It's time to let it go......

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Wira got many batches got this problem, that is why it is well known problem. Some even cut the top and import in as replacement
My roof was struck with this similar problem. It has been a year since the fix and currently no rust bubbles on roof. Just that there are crack marks in one area of the roof which I think could be due to the poor paint job....

Only after they increase 4K price... :)
RM4k increment across all variants? But this could also due to our drop in RM value. The time during HRV's launch last year, RM value is not that bad yet.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
RM4k increment across all variants? But this could also due to our drop in RM value. The time during HRV's launch last year, RM value is not that bad yet.
Yes the increase after ringgit fell. However they compensate back with bigger rims which is not too bad. The tires are Yokohama, a bit noisy for my preference.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes the increase after ringgit fell. However they compensate back with bigger rims which is not too bad. The tires are Yokohama, a bit noisy for my preference.
What model of Yokohama? SUV type? Lucky the tyre size is common size so next change can choose passenger car tyre which should be more comfy and quiet

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
What model of Yokohama? SUV type? Lucky the tyre size is common size so next change can choose passenger car tyre which should be more comfy and quiet
If I am not mistaken, it is 215/55/17 on Yokohama BluEarth E70.

The HRV on my home is using 215/60/16 on Bridgestone Turanza ER370.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
My roof was struck with this similar problem. It has been a year since the fix and currently no rust bubbles on roof. Just that there are crack marks in one area of the roof which I think could be due to the poor paint job....
Earlier Wira/satria/putra (before 2000) famous for its rust especially roof n front hood..this is due to the silicone they aka smart ppl at proton using 'water based' silicone (smart eh??)...repair is possible (I stress possible) tho x guarantees it x pop up again..last longer?possible...eliminate totally?nope (bullshit if paint shop say can)...I did my Wira 4x before I did it 'rite'...it lasted about 5yrs before it started to bubble again slowly tho x as bad..only remedy is replacing d roof..even that make sure u get it rust treated etc before installing..

As for d cracking I got a feeling it's d putty aka cement..when rust starts to pop up only way to go is UP hence 'pushing' d putty n paint..this result in d cracking

Last edited:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Earlier Wira/satria/putra (before 2000) famous for its rust especially roof n front hood..this is due to the silicone they aka smart ppl at proton using 'water based' silicone (smart eh??)...repair is possible (I stress possible) tho x guarantees it x pop up again..last longer?possible...eliminate totally?nope (bullshit if paint shop say can)...I did my Wira 4x before I did it 'rite'...it lasted about 5yrs before it started to bubble again slowly tho x as bad..only remedy is replacing d roof..even that make sure u get it rust treated etc before installing..

As for d cracking I got a feeling it's d putty aka cement..when rust starts to pop up only way to go is UP hence 'pushing' d putty n paint..this result in d cracking
Looks like you have dampen my hopes of me keeping my Wira for another 10 years or more. Thought want to keep it until it reaches an old age like old school 1970s cars today. Sigh.... :banghead:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Looks like you have dampen my hopes of me keeping my Wira for another 10 years or more. Thought want to keep it until it reaches an old age like old school 1970s cars today. Sigh.... :banghead:
Haha sorry about that...but u shldnt be demotivated...just replace d roof (or d front/rear hoods) n ur all good:smokin:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Well bro if u do it rite d 1st time it'll last technically 'forever'...but 10yrs sounds good...
Well, nothing is forever isn't it. At least not as often as every year or two, then it is not so bad. Preferably a duration of longer than 5 years.

For now, I replaced my hood with a new one after the old one was struck badly with rust. Roof was fixed but a crack mark appears. Rear bonnet currently have some rust bubbles. Probably will fix it or change to a new one. Also, both front doors have small rust bubbles as well. :banghead:

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Yup, putty too thick, no rust sometimes also crack up......lol:rofl:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Yup, putty too thick, no rust sometimes also crack up......lol:rofl:
What can I say. Just some under tree (bengkel bawah pokok) paint shop. I know the paintjob sort of suck when the roof paint looks weird despite using metallic paint. From far, the surface doesn't reflect nicely, it has that sort of dull feeling. :banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I've seen on the road an aftermarket suspension for AE111 and AE101. I am talking about the lower control arms anybody here knows what brand is it?

Thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience