My Next Upgrade: Suspension

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Which type of suspension you prefer the most?

• Tein HA

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tein Super Street

• Tein Flex

• Tein Mono Flex

• GAB SS

• Koni Yellow + Eibach spring

• Aragosta

• Spoon

• Others (please mention)

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
afaik GAB HA is only height adjustable...

bro syazwan, is it soft-hard adjustable also?

GAB HA is the height adjustable one
GAB HAB is the height adjustable one with body shift (no compressing the spring when adjusting)
GAB SS is the high/low/soft/hard

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

After a lot of review, reading & budget. I installed GAB HA-B AVCS for Perdana at my Mitsubishi, 2 finger front, 3 finger back, 17" rim.

I'm expecting hard and bumpy ride.... but no, very comfortable compare to original, no complain at all.

Dude - can reveal what spring rates you using?

GAB HA is the height adjustable one
GAB HAB is the height adjustable one with body shift (no compressing the spring when adjusting)
GAB SS is the high/low/soft/hard

---------- Post added at 07:23 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

Dude - can reveal what spring rates you using?

Not sure about the rate, I'm only interested on the 2 finger lowered.
Everything done by the shop, I'm quite surprise it is this comfortable than original absorber.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:34 PM ----------

bro syazwan, is it soft-hard adjustable also?

GAB HAB is the height adjustable only.

Height with Soft-hard adjustable is GAB SS, but more expensive.

------------------------------------
Anybody interested to buy my Waja 1.6 Auto 2004, can sell cheap, email me [email protected]

Hey guys i'd like to share about TiTan since im using it in my wagon haha.

Because I have a Nissan AD Resort, truth be told i'm extremely limited in choices for a coilover style suspension, the only 2 being GAB and TiTan customing a pair for me. I've had bad experiences with GAB, running their shocks for about 8-9 months and the mounts cracking twice, and leaking within 10 months so needless to say I went to TiTan.

Uncle Richard there at TiTan is someone who you can talk to if you need to learn more about handling, he may not always find the right words to describe how the car feels but after tuning my car twice its just the way I want.

It took about 2 weeks for everything to be made and tuned, and for the price i'd say its worth it! They charge normally for mid-size vehicles like ours around 2.8-3.4 last I enquired 3 years ago. Servicing is also pretty affordable, I think 300 for 4 or somewhere in that price range, tuning is free within the first 3 months and a 1 year warranty will be given per set of suspension. They have a few test cars for trial with various stiffness of suspensions, so you can feel each difference of stifness and see which caters to your needs la. I chose the stiffest because I dont have any ARB's so im compensating with stiff springs for now. One thing about the suspension is that it actally feels pretty comfy for coilovers.

Personally i'd compare the feel of TiTan's to bilstein shocks because of the similar inverted monotube design they both use. Though however it IS slightly bumpy on highway rides, (in my own car) because the springs im using are linear springs, or it could be due to the damping also. My parents are also VERY satisfied with their work, my dad sending his civic ES for their shocks very shortly after mine, and soon my brothers satria to get mild coilovers from them when its suspension has finallly given up the ghost. On my wagon I'm using 7.5kgmm springs in the front and err... chopped standard springs in the back (will change soon) and im very very satisfied with it. Hope my little review helps :biggrin: .

One question though, how hard do you intend to drive your DB8?

Last edited:
How hard do I intend to drive my DB8? Well, just to be able to drive on roads like Bukit Putus, Genting and other winding roads confidently at high speeds. Not intended for track use but maybe occasionally I will go to the tracks for fun. It's ok if it doesn't perform very well on the tracks. For me its more street use.

Another question, you mentioned that your car is bumpy on the highway. This is something I can't live with if its very bumpy. How do you reckon me overcoming this problem?

Thank you for sharing your experience with Titan and seriously I am starting to like Titan now. Hope to read more write ups like this.

How hard do I intend to drive my DB8? Well, just to be able to drive on roads like Bukit Putus, Genting and other winding roads confidently at high speeds. Not intended for track use but maybe occasionally I will go to the tracks for fun. It's ok if it doesn't perform very well on the tracks. For me its more street use.

Another question, you mentioned that your car is bumpy on the highway. This is something I can't live with if its very bumpy. How do you reckon me overcoming this problem?

Thank you for sharing your experience with Titan and seriously I am starting to like Titan now. Hope to read more write ups like this.

Ah same intentions as my wagon. Hey no problem! Least I can do for a fellow enthusiasts build, lessens your headaches huh? Haha.

Mmm okay la its not bumpy its more specifically choppy. (?) I'd say its that because my fronts have a much shorter stroke than the back, plus my back the bound is soft-ish and the rebound fast, so you can try to imagine it pushes up fast, comes out fast with a long stroke sort of like a pogo stick to put it simple, if I COULD get stiffer and shorter springs at the back my shocks can be matched accordingly to its stroke, but for now since its standard i'll have to leave it as it is. Well it really shouldnt be a problem for your 'teg due to the wishbone suspension all round, I think stiff damping all round plus medium stiffness springs would do wonders for your ride!

You have tons of choices for anti-roll bars, that can get you the nice planted feel when cornering instead of over stiffening the springs like what im doing now, if you like a nice firm ride you can run stiff damping + medium-stiff springs? If im not wrong hondas can run stiffer springs because they have a much longer stroke than a mcpherson strut or beam axle without sacrificing too much of comfort.

The feel is pretty nice la even when you hit a pothole, it thumps solidly due to the oversized inverted shaft compared to the small thinner ones of monotube & twin tube ones... just IMO :rofl:. However being a basic coilover they dont have features like the fast damping ohlins & GAB have sadly, or even adjusting knobs to adjust damping. Thats the mafan part, driving all the way back just to get it stiffer but its a small price to pay la for me :rolleyes: .

I could go on and on on how the car feels and their tech specs but really the best way for you is to try it yourself! If you want I would love to have a TT session with all the suspension sifus here, maybe I too can learn something HAHA. :biggrin:

The fastest I dare push my car is about 130kmh in medium to sharp corners with bridgestone MY-O1 tires all round... the car only becomes choppy above 140kmh or so? But I dont fancy cruising at that speed so I never went back to readjust the damping.

Last edited:
MY01? Becareful LilWagon taiko.. those are notoriously unreliable tyres.

ddv : dude, driving fast isn't about the suspension, it's about the driver and how you respond to the cars physics.

Do you want completely flat cornering ability? If yes they you'll need stiff suspension at the cost of comfort. Mind you, stiff suspension means you're relying heavily on your tyre grip in corners which can be a pain if you have crappy tyres. But with good tyres it'll feel like you're cornering on rails.

Do you want constant feedback from the car? Then consider thicker + harder antiroll bars with medium-performance suspension. You'll have body roll but not too much but at least you can feel the car, when it'll start to reach its limits, shifting the car weight around, etc. This is more challenging in the sense that you'll really get to know your cars characteristics - understeery, oversteery, both, etc. The plus point is you'll get more comfortable suspension.

Dude - don't take feedback too seriously. Everyone's opinion is different as to what's "acceptable" to them. My own suspension isn't stiff and it's great on highway speeding and long curvey corners. It just sucks at changing direction fast (fast left-right corners). But having said that I have 23mm front and 16mm rear antiroll bars, strut bars, side bars, fender bars and so on. Weight wise all these are heavy. Doesn't help my car is a paltry 1.5L.

How many cars have you tested so far? Keep testing until you find the right setup and go with that. Whether Titan, RCS, GAB or whatever, it's very individual and unique to each person so don't take feedback too seriously.

The thing about reliability is even good brands have their fair share of bad feedback, Titan inclusive. So those feedbacks about GAB and others, I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Not saying it's not true, just saying you might not have the same issues as the complainees.

MY01? Becareful LilWagon taiko.. those are notoriously unreliable tyres.

ddv : dude, driving fast isn't about the suspension, it's about the driver and how you respond to the cars physics.

Do you want completely flat cornering ability? If yes they you'll need stiff suspension at the cost of comfort. Mind you, stiff suspension means you're relying heavily on your tyre grip in corners which can be a pain if you have crappy tyres. But with good tyres it'll feel like you're cornering on rails.

Do you want constant feedback from the car? Then consider thicker + harder antiroll bars with medium-performance suspension. You'll have body roll but not too much but at least you can feel the car, when it'll start to reach its limits, shifting the car weight around, etc. This is more challenging in the sense that you'll really get to know your cars characteristics - understeery, oversteery, both, etc. The plus point is you'll get more comfortable suspension.

Dude - don't take feedback too seriously. Everyone's opinion is different as to what's "acceptable" to them. My own suspension isn't stiff and it's great on highway speeding and long curvey corners. It just sucks at changing direction fast (fast left-right corners). But having said that I have 23mm front and 16mm rear antiroll bars, strut bars, side bars, fender bars and so on. Weight wise all these are heavy. Doesn't help my car is a paltry 1.5L.

How many cars have you tested so far? Keep testing until you find the right setup and go with that. Whether Titan, RCS, GAB or whatever, it's very individual and unique to each person so don't take feedback too seriously.

The thing about reliability is even good brands have their fair share of bad feedback, Titan inclusive. So those feedbacks about GAB and others, I'd take it with a pinch of salt. Not saying it's not true, just saying you might not have the same issues as the complainees.

Unreliable? In what way... nobody ever told me this before. Haha but its okay la I dont push my wagon to the limit a lot, thanks for the warning though! :itsme:

I love cornering but I won't push it to the limits no matter how good my tyres and chassis is. Because everytime the time comes to change tyre, I :bawling::banghead:

Unreliable? In what way... nobody ever told me this before. Haha but its okay la I dont push my wagon to the limit a lot, thanks for the warning though! :itsme:
MY01 aren't grippy tyres. And they don't give warning signs when they let go. It's just corner corner corner and slide. No screeching. And I'm not the only one to complain. My case was a slow slow 20km/h drive towards the traffic light from Tmn Tun going to 1U. I braked and the car just kept on going straight and went smack right into center island (this was before all the construction work here). To be fair it was moist - just the start of a downpour, but at that speed it still doesn't make any sense for it to continue moving.

The other case was similar to mine but at 80km/h. Full car slid right into the center island. Damage on my car and my friends car were pretty similar except he wrecked his rims to go with it.

Just be careful la dude.

MY01 aren't grippy tyres. And they don't give warning signs when they let go. It's just corner corner corner and slide. No screeching. And I'm not the only one to complain. My case was a slow slow 20km/h drive towards the traffic light from Tmn Tun going to 1U. I braked and the car just kept on going straight and went smack right into center island (this was before all the construction work here). To be fair it was moist - just the start of a downpour, but at that speed it still doesn't make any sense for it to continue moving.

The other case was similar to mine but at 80km/h. Full car slid right into the center island. Damage on my car and my friends car were pretty similar except he wrecked his rims to go with it.

Just be careful la dude.

Shit seriously ah? The description sounds super opposite of mine! When it loads up its screeches a bit and for me its very progressive! But yeah I gotta admit in the wet with stiff coilovers it understeers a fair bit so I jaga jaga sikit.

Haha yes I will, thank you for the advice! I'll keep it in mind. Safe ah for trackday? :rolleyes: Planning to run those...

Shit seriously ah? The description sounds super opposite of mine! When it loads up its screeches a bit and for me its very progressive! But yeah I gotta admit in the wet with stiff coilovers it understeers a fair bit so I jaga jaga sikit.

Haha yes I will, thank you for the advice! I'll keep it in mind. Safe ah for trackday? :rolleyes: Planning to run those...

Your driving skill sifu-level.. ok one la. Understeer also become an advantage for you! :biggrin:

ddv : I just recently got myself a set of hi-los. And I can tell you, you won't necessarily lose comfort with coilovers! Just get the spring rate right and you'll find comfort and performance all in!

Mine's 4.5k front and 4k rear, aeroback with a shitload of stuff at the back.

ddv : I just recently got myself a set of hi-los. And I can tell you, you won't necessarily lose comfort with coilovers! Just get the spring rate right and you'll find comfort and performance all in!

Iszo, what brand of adjustables you got? My past experience with stiff and rock-hard GAB Hi-Lo made me scared to use adjustables again.. :biggrin:

Recently, I have driven a few different rides. 1st was an Odyssey with Bilstein. Not sure of the model. I find it comfortable and cornering not that bad. Still I have to take into consideration that Odyssey is a higher vehicle plus it's not really intended for hard cornering.

2nd was an Iswara aeroback with GAB springs only. Not adjustable coilovers but with hard bushes. To my surprise, cornering was really good and comfort wise I would say 7/10. I think I can bear with that. On the highway, on bumpy sections, I could feel the bump but it was not as bad as my friends Kancil with some lowered sports spring.

Lastly, it was a Perdana with Tein HA. This was my favourite among the three. My friend set the adjustables at the hardest setting and yet to me it was comfortable. Cornering was good. I liked it, I didn't feel scared the car would turtle. And I also like that when I change the steering direction quickly, it was like... how to put in words??? Easy I think is the word.

However, these are all from other types of cars. Not DB8. I don't know if those setting would suit my car. And consideering the Iswara's GAB springs and the price he paid for it, it's really worth it. I think I can say that the difference between Tein HA and the GAB springs were quite unnoticeable. This is just my 2 opinion.

Thanks for the tips Izso. As for now, I need to learn more about spring rates. I think I know what is that but how to choose the right one, I am still quite unclear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom