WTA: Waja suddenly jerking only when low fuel

Mar 25, 2009
I have a question to all car experts here and need your advice.

My Waja has been very faithful and little problem until recently. I noticed that when driving under normal conditions, suddenly the car will be jerking, with experience like loss of power. Full press of the accelerator will may the car jerking more, and light press (of accelerator) will be less jerking, but the problem is still there.

Strange thing is this problem only occurs when the fuel gauge shows that there is 1 quarter tank of fuel left in the car. The problem will immediately gone when I fill up full tank.

At first, I thought maybe no fuel, but when refueling time, there is still about 10-12 liters of petrol in the tank! Change petrol from Shell to Petronas or others, but problem is still there. :confused:

Not sure what is the actual problem here. Any advice or suggestion? :hmmmm:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
yup. but better u fill up 3/4 or full even better before pouring in the fuel injector cleaner.
just go to spare part shop & get the fuel filter, doesnt costs much.

Proton_W16M

Mar 25, 2009
Fuel filter got change before?
It's advisable not to run the car with low fuel warning light on for too long
Yes, fuel filter changed about 4 years ago... the jerking will appear even before the fuel warning light comes on, which I think is a bit strange?

My car mechanic thinks it could be sludge in the fuel tank. Will this be the cause?

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
yup. but better u fill up 3/4 or full even better before pouring in the fuel injector cleaner.
not found at my car lol...:rofl:..pay a visit to spare part after after work later..

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Yes, fuel filter changed about 4 years ago... the jerking will appear even before the fuel warning light comes on, which I think is a bit strange?

My car mechanic thinks it could be sludge in the fuel tank. Will this be the cause?
Bluechem has a petrol cleaner which you just pour into the tank. It'll mix and clean up anything that's not supposed to be there, particularly water. It sounds like you might have water in your tank. Can get from ENEOS 1Utama.

Fuel injectors aren't likely the problem since it only happens when you have low fuel.

Fuel pump will fail all the time or none of the time, but there are some that have high pressure and cannot run without fuel covering a certain amount of it, meaning it should never be "dry". I don't think your Waja is one of those.

4 years for a petrol filter is too long la. 20,000km change one time la. That's about 2-3 services. A clogged filter will suffocate your engine which is bad too and probably cause some unecessary wear on your fuel filter. Btw, as a general rule I change the fuel line together with the petrol filter. If you have the original fuel line (which is the best) then maybe you don't need to change those hoses that often. But in my case I opt for whatever the spare parts shop gives me (petrol hoses) and change it anyway cuz I don't want to risk having a cracked hose.

Personally I think you should try the Bluechem petro cleaner. It sounds like you have sludge or water in your tank.

Have a look : http://www.zerotohundred.com/newfor...duct-testing-blue-chem-fuel-system-clean.html

EvolutionZ

5,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Aug 3, 2007
i suggest to check yr fuel pump, waja has the tendency for "fuel pump failure" when yr mileage between 80,000km to 100,000km...

and like what other suggest, don let yr tank too empty cos it will overheat yr fuel pump....cause early worn out.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
When petrol before cleaner? I thought usually cleaner then petrol so it will mix better?:confused:

---------- Post added at 11:28 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:06 AM ----------

I agree, 4 years is pretty long time. You can also check the amount of dirt when you change the filter, by shaking the filter and pouring out the fuel the reverse way onto a white piece of paper.....:biggrin:

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
it been 6 years and I just change the fuel filter last Tuesday..feel more smoother..never had a problem before, but early prevention is better..

Proton_W16M

Mar 25, 2009
Just a quick update and thanks to all suggestions.

I adding 1 bottle of STP complete fuel system cleaner to fuel tank. Don't thinks it helped much, cos when my fuel gauge reach the 1/4 point, the problem came back.

Cannot stand any more, so I finally went to mechanic and asked them to change spark plugs and petrol filter, plus regular service. So far so good... :biggrin::biggrin:

Mechanic suggest that i drive and monitor for a while and see if there is still the problem... if not, then he will change the petrol pump.:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

WANTED------> rear disc brake for n13!

i want it with exel.
please contact me if u found it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience