Buy a used car

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
All autos have some form of cooler or rather la. Protons all use one single thin ass copper tubing as a cooler. People bypass that and use their full-on coolers which makes more sense. The Sylphy on the other hand is unique, damn ATF line is linked to the radiator water line which makes is quite hard to bypass.

You serious? Come I show you how to over heat a gearbox. No need overly aggressive driving, just downhill Genting is enough already. I've overheated my ex-auto dozens of times. Only managed to resolve it with a cooler + DOT5.1.

Apa sifu sifu business?

A full complete flush in the Persona / Wiras case is about 4L (x2 if you want to flush it). If you're just dropping-and-topping the oil, it's about 2L only. Yes, if you drop the oil, about 2L stays in the torque convertor. So best to flush la and always change the ATF filter.
This ATF cooler thing is it same like what some of those old school car fellows mod on outside their front bumper? They put some sort of cooler externally with two wires attached. I think that is an oil cooler?

Genting, I've only been there twice. The last time I go was like during 2004 or 2003.

The clutches will wear, the atf will get dirty, that is why needs to change the atf....:driver:

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Ha! Ha! Dot 5.1 means your brakes boiled up too?.....:biggrin:

Tiggo ATF, drop and top still need 3.5L

Even though clutches will wear, we still can hear most people say things like maintenance for manual transmission is cheaper than auto. Any reason behind this?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
This ATF cooler thing is it same like what some of those old school car fellows mod on outside their front bumper? They put some sort of cooler externally with two wires attached. I think that is an oil cooler?

Genting, I've only been there twice. The last time I go was like during 2004 or 2003.
"Wires"? You mean "Hoses"? :confused: And usually that's braided hoses which people use for EO coolers most of the time. I doubt any of those type of cars are autos. And yes, ATF cooler is same concept as that except I didn't put it outside, just infront of the radiator and behind the bumper. I wrote something about it sometime ago on how to install one.

Even though clutches will wear, we still can hear most people say things like maintenance for manual transmission is cheaper than auto. Any reason behind this?
Manual tranny oil is cheaper and manual trannies are a closed system with no pumps pumping the oil around. Drain and refill max 2L for most cars. Longer OCI too. But changing the clutch itself is time consuming and can be expensive. But that's even longer CI than the oil. So yeah. lower maintenance.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
"Wires"? You mean "Hoses"? :confused: And usually that's braided hoses which people use for EO coolers most of the time. I doubt any of those type of cars are autos. And yes, ATF cooler is same concept as that except I didn't put it outside, just infront of the radiator and behind the bumper. I wrote something about it sometime ago on how to install one.

Manual tranny oil is cheaper and manual trannies are a closed system with no pumps pumping the oil around. Drain and refill max 2L for most cars. Longer OCI too. But changing the clutch itself is time consuming and can be expensive. But that's even longer CI than the oil. So yeah. lower maintenance.
Sorry, the word hoses din't come across my mind at that time. Not sure whether those oil coolers really make any difference or not. I suppose most normal cars don't have it?

OCI is? True about the clutch. Need to lift out the whole engine only can change, am I right?

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

Exactly, Manual also nothing much else to wear except the gears and bearings where auto the clutches are inside. Manual clutches on the outside of the GB gears and last much longer

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Sorry, the word hoses din't come across my mind at that time. Not sure whether those oil coolers really make any difference or not. I suppose most normal cars don't have it?

OCI is? True about the clutch. Need to lift out the whole engine only can change, am I right?
If manual then is EO coolers. If turbo then yes, sure makes a difference. NA on daily use then no need.

OCI is oil change interval. To change clutch depends on the car make. Usually just drop the GB out can change already....:driver:

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
Exactly, Manual also nothing much else to wear except the gears and bearings where auto the clutches are inside. Manual clutches on the outside of the GB gears and last much longer

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

If manual then is EO coolers. If turbo then yes, sure makes a difference. NA on daily use then no need.

OCI is oil change interval. To change clutch depends on the car make. Usually just drop the GB out can change already....:driver:
I think is because that turbocharged engines heat up fast which is why the oil cooler is important to cool down the oil so that the oil can help to dispense the heat?

My grandfather told me not to depress the clutch all the time when the car is idling. He says that will wear out the clutch. True? So far, only the Saga Iswara had done clutch change for the cars at my house. That was also because when I was driving, suddenly I can feel the clutch slipping. Like I was going at 60kmh at 2500rpm at 4th gear but when I press on the throttle further, the rpm just goes up faster than usual while kmh remains the same. Kinda like being in neutral gear. After that, my grandfather go change the clutch already.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

OCI = oil change interval.

If you understand the fundamentals of engine oil, it'll be easier to understand why people use oil coolers.

Have a read : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/features/384644-simplified-guide-to-engine-oils.html

Basically if your engine gets really hot very often, it'll wear out the oil much faster and worn out oil tends to be acidic (varnish). Good oils don't shear that easily and usually have cleaners and the likes that clean out the varnish and sludge to keep your engine clean.

Anyway, so if you have a cooler the engine oil stays cooler longer, therefore you can rev the crap out of the engine without worrying about overheating. But having a cooler also means it takes the engine much longer to reach optimum temperature (which is what the thermostat is for) which isn't a good thing either since wear and tear is higher. So if you have a cooler, make sure you have the right weight oil. Don't go and use a 20W50 with the cooler because you're gonna have massive amounts of wear when cold. Perhaps 0w or 5w would be more suitable.

My grandfather told me not to depress the clutch all the time when the car is idling. He says that will wear out the clutch. True? So far, only the Saga Iswara had done clutch change for the cars at my house. That was also because when I was driving, suddenly I can feel the clutch slipping. Like I was going at 60kmh at 2500rpm at 4th gear but when I press on the throttle further, the rpm just goes up faster than usual while kmh remains the same. Kinda like being in neutral gear. After that, my grandfather go change the clutch already.
Actually, it's the other way around. When you press the clutch pedal you disengage the clutch. When you let go that's when the clutch engages. Pressing the clutch pedal and holding it basically wears out the clutch pump or the clutch cable.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Basically if your engine gets really hot very often, it'll wear out the oil much faster and worn out oil tends to be acidic (varnish). Good oils don't shear that easily and usually have cleaners and the likes that clean out the varnish and sludge to keep your engine clean.

Anyway, so if you have a cooler the engine oil stays cooler longer, therefore you can rev the crap out of the engine without worrying about overheating. But having a cooler also means it takes the engine much longer to reach optimum temperature (which is what the thermostat is for) which isn't a good thing either since wear and tear is higher. So if you have a cooler, make sure you have the right weight oil. Don't go and use a 20W50 with the cooler because you're gonna have massive amounts of wear when cold. Perhaps 0w or 5w would be more suitable.

Actually, it's the other way around. When you press the clutch pedal you disengage the clutch. When you let go that's when the clutch engages. Pressing the clutch pedal and holding it basically wears out the clutch pump or the clutch cable.
Reaching operating temperature for the engine may be different from the oil temperature, right? Of course NA maybe not much difference, probably no point to add oil cooler also if not doing track days....:biggrin:

Wears the clutch release bearing too.

Renesis, stepping on the clutch slightly wear the clutch even more so make sure when in motion the clutch pedal is fully released...:driver:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I can buy a Supra RM100K and use another RM100K to mod. Then left 600K can buy lots of cars :rofl:
RX-7 RM70K-80K
Subaru WRX STi S206. RM300K IINM :rofl:
But you won't get the same BANG for your BUCK.

If you drive an R8, regardless V8 or V10, chicks who ride in your car won't even wear underwear.
If you drive those Japanese cars, like a Subaru, you'd be lucky if the girl gets in your car, good luck trying to get their knickers off.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But you won't get the same BANG for your BUCK.

If you drive an R8, regardless V8 or V10, chicks who ride in your car won't even wear underwear.
If you drive those Japanese cars, like a Subaru, you'd be lucky if the girl gets in your car, good luck trying to get their knickers off.
AH!!! That's where the value of the car comes in. Now i know why some rather get cars like R8 and not getting 3 other performance cars for the same price. Now it make sense :rofl:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
A lot of dreams here. MAKE IT TRUE PEOPLE!
You got to sell it la, tell the girl you're picking her up in your R8 with V8 engine. Tell her cannot wear panties because the way the V8 engine works, the combustion cycle will send pulses into the cabin and if she is wearing underwear, the fabric will rub against her labia and it is not healthy.

That's why can see so many female American celebrities don't wear underwear cause they all sit V8 range rovers, V8 mercedes, V8 rolls royce etc. It is a requirement when you are rich and buy expensive car.

Plus no need worry hot or cold, because it comes with a heated/ventilated seat.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You got to sell it la, tell the girl you're picking her up in your R8 with V8 engine. Tell her cannot wear panties because the way the V8 engine works, the combustion cycle will send pulses into the cabin and if she is wearing underwear, the fabric will rub against her labia and it is not healthy.

That's why can see so many female American celebrities don't wear underwear cause they all sit V8 range rovers, V8 mercedes, V8 rolls royce etc. It is a requirement when you are rich and buy expensive car.

I guess in a month's time, the seat is full of human slime.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
or just the girlie monthly discharge....
Leather seat or not....definitely spoils the seat.

Ask the girls to lapik with old newspaper...hahahahaa

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com

works on bmw also right? :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i have problem..i want to change my civic sr4 caburator engine to the injection...which more cheap one,easy and convinient....i heard that the ist model injection engine can get around rm1200.is it??is half cut stlll have???

help me..plz...tq..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience