White Knight: Why he loves OPC.....

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Today I bring to you..... DA POWER OF OPC!!!! Optimum Power Clean

Car is constantly subjected to acid rain (those who stay in Puchong area will understand what I mean)
And as all know so well..... white car and acid rain will not match. Become zebra ada lar.

Amount of dirt from just one short rain shower

Can see tears coming from the eyes also...

This white knight super sexy with sexy mole just below its eyes....

Some unknown stain + acid rain join together.

OPC it away

Acid rain mark from under the rear bonnet

OPC it away

Hidden dirt caked up near the side mirror.

OPC it away with a brush

Small corners between metal and plastic also need to OPC

Roof gaps also need to OPC. Half half.

White car = dirt more obvious.

Even with car shampoo also cannot wash it off

Overview

So white knight says.... OPC it away

More acid rain stains

OPC it away (this is the other side of the car, not inverted image)

Acid rain mark from the door water release holes (this is the area just above the skirting)

After OPC..... (again, this is the other side of the car, not an inverted image)

Shoe shuffle mark.... wish my friends would lift their feet higher when entering and exiting the car.

Easily dealt with OPC

Inspira and Lancer owners will know what mark is this

OPC it away

So remember, OPC is your best pal to fight against......... ACID RAIN. Following are photos of areas I clean but only got 'before' photos. Dun wanna bore u all with the same thing again and again

NOW..........
WHAT CAN OPC DO FOR YOUR ENGINE?
Looks clean hor......

See properly

Simple wipe of OPC and rinse with another wipe of ONR

Closer look at the engine bay

Why.... got sand wan? (car is used mostly for highway, so yeah, sand do get to that area)

OPC and agitate with a nylon brush

Engine oil refuel cap

Most road side "engine wash" will settle for this result

I settle for nothing less than this

Air filter also got sand on top.....

ONR with a brush (no OPC used here)

Air-cond pipe that is constantly wet being exposed to the elements.... dust sticks to it lor....

Another wipe of OPC and followed by another wipe of ONR

Water used to rinse both the OPC and ONR cloth. hmm..... dirty leh.

These are the items used to detail the Engine Bay...... Glass cleaner and wheel cleaner and some pee in a bottle.......

In actual fact.... its OPC of different dilution and ONR in the glass cleaner bottle. I love to recycle...... in this age...... recycling is the IN THING :rofl:

Now we go to the INTERIOR.....

Lots of sand, dust and stones

Carpet was taken out to wash with OPC 1:3 and brushed. As there is no coffee, starbucks and etc stains (owner dun drink coffee wan) on the main carpet, its just vacuum.

Side steps.... again with the shuffle marks.....

50/50 on the side steps

Fully detailed driver side

Rear side steps.... tortured by passengers

Kasi OPC it with a mixture of 1:5 and 1:3

Results

The nut cover for the front seats kena kick until came out....

OPC it 1:5

Fully detailed (note, scratches cannot be fix.....)

Door panel.... know which side is cleaned with OPC and which side isn't?

Rear passenger door panel... always kena kick by passengers wan

Dashboard was given a nice OPC bath as well.

Amount of dirt from the interior alone. Note that the leather seats were not detailed.

Interior was later protected with a layer of nice smelling Meguiars Leather Protectant

Now, sit back and enjoy the reflection shot of a car surface that has not been compounded, polished or corrected even once.

All these nice sweet glossiness is archived by.... ONR Bath.

So..... ppl ask me how many cloth I have to detail a car.....
A full detail will use me this amount of cloth.....

And brushes.....

Total time spend: 3 hours
Items used: OPC 1:0, 1:3, 1:5, ONR, Soft bristle brush, brush, lots of cloths, Optimum Car Wax
Satisfaction Level: Awesomeness

Please leave me your comments (good or bad) as it is much appreciated.

Last edited:

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Of course good la :biggrin:. A detail fit for a king! And wow you got so many cloths!!!

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Of course good la :biggrin:. A detail fit for a king! And wow you got so many cloths!!!
you got lagi cloths :rofl: (sorry if i'm mistaken)

anyway, the turnaround is fantastic, the pics are so nicely taken too. congrats bro.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Ever thinking of adding awning(polycarbonate/zinc) to your house? At least your ride will be a little cleaner since its not expose to the sky when parked.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
I normally do this kinda detail to my white knight every 3 or 4 months. Then seal it with Opti Seal. Poor thing looks lifeless with all those acid rain stain. Cheap microfibers, buy more and pretty good results.

you got lagi cloths :rofl: (sorry if i'm mistaken)

anyway, the turnaround is fantastic, the pics are so nicely taken too. congrats bro.
Thanks man, some of the pics are off focus but this time the pics did turn out better than my previous posts.

Ever thinking of adding awning(polycarbonate/zinc) to your house? At least your ride will be a little cleaner since its not expose to the sky when parked.
Thought of that but moving house maybe end of next year, so delay awning. Ride is most of the time park at Cyberjaya open area office so not much difference.

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Very very detailed pics of your detail! Awesome job!!!

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Very very detailed pics of your detail! Awesome job!!!
Awesome job made a tad bit easier by OPC. In all honesty, it took more time snapping photos of this detailing than it took me to OCW the car.....

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
maybe you can use a car cover.....whenever parked at your house compound. Cost about 50-60 bucks the last time i check...

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Yeah....There's really no such thing as having too many microfiber cloths....hehehe....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Awesome job made a tad bit easier by OPC. In all honesty, it took more time snapping photos of this detailing than it took me to OCW the car.....
Haha! Same case as me everytime!

seech

Known Member
Jan 21, 2007
Yeah. Properly documenting your work takes a lot of time.

Nice pics this time around. Good mix of wide shots and detail shots as well.

ShowTime

Known Member
Jun 3, 2011
KL
Finally to get to meet with one of the detailien members(the owner of the White Knight himself) but unfortunately this afternoon while having lunch with him, he had to leave early back to his office. It was raining this afternoon too so I only manage to see his alien eggs but he didn't manage to see mine as my ride was parked a bit further. Our ride did catch some sand btw as the road was wet... damn, this weekend must pre-soak!

For a quick review of his exterior... very slick, nice beading... I didn't manage to catch any color degradation like yellowish or greyish. White is still white. He did mention that his ride is not opti-coated yet.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
you can get it at any hypermarket. Its call ziplock bags. Forgot the price but not very expensive.

Try looking at the aluminium foil section, you can find it there.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello everyone, im new to this forum and i have a question, my family has owned a perodua kancil l200 for years now and we have plans to restored it. my question is has the mira l200 body kit available for sale here? im from brunei btw

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience