Will Satria GTi ABS work with different brake calipers?

jon3171

Known Member
Aug 3, 2005
Malaysia
Was thinking of upgrading my GTi's brake system...so would appreciate some advice on what sort of brakes to use and if there would be any problem or conflict with the ABS....and how to solve it if there is.....thanks

btw after the planned engine upgrades....bhp is expected to be around 200 or so i'd also like to know if it really is necessary to upgrade the calipers or whether the standard braking system is sufficient to handle that power

Thanks again!

Last edited:

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
why not ? as long your ABS still around...

shelby

Known Member
Oct 6, 2004
Visit site
sorry for interrupt...isit possible to maintain the ABS in SGTI if brake calipers has upgrade to 4 pots clampers more? intereting?

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
u need to look for brake system that support ABS....For Satria, some ppl go for FTO but need mod bit

GSR06

Known Member
Dec 22, 2006
Why you still need ABS? My previous ride, ABS is just a mechanism to prevent locking but if your car is ~200bhp, better upgrade to 2 pots or more and also the brake pump. This is for safety reason and my 2 pot caliper has been working fine until now :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there. All sifus, on behalf of my friend, he got a Proton Gen-2 and planning to swap the engine either to mivec CK or 4age Black Top 6 speed. He already checked with the PUSPAKOM and the swap for both engine is allowed for his Proton Gen-2. The questions are

1) Which engine better in performance and durability?
2) Which engine has more potential for further modification to gain more HP?
3) Which engine got more aftermarket performance parts?
4) Which engine is more economical in...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience