wta about sgti mmc ecu

kenzui

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
hi sifus and sgti enthusiast i need some help..i;m currently looking for a 2nd hand sgti and i've heard that the mmc ecu is better than the siemens?is it true?i just want to know what year is the last batch of sgti with mmc ecu?cause i dont want to get a sgti with siemen ecu :biggrin: ..thanks in advance

EGNINE

500 RPM
Jan 8, 2006
find a sgti manufactured b4 september 2001.. it should be mmc version..or u can check the throttle body...mmc version got screw to adjust idling ...siemen throttle body shape like karipap huhu

kenzui

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
hi egnine..thanks alot for sharing..so just watch out for the karipap throttle body la..hehe..

UnicornSpeed

Known Member
Dec 28, 2008
yeah true sgti mmc ecu 0450 is easy to tune and gain something.nowday got ems and piggy back,if you really up to something about power.from siemens vdo just go for unichip or ultimate e-manage and lot more...this piggyback can gain hp,up rev cut,tune af also...many more.

to me both are good..mabey siemens vdo still new in malaysia but other car as bmw,merc,volk,renault and many more use this tech,have no prob to gain power for drag,track and many thing lah.

this s vdo use crank sensor and lot more sensor,to me it good,detail and sharp...to me it good for ems.

this s vdo crank sensor similar to distributor,it also can be tune if people know how to...as you can see from msd website they selling part for that.

the tb from sgti s vdo if wanna upgrade,i take from volk v6...plug n play.

:driver:

kenzui

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
hey unicornspeed..thanks for the detailed info..appreciate it..but if i were to unichip or use ultimate e-manage that would cost more then just getting a gti with mmc n just mod the basic stuffs for the mmc is good enough rite??correct me if i'm wrong k..still new at this..hehe..but in ur opinion which one do u think is better?cause ive read a few forums they said that siemens hard to mod n even if u mod u dont gain s much s the mmc..is it true?thanks in advance :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

the engine off timer wire is connect to ignition switch & handbrake switch, how about the o2 & a/f, is it connect near to the ecu??? it will hv some problem or not??? and how about voltage connect to which wire???
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience