Waja 1.8 Cobra immobiliser box location

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Still and engine just what u had under your hood minus the moody electronics.

Come to think about it...not to bad really as my asian car is running european engine which is well known with the electrical headache. I read a thread in zth a member is 'owning' a european car with jap engine and the engine+wiring is giving him problem...i mentioned 'owning' as he had never properly 'driving' the car.....heheheh
Actually he does own the car, as stated in the geran.

But it’s not a car. It’s a piece of art. A show piece that appears to be in motion but in actual fact it’s immobile even without immobilizer.

It’s the display car. An art cultivation of German body work with Japanese engineering. A burly German with the heart of a samurai who’s committing seppuku.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Waaa...u guys are quick to jump in...

Anyway, after checking the flywheel sensor...my worst fear came thru.the problem has nothing to do with the flywheel sensor. Further check reveals the cobra unit is built into the ecu and if unlucky as in my case,it will fail.

To solve it...change the ecu.Now thats easy as 2nd hand ecu can be source from as low as 300 to 500. Problem is that most 2nd hand ecu does not come with the immobiliser touch key so it wont work. The code it built into the ecu and tied with the touch key.

Will call proton on Monday to see the potential damage to my wallet. If any of u guys happen to know any 1.8 ecu is for sale with the immo touch key, do let me know.

Plus, will try and get in touch with the guy on FB whom repair ecu and other electronic stuff.

Reactions: Izso

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Steven? The fella is a whizz with electronics. I have his number if you want to try to call him

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Steven? The fella is a whizz with electronics. I have his number if you want to try to call him
dunno his name, i think his fb name is 'ecu repair' or something.

if u have his number then please share it with me.last night after buka puasa i rearrange the waja parking so that it parking straight...damn the car is heavy.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Sent you a message already
Thanks bro,
The number is not the same on FB but I think its the same person. Did pm him on FB and he mentioned he can duplicate the ECU or bypass the immo after studying how others done it which is good...I was like...COOL. Just need to let Hari Raya pass only can start to think how much I will dump into the repair.

There is 1 Waja 1.8 being left at a housing area near my workplace. For the pass 3-4 days I've been visiting the house nearest to the car trying to made contact with the occupant and if i'm lucky can get the part I want. I even went to the back of the house to call out but until today nobody answer. I know there is people inside, maybe they thought i'm there to kutip hutang.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Update,
i manage to get hold of a used ecu with immobiliser key at bargain price of RM300 from Alor Star. Was a RM300 gamble but after few whatsapp msg can see the seller is genuine.

Now waiting for it to arrives, based on tracking number the item has reached Melaka on Sat but City Link is super slow as only yesterday it reached its distribution center at Batu Berendam....so close yet so far.

The first place i will drive the Waja after it runs (hopefully) is the tire shop.Damn screw puncture the brand new rear left tire before the ECU died.

Reactions: Izso

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Buy from Mr. DIY, tyre repair kit loh.....:driver:
Mr DIY is haunted lah bro. I come in to spend less than RM10 will end up spending more than RM50.

If my little superhero comes along then a die cast car is a must..hahaha

Come with wife is even scarier, there is always something at home not functioning well or not available.

once i got the ecu i will post some pic.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Mr DIY is haunted lah bro. I come in to spend less than RM10 will end up spending more than RM50.

If my little superhero comes along then a die cast car is a must..hahaha

Come with wife is even scarier, there is always something at home not functioning well or not available.

once i got the ecu i will post some pic.
Wow! means you are never near this place, but be careful now got many many branches.....hhahhahahhah

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Go and pickup the ecu at City Link distribution center..Wonder how they survive all these while with super slow service.

Went home and install the ecu, connect the battery, and....it still wont start.Immo light still not blinking.

wtf....well not so bad as i now have spare ecu with immo key at super low price which i can resell for double what i get it for.

I give up, will tow it to Proton on wednesday. Really upset as i could not solve it.

Attachments

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
The ECU location in the engine bay after being relocated from its original place behind the bumper where it is exposed to water. Dont worry, there is a custom cover to protect it from the heat.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Go and pickup the ecu at City Link distribution center..Wonder how they survive all these while with super slow service.

Went home and install the ecu, connect the battery, and....it still wont start.Immo light still not blinking.

wtf....well not so bad as i now have spare ecu with immo key at super low price which i can resell for double what i get it for.

I give up, will tow it to Proton on wednesday. Really upset as i could not solve it.
the crank sensor all ok?

and the key all ok?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
the crank sensor all ok?

and the key all ok?
crank sensor has been cleaned...tedious job as the sensor is hidden,those with short finger can forget about cleaning it.
Will try and swap with spare unit if i can still find it.

I have a theory last night, the immobiliser works by either cutting off spark or fuel in order to prevent unauthorised starting. If lets say the fuel pump is kong, will it caused the immo not detecting it and not functioning at all?

I did try normal procedure to start the engine by touching the immo key once assuming the LED is burnt and not blinking, still doest work. Tried the emergency bypass procedure but the led does not blink meaning it does not detect my bypass procedure. This could oso mean the touch point circuit is kaput...

So many possibility.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my waja1.6x auto 2002 dec

i have done below modifications to my waja, i only aim for 1st stage
performance and fine turning.
as theory says that engine performance can be devide by 4-that is intake,
exshault , ignitions, and fuel, due to that. i have done below
modifications on 3sections biside fuel. and thinking of getting a fuel
regulator to adjust the fuel pressure to higher rate to give better fuel
spray and a bit more fuel to the engine to macth the incressed air intake...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience