What is the of use of bullet/short shifter n other parts

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
Please help me all the taiko here.
I wanna ask what is the used for centre bullet?If install more than 1 bullet what is the effect of the car?
What is the used of short shifter?
What is the used for oil catch tank?Can be used in NA or turbo car?
What is used for trottle body?
Please help me on this

soggie

Known Member
Oct 26, 2004
Short shifter is used to reduce the gear level travel length between each gear. The effect is once installed, you dont have to move the level so far when changing gears.

Center bullet is a direct replacement of the car's catalytic converter. It promotes higher flowing exhaust gasses without much compromise on the extra sound produced.

Oil catch tank is to trap impurities in your fuel system.

Throttle body, that exists on every electronic fuel injection cars, is a device that controls the amount of air being fed into the engine. The harder your press on the accelerator pedal, the larger the throttle body's opening is, and the more air gets into the engine.

There, quick and dirty.

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
soggie said:
Short shifter is used to reduce the gear level travel length between each gear. The effect is once installed, you dont have to move the level so far when changing gears.

Center bullet is a direct replacement of the car's catalytic converter. It promotes higher flowing exhaust gasses without much compromise on the extra sound produced.

Oil catch tank is to trap impurities in your fuel system.

Throttle body, that exists on every electronic fuel injection cars, is a device that controls the amount of air being fed into the engine. The harder your press on the accelerator pedal, the larger the throttle body's opening is, and the more air gets into the engine.

There, quick and dirty.
Center bullet is a direct replacement of the car's catalytic converter. It promotes higher flowing exhaust gasses without much compromise on the extra sound produced.(I can't understand)
If i put 2 centre bullet what will happen? plus catalytic

Thanks bro,1 more question what is the used of wheel spacer?
Do i need to install a longer bolt to put in the wheel spacer because the tyre slighty go out and i only can put in the nut abit only

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
ky69 said:
Thanks bro,1 more question what is the used of wheel spacer?
Do i need to install a longer bolt to put in the wheel spacer because the tyre slighty go out and i only can put in the nut abit only
u aready said the answer lo... to space out ur wheel from the hub alittle bit... some do it for nice, but others (like mine) have to install them when i change sports rim...
pros: wider tracks, better stability.. looks cun with wider body....
cons: u usually wont able to get perfect allignment... if ur tie-rod bushings worn out, ur steering vibrate like hell... vr dangerous....

my car is iswara, is forced to add wheel spacer due to 4 bolt head on the wheel hub... iswara PCD is 114.3 while the bolt head is at PCD 100... when i use rims which has 8holes (2 PCD), the bolts actually blocking the rims to get a perfect fit on the hub... thats why we need spacer to space out the bolt head so our rim wont vibrate alot...

ohya, havent answer ur question... if ur bolt is short, dont add spacer or dont add vr thick spacer lo... but for cars like iswara, they have quite long bolt, so no problem....:regular_smile:

ky69

Known Member
May 26, 2005
Malaysia
I am driving kelisa,i try to put on the wheel spacer at my rear tyre and i try lock it seem like lock abit only then i remove it.Takut afterward my both wheels come out
Can u explain more about the centre bullet,i don't understand made it easier to let me understand.If i put 2 bullet what will happen plus catalytic

rollakid

4,000 RPM
Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
Visit site
catalytic converter is like a sponge of some sort inside (i know its not a sponge but like this easier to understand) that is used to clean out the exhaust fume. because of the nature of the device it kind of blocks airflow, thus engine will lost power.

bullet however is free flow ( as i know) thus no such restriction. malaysia still can lar.. but try to run without a catalyzer in the states and see how long before you are busted by the police lol

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Coverage of Round 2 of Time To Attack:Sepang continues and this time it's contribution by you, the reader. While we were busy making sure everything went well, there was only very little time to go out and get proper pictures of the whole event. Our photographers were stationed at various points around the pits and circuit but it's impossible to capture...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience