BMW SR20DET\Convert JAP FORUM HERE!!

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

gizmoz82

Known Member
Jan 13, 2006
rileksla bro...nanti siap jimmi will give u diskaun....
aik sapa ni?kenal ke.:hmmmm2: ...hehehe.........its ok bcoz i trust jimmy........he good on transplant engine.....satisified with his jobs....:top:

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
if sr20det in e30 with 350hp still can handle nicely??
Sure can..!!! But you'll need lsd differential to control this such of power and you also need to upgrade your suspension aswell..!!!

POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT PROPER CONTROL..!!!
:regular_smile:

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
hi dude
i am new in this forum ,and now in malaysia ,i wana felicite you for the good job you done ,but bro dont you think that keeping the bavarian blood is better i got over 450bhp with E21

cheers hope to meet one day
andre:_:
Welcome to this forum mate..!!! :regular_smile:

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
hi folks
i'm the nkotb in this thread
got my interest to buy e21 and convert jap engine

can get insurance approval for this one, some more can jpj approve after all the mounting modifications?

so how man, need the e21 body so much (got lot of style) and yet want different engine to smooth up a bit (e.g rb20 cefiro).

Please advise.
Welcome to our thread mopreme..!!!

This is a completely non recommended mod..!!! Couple of reasons...

RB20 engine too big for e21 bay.
If you plan to maintain balance then you will have to cut the firewall and have cylinders 5 and 6 sitting inside the dashboard. If you plan to not cut the cars firewall and have the engine sitting in the bay there will be no handling as balance all lost because no more 50/ 50 configuration, plus radiator fan will be an issue as clutch fan for rb20 cannot use and circuit fan no place to install. Plus BMW brake master pump too wide to use.

Condition of car.
It is simply to risky to put such power into a chassis that 30 years down the line cannot surely take it. Even 30 years ago when the car was new there was no such engine mods to push horsepower to such levels.

JPJ approval.
Not sure. (maybe CDautoparts can help you about this thing..!!!)

My 5 cents worth...
Just install ca18 turbo from 180sx into the e21 for your peace of mind..!!!

Hope this helps..!!!

Last edited:

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
Hi ACS3sport.
Thanks for the tips.
Much appreciated.

What about nissan SR's?

Last edited:

chris_eunos

Known Member
Aug 2, 2005
Perak
bro mopreme, ur m20 is 2.0 or 2.5? Manual or auto?

There is no such thing such as too much power XD

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
Hi ACS3sport.
Thanks for the tips.
Much appreciated.

What about nissan SR's?

The old m20 is 6 cylinder, thats why i'm interested with RB.

P/S: I prefer NA (afraid of too much power hi2)
No sweat bro..!!! For me Sr won't be an issue...

Bro mopreme, are you talking about e21 or e30...? Where got e21 with m20 engine, e21 only using m10 for 4 potter (316, 318, 320 model) and m60 for 6 potter (320,323 model)..!!! Only e30 using m20 motor (if for 3 series model)..!!!

M60B23 or M20B25 would be the best if you go for N/A ..!!! Or you can just maintain the e21 with stock engine ler if you afraid of too much power..!!! Haiyaa....

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
the e21 man, the 1st 3 series model.
before 1977, yes bmw used m10,
after 1977 onwards, they used m20 in e21 then e30.

thanks again man for the valuable tips.

Last edited:

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
chris eunos bro, it's 320/6 m20 carb auto,
and power i'm refering to is from the nissan turbo engine la

Last edited:

fardell83

Known Member
Nov 8, 2005
The parts for the BMW is not that difficult lar to find....for E21 u can always plunk in M20B25 (derived from E30 3 series, E28 5 series and E34 5 series [pre-VANOS model])......easier to maintain and lots of spare parts available lar......dun take the risk bro......just my 2 cents opinion

jo-e34

Known Member
Apr 18, 2005
seremban
to have a japs engine is the best bang for buck but u'll lose your origin :regular_smile:

to plonk a m50 would retain the origin but u wont get so much money to power ratio.......:regular_smile:

it all depends on what u,urself wants........and which route u want to choose......both ways can give u hp increase its just the time and money spent on it,which will give u a better result and satisfaction in the end of your journey......:regular_smile:

its very difficult to make decision,the more u ask around the more idea u'll have which will make it even tougher for you to decide........:regular_smile:

Last edited:

drag_addict

Known Member
May 5, 2006
hey guys..
im a newbee in this thread..can see there's a lot of people who would discourage Japs transplant n people that juz wants more power on tap when budget concerns..im one of 'em of coz..i chucked in R33 RB25DET auto into my E36 yr '94 couple of years ago but there's this prob that juz spoils me from having fun with it : the engine would go off whenever i sudden release the throttle..i went to lots of place to find the solution but turned out negative..changed my BOV twice from piston type Blitz to SSQV n now removed it,sent my ECU for diagnosed,n few more crap but still prob persist..done some minor mods to the car:-sprayed black front mount Evo6 intercooler for under cover purpose(it kinda works during JPJ roadblocks so far),custom intake pipings,Blitz oil cooler,custom made radiator n the 4 pot caliper with the word 'nissan' brushed off n etc..does anyone out there encountered this kind of prob before?..i know some might say i should've get the manual halfcut but i juz want something thats easy to drive around in the city wif some extra power on tap..would really appreciate any useful info..

p/s:anyone interested custom made GTR size aluminium radiator for RM1.5k or your best offer?..cannot fit my engine bay lah..hehe..pm me..

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
the e21 man, the 1st 3 series model.
before 1977, yes bmw used m10,
after 1977 onwards, they used m20 in e21 then e30.

hard to get spare parts la bro for the old engine, some more if i broke down some where, nissan spares will be easier to get one and cheaper to lol.

i'm thinking to get the sr20de instead.

thanks again man for the valuable tips.
Owh, e21 kaa..!!! :Not_Impressed:

The engine started of as m60 then was renamed m20..!!! So most m20 parts will swap over, it even has the mounts on the front of the block for the motronic pick up..!!!

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
Owh, e21 kaa..!!!

The engine started of as m60 then was renamed m20..!!! So most m20 parts will swap over, it even has the mounts on the front of the block for the motronic pick up..!!!
this one

Last edited:

D16power

Known Member
May 27, 2005
KL
hmm...if do the conversion of japanese heart into beemer, the rear axle need/no need to change? if remain the bmw rear axle it might need welding rite? how would b the durability n performance??

mopreme

Known Member
Jan 9, 2007
hmm...if do the conversion of japanese heart into beemer, the rear axle need/no need to change? if remain the bmw rear axle it might need welding rite? how would b the durability n performance??
don't know la bro

Last edited:

panna

May 4, 2006
Hi all,

I m a newbie in this thread. I had a converted e30 with SR20 manual from S14 (Silver top w VCT). Had decided to stop the project coz found out too much rust and beyond repair (too costly). Now would like to sell of my engine with the long shaft for $1.5k. Interested call me at 019-2311199.

ACS3sport

Apr 23, 2006
Hi all,

I m a newbie in this thread. I had a converted e30 with SR20 manual from S14 (Silver top w VCT). Had decided to stop the project coz found out too much rust and beyond repair (too costly). Now would like to sell of my engine with the long shaft for $1.5k. Interested call me at 019-2311199.
Bro, is it SR20de or SR20det...? :Not_Impressed:

CDautoparts

Known Member
Oct 12, 2005
Hello guys... its been a long time i never come online. Progress with my car... stiill waiting for my car's turn to do the brakes, as well as finalize all the wiring complications....after that i will do some minor body welding and purchase a new bumper... viola... i will spray the car solid 2 k white!!!!