with no "oil eating" problem wor.:hmmmm:

Here's my scenario:

When I got my halfcut, the mileage on it was 55+k kms but the top gasket was leaking. So while transplanting the engine, I bought a top set gasket kit (cost me about RM 500 for the original Toyota) which consists of valve seals, top gasket, oil seals ....blah, blah..Got all those stuff in the kit changed before I took my car from the workshop.

So I suspect the culprit is your valve seals, that's all. Unless your engine has already clocked quite high mileage, than probably it's time you change your piston rings; they're probably worn, like what sifu chinozie said.

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
wah....2k for top overhaul is damn kaw!!!...........how long edi u drive v makan minyk condition?15w40 u buy how much?....haiz....dono wana to overhaul or juz continue add oil like tat! how much ur petrol goes? mine rm70(250+km)..
i'm using BT 6speed, RM50 for ~ 160KM (new price 2.45) damn kaw......
Like sifu Chinozie once said "just control your right leg...!!!"
this is the secret of the "Right Leg Kungfu"
Me... when feel stress i just tekan only...... :biggrin:

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
I'm using 5W-40, 5W-50 (fully syn)& 10W-30 oil (semi syn) with no "oil eating" problem wor.:hmmmm:

Here's my scenario:

When I got my halfcut, the mileage on it was 55+k kms but the top gasket was leaking. So while transplanting the engine, I bought a top set gasket kit (cost me about RM 500 for the original Toyota) which consists of valve seals, top gasket, oil seals ....blah, blah..Got all those stuff in the kit changed before I took my car from the workshop.

So I suspect the culprit is your valve seals, that's all. Unless your engine has already clocked quite high mileage, than probably it's time you change your piston rings; they're probably worn, like what sifu chinozie said.
Bro, SVT???
my mileage is about ~150K now
RM500 +workmanship???
Coz in Jay Bee... most of the foreman never opened 20V b4, then they charge 99 (RM2K)!
when i said too expensive.... then they BS "sure got balance la...."

mfauzi_s

Jun 1, 2006
i think if u drive up to 160km & above, maybe ur engine like to eat engine oil. not for blacktop only. Try to drive below 130 and check ur engine oil.

2 Old 2 Rusty

1,500 RPM
Nov 18, 2006
Bro, SVT???
my mileage is about ~150K now
RM500 +workmanship???
Coz in Jay Bee... most of the foreman never opened 20V b4, then they charge 99 (RM2K)!
when i said too expensive.... then they BS "sure got balance la...."
Mine's a BT, not SVT.
RM 500+ is not including workmanship; just the top set gasket kit. I heard my friend bought Taiwan made ones for only RM 300+, not very sure what's the details coz when I bought mine, the spare parts shop also quoted me 2 prices for it. One is RM 500+ & the other RM 300+.

Workmanship can't remember la, coz I didn't keep the receipts.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

planning to install clifford 2 way alarm system for my car. anybody knows the price and shop which knows how to install the alarm system?

what is the max distance for the 2 way to respond? I worry that the alarm have approx 200 to 300m only.

does the alarm comes with immo?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience