wan to ask those who spray their camm cover

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
hi all...

i saw some of u take off the camm cover of your engine and spray it...

i just like to ask....
the gasket below the cover need to be replace?

my mech said after taking off the gasket will be spoil and need to be replace...
i dono is true or not?
so i not dare to open

anyone can help me here?

thanks

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
yea...u need to replace that...else next time u will experience oil leak

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Definitely need a new gasket for this... also not forgetting the gasket sealant!

jaywat

1,000 RPM
Jan 9, 2005
sealant very cheap only lar i think RM12 can get already

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
nope... but you would need only a lil bit from the tube. Not too sure of the price but you can ask any spare part shop, they would definitely have it.

if you know a workshop then, i would advise you to go get it from them la (ie DIY in the workshop la... all the tools and materials easily available ma

sam1741

1,000 RPM
Dec 18, 2004
still confused...

how do i apply this sealant thing?
is it apply all the way between the gasket and the cover? or between gasget and engine head?

partyJOE

2,000 RPM
Nov 10, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Visit site
simefly said:
nope... but you would need only a lil bit from the tube. Not too sure of the price but you can ask any spare part shop, they would definitely have it.

if you know a workshop then, i would advise you to go get it from them la (ie DIY in the workshop la... all the tools and materials easily available ma
yah dats rite.... u just need alil... so y waste on dat... better get yr mech to open it up n then u spray the cover there n ask him 2 fix it back... if u r a regular he only charge u 20 the max.... spray $$ depends on u.... safe n save...

tsuISo

May 14, 2005
bukit
its easy to send it to the pomen la but that is not DIY, if u want to apply the sealent make sure the gasket or seal that u use is oilfree means u have to wipe it n make sure u dont spoil the gasket or the seal,, good luck

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Well, I would like to share the sad, sad news with you guys. I heard the news on the radio this morning while on the way to my office. We didn't expect that he'll pass away just a day after Apple launched the iPhone 4S. Rest In Peace Steve Jobs & we'll always be Apple's loyal fan! Here are the links I found when I checked thru the Internet earlier:-

Apple's Homepage been replaced with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience