• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Hi Guys,

TS-W5102SPL

I have few question here.. :

- Where do this kind sub above available in M'sia..?

- Any user experienced with this kind..?

- How about the sound produce VS to normal subs sell in market..?

- Suitable amp for this sub..?

- Or any other brand this kind...?

Thanks guys. :tee:

Last edited:

clanzkiller

1,000 RPM
Oct 31, 2006
WTF...nice heading muahahahah..!
wei pls change your chicken...it make me laff everytime i saw it..

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
what do u mean by "this kind of sub"..??

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Iz

That subs is a good SPL sub. Someone did 180.5Db (I forgot the name) with these sub and did a world record few years ago.

I have not seen or heard any shop selling this sub or anyone used it. If you are looking for a daily boomer then dont bother buying this sub as its build for SPL not music.

cybtech

That is the most overly hyped sub in the world. 22 inch cone and 6 inch VC and 6000w rms cant even touch 150Db. A single 18 Fi BTL and JBL Crown amp did 170 Db. Those idiots at Pimp my ride really misinformed the world by claiming these sub are a beast well in real life its just a small puppy against those big hitters like thos memphis mojo, Fi BTL, RE MT, DD 9900G (which Allan Dante set 181.5 Db with one 18), DC Level 5 Sub, Cactus sound sub and those T3 audio TSNS sub. The loudest bassracing van used those T3 TSNS sub and also set the world record. Seen any Jackhammer set any record??

cybtech

Known Member
Feb 20, 2008
Iz
That subs is a good SPL sub. Someone did 180.5Db (I forgot the name) with these sub and did a world record few years ago.

I have not seen or heard any shop selling this sub or anyone used it. If you are looking for a daily boomer then dont bother buying this sub as its build for SPL not music.

cybtech

That is the most overly hyped sub in the world. 22 inch cone and 6 inch VC and 6000w rms cant even touch 150Db. A single 18 Fi BTL and JBL Crown amp did 170 Db. Those idiots at Pimp my ride really misinformed the world by claiming these sub are a beast well in real life its just a small puppy against those big hitters like thos memphis mojo, Fi BTL, RE MT, DD 9900G (which Allan Dante set 181.5 Db with one 18), DC Level 5 Sub, Cactus sound sub and those T3 audio TSNS sub. The loudest bassracing van used those T3 TSNS sub and also set the world record. Seen any Jackhammer set any record??
Nice info. you've got there.
Cos any sub that sells they didn't(sometimes seldom) put their peak output power (in "db") at their spec sheet. usualy the output "db" is usually defined by the amp that "kicks" the sub.

Sub Performance test (in factory) usually done by using the same amp but using different sub. This they can judge the sub peak performance and get to pin out any power loss on each sub they test.

So in other words, the competition between cars by cars and the number of speakers, there are quite many variables, it could be the combination of amps, speakers/subs and the power supplys that able to kick above 150db.

Not nessasary good Sub with normal amp can work, you need powerfull amp and good power supply to support the Sub's requirement.
eg. TS-W5102SPL
you need an amp that could power up from 2500W~6000W RMS to get it's peak performance.

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
sub's peak power is in watts, not db.
the db u see in the specs is sensitivity, not how loud it will go.
spl result is a whole diff story, a combination of cone area, amp power, sub box & port tuning as well as music/tone played.

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
I believe you are misinformed my friend.

Cos any sub that sells they didn't(sometimes seldom) put their peak output power (in "db") at their spec sheet. usualy the output "db" is usually defined by the amp that "kicks" the sub.
What peak power means is a sudden burst within seconds. RC has explained this. Imagine you light a candle and your finger just past through the flame, you will feel minimal heat plus your finger is still ok compared to putting your finger on the flame for 30 seconds which will burn. The same apply to VC of the sub. High power results in massive heats which feed in continuous will result in burned VC. Those Db in the sub specs are measured in room conditions (space and temperature) which means nothing when put in an enclosure.

So in other words, the competition between cars by cars and the number of speakers, there are quite many variables, it could be the combination of amps, speakers/subs and the power supplys that able to kick above 150db.
Yes I agree. There are lots of variables in car environment. Number of speakers equals to cone area but more does not meant better or louder. Remember SPL is about pressuring air inside cabin. You have to get the right formula on cabin space and cone area. Same goes to power, more power equal to more heat and you need ventilation to dissipate heat. The Jackhammer has a weak motor end of story. Strong motor will yield higher force (BL) to push the cone. The Jackhammer were in a car show in the US with the MTX demo van which was fed enough power. Need to say more?

Not nessasary good Sub with normal amp can work, you need powerfull amp and good power supply to support the Sub's requirement.
eg. TS-W5102SPL
you need an amp that could power up from 2500W~6000W RMS to get it's peak performance.
Not really. It doesnt mean that the sub is rated at 2500w rms and it has to be fed with 2500w rms. I can give it half of the power to reach its potential i.e xmax. All I need to do is to increase its efficiency i.e big ported box

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site

Thanks for the info bro... :tee:

Look abit different from pic above if not mistaken..

And what suitable amp + amp needed to kick this bucket..?

Thanks guys.
There are tons of amp than can put 2500w rms easily. Price range from RM2,000 - RM20,000.

So whats your budget

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
There are tons of amp than can put 2500w rms easily. Price range from RM2,000 - RM20,000.

So whats your budget

Around 1-2K

How about Monoblock..?

1 unit enough for kick sub above..?

Thanks bro's.
:tee:

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
Thanks for the info bro..

Currently my setup :

ALPINE 9846 + 4'' kenwood (dashboard) + 6.5'' Kenwood (door) + OEM (rear).

I have 4/3/2 Alpine + 2/1 Alpine (not install yet)

So what still missing or what do i have to get to improve my sound bro's...? :hmmmm:

Thanks for the previous info..

iz282

4,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
So bro's...

What the next step..? Thanks

Zenn

2,000 RPM
Jul 12, 2005
KL
join some TTs, listen to a few cars, then u know what are the shortcomings from your car, then only know which items to upgrade first...

appleyard

500 RPM
Dec 20, 2004
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
Thanks for the info bro..

Currently my setup :

ALPINE 9846 + 4'' kenwood (dashboard) + 6.5'' Kenwood (door) + OEM (rear).

I have 4/3/2 Alpine + 2/1 Alpine (not install yet)

So what still missing or what do i have to get to improve my sound bro's...? :hmmmm:

Thanks for the previous info..
Cant comment on that. It is totally up to each preferences. Do some research on what route you want to go.

cheers

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Greetings folks :wavey:

Many automotive users like us would always find a way to improve our ride in the sense of performance, aesthetics, fuel consumption, ah-beng-ness, etc etc. The car makers will not give us everything unless we give them our everything. Therefore we can find many after market parts out there, anywhere. :driver:

While some would spend thousands to churn what's from their car engine, others would only want to spend perhaps a few hundred bucks or less than that in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience