Wat is the price for this enjin

popout

Known Member

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
i'm driving proton wira 1.5 auto now i planing to transpalnt my stock enjin which enjin is suggested ,4g91 ,4g92 mivec ,6a10 and wat is the price to total transplant include JPJ rear brake modification bla bla bla.... so i hope sifu sifu out there can help me thanks

G_ti

Known Member

G_ti

Known Member
Nov 20, 2005
I don't know the ecxact price .

4g91 - rm 4 to 5 k
4g92mivec ( black top with lsd gear box ) - rm 7 to 8 k
6a10 - rm 9 - 10 k

depend on where the engine from and the half cut condition . All the above quots are from my previous surveys when i was using wira .

popout

Known Member

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
which one enjin more save fuel and power i mean "peng len zhen"

murcielago

Known Member

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
wow, bro i tot 6a10 half cut bout 3k only n cheaper than mivec...

G_ti said:
I don't know the ecxact price .

4g91 - rm 4 to 5 k
4g92mivec ( black top with lsd gear box ) - rm 7 to 8 k
6a10 - rm 9 - 10 k

depend on where the engine from and the half cut condition . All the above quots are from my previous surveys when i was using wira .

Dino@Casper

Dino@Casper

May 13, 2005
P.J
Dun go for mivec MD.. ahahaha.. not really that good with FC... suppose to be.. but isn't as good as on paper

KingHaruan

Known Member

KingHaruan

Known Member
Nov 29, 2004
Earth
err...4G92 non-Mivec 1.6 Twin Cam Got ah?? (i mean exist ah?)
if got usually how much??

popout

Known Member

popout

Known Member
Sep 5, 2006
can i ask a silly question wat is mivec -md??? my friends use 6a10 enjin on his wira but the gear box cause many prob, beside these enjin any suggestion for other enjin??

GTpuI

500 RPM

GTpuI

500 RPM
Apr 18, 2006
I think mivec is the best n powerful. 6a10 is less performance n slow in pick up.Even 1.6 single cam can tapau it.U also can try 4g92 twin cam without mivec but quite difficult to find it.U also can try 4g93 from eterna the cost for manual half cut around 4k and it is powerful engine.

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
yaya.... 4g93p twincam is sgti engine....

mivec-md is one of many mivec engine version.... but this particular one is abit more complicated... coz it's ECU controls the engine so that when u rev below 2k rpm, it only runs on 2 piston.... above it, all 4 piston fires up.... thats why people say it has good fuel consumption....
but if u are those heavy leg person, mivec-md make no difference for u la.... coz most of the time, u will be running on all 4 pistons....

6a12 has almost the same power as 4g93 (if not mistaken la)... but it is much more heavier.... thats why people say performance is not as good as 4cylinder engine.... it is a v6 engine, has a nice revving sound, and goes well as a long distance cruiser.....

yaya, 4g92 twincam non-mivec do exist.... but not sure about the price though... kekekeke...

murcielago

Known Member

murcielago

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
i heard mivec ppl say it's high fc also but i also can't understand cos vtec is very fuel saving...
6a10 1.6 v6 performance is very slow, high top speed n very high consumption n high cost of spare parts..my mechanic told me change timing belt also cost 1k plus d....
4g92 non-mivec twin cam is very good engine, fews years back i heard priced around 3k without installation...plug n play installation also wouldnt be very expensive..i heard the performance quite good but fc wise not very clear...

differ

1,000 RPM

differ

1,000 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Petaling Jaya
danielczh.multiply.com
6A10 is a cruiser engine, think of a Perdana going 180kmh on the highway. Because it is much heavier, it adds to the stability of the car running at high speeds. Spare parts will be hard to source.

4G91, 1.5L fuel injected engine which is perfect if you are concious about fuel consumption.

4G92 1.6L Non-MiVEC, so-so engine but the problem comes when you look for your spare parts. Reasonably hard to find at a price.

4G92 1.6L MiVEC, good engine with power to boot. Parts are readily available as it is one of the more popular engine mods.

4G93, 1.8L non-turbo variant. Stock in our Putra's and GTI's, good horsepower for an Normal-Aspirated engine with many ways to further mod it.

4G93T, 1.8L turbocharged. Also known as the GSR, this is probably the most powerful stock engine you can legally transplant into a Wira 1.5L.

As for fuel-consumption, with any engine if you drive with a lead foot, you will always have high fuel consumption. If i drive steadily on my GSR, i can easily squeeze out 420km on my full tank. If i whack it, it only gets 320km. Simple logic.

And wow, the prices have gone up so much. I only got my GSR for 6k inclusive of labour.

b00n

3,000 RPM

b00n

3,000 RPM
Aug 16, 2005
KL
6A10 not that expensive lar......unless it's a 6A12
the time I convert; in 2004 is arnd 7K which alot commentd that it's already expensive....
the engine itself is 3.5K...
wiring is arnd 1k the rest is parts....oh yeah; rear disc brake which cost me arnd 500.
Come to think of it; I got cut throat because is my first tme converting....
=(

talking bout spare part price and labour charge. Guessed any V6xers would tell you that labour is more expensive than normal as there's more parts to be loosen in order to get to the specific parts. Especially noticable is timing belt change and also spark plug changes.

On performance; I guessed it's still okie.....yeah top-speed and engine revving is smooth. But guess FC is not that efficient because of the 6 cylinder.

Anyway, this is my experience on 6A10.

Nieto

Known Member

Nieto

Known Member
Aug 10, 2006
i tot 6A10 is nice FC?? it is heavy, make car hard to pickup, part oso xpensive... but i heard sum ppl use 6A10 they said da FC better, sum kelantan said tat too... correct me if i wrong, cos i jus heard a lot frm ppl~ he he

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Guys,

I was in Midvalley Megamall yesterday, some idiot parked too close to the side of a corner in the underground parking. To avoid his/her/it's car, I had to turn at a really bad angle.

During the turn, my right rear sports rim chipped against the slight curb.

Chipped and scratched my rims, it's quite deep.

What can be done about it? Is there some kind of filler to cover up the parts that was chipped away, and respray?

Since it's the rear rim, it doesn't really affect the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience