WTA-[Car short circuited.. No Constant Power]

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
Recently, genius friend of mine instead of switching on the dome light, he turned the whole thing.. what happened was..the wire got short circuited.

Now, the HU doesn't power up, dome light still doesn't work and "Doors Opened" light does not appear on gauge.. Haven't figured out what else doesn't work.Any idea why? Or is there a fuse for all these accessories coming from a constant power source? hmmm.

In Dilemma.. :(

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Awaiting Reply.. :(

donCityZ

2,000 RPM
Feb 8, 2006
Re: WTA-[Car shortcuited.. No Constant Power]

Recently, genius friend of mine instead of switching on the dome light, he turned the whole thing.. what happened was..the wire got short circuited.

Now, the HU doesn't power up, dome light still doesn't work and "Doors Opened" light does not appear on gauge.. Haven't figured out what else doesn't work.Any idea why? Or is there a fuse for all these accessories coming from a constant power source? hmmm.

In Dilemma.. :(

---------- Post added at 01:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Awaiting Reply.. :(
Sure la fuse blow. THere is a fuse for accessries of ur car electronics. have it replaced.

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007

Ahh nice.. Where is this fuse located bro? Driving a wira .. Any idea?

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor

In the fuse box....Ha ha ha....

Below left of steering column!

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 AM ----------

Another thing...
Pls do the DIY write up for changing the fuse... it will help
alot of newbies....:biggrin:

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
Aih.. I checked below the steering column earlier.. replaced one fuse.. but realized in the end that there was another one which was blown too.. Dumb of me to have not realized/test it earlier...

Anyway...
Will do on the write up soon.. My test light has failed me... :(
Replaced 2 fuses altogether..

Door Locks- 15A ( This is because of the room light wire which got short circuited)
Room/Clock- 10A

And voila.. your head unit, room light.. "Door's opened" indicator and everything else in your headroom which needs a constant power supply(Key on OFF position) works again.. :)

Not forgetting.. getting a new, more reliable test light... :D

idnawse

Known Member
Aug 18, 2005
perak
:biggrin: thats why i also called it Try n Error ..not Do It Yourself ... btw (for me) learn thru experience is the better way if u want to be a die-hard DIYer

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
That's very true.
Nothing is too difficult to learn to diy.. nowaday got internet...
Anything also can get info and try do, and try and try and succeed...
And feel proud...:itsme:
Must have the proper tools also mah...multimeter, solder iron & etc...jigsaw, drill

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
:biggrin: thats why i also called it Try n Error ..not Do It Yourself ... btw (for me) learn thru experience is the better way if u want to be a die-hard DIYer
Very true man.. Trial N Error.. that's when fuses blow... :p Should buy like a half a dozen and keep la..

That's very true.
Nothing is too difficult to learn to diy.. nowaday got internet...
Anything also can get info and try do, and try and try and succeed...
And feel proud...:itsme:
Must have the proper tools also mah...multimeter, solder iron & etc...jigsaw, drill
Power of Internet eh? Yea.. Aiming for a nice Fluke Multimeter. My Sanwa Analogue is giving up on me.. it's been 5 going 6 happy years..
*Hates when ur most essential tools gives up on me*This is what happens if you keep on lending to ppl who dun know how to use them..yet...

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Go get a digital multimeter. It is much easy to see esp if voltage and other readings..
Tq

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
Go get a digital multimeter. It is much easy to see esp if voltage and other readings..
Tq
Any specific brand u recommend bro? i heard Fluke is quite good.. Nevertheless, i did see cheaper version of digital meter with auto range in psr road.. around rm70
how? how?

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
I'm using Wavetek....
Fluke too expensive...
Ahhh. how much was Wavetek.. Auto Range? .. Btw, i just checked again, the one i saw in psr road was E-Sun..Any idea on it's reliability man

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Well all depend what you need... if voltage and continuity check... anybrand okay... but i dun advise to buy the pocket type...the probe wire easily breaks and cause intermitant function..

If you do electronic repairs like i do and need resistant measurement.... capacitances, then only buy better types....

Price? Forgot oledi...400~500 hundred last time...

Virus-C

Jul 22, 2007
Well all depend what you need... if voltage and continuity check... anybrand okay... but i dun advise to buy the pocket type...the probe wire easily breaks and cause intermitant function..

If you do electronic repairs like i do and need resistant measurement.... capacitances, then only buy better types....

Price? Forgot oledi...400~500 hundred last time...
yea man.. do quite a lot of electronic repairs. currently still relying on analogue..It's bout time to get a digital.. man... 400 to 500 daimn.. How many years ago was this la..lol.

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
Maybe 7 year ago... probe also rosak oledi.
DIY new probe with the special In-circuit tester probe(ICT) with is spring loaded and sharp points...
This is good to test thru' the insulated wire.
Anyway go buy one, consider it as investment..:wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

whats d diff between rwd and normal rims? i went to a shop just now and the tauke say normal rims cannot use on a rwd...can anyone explain?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience