Waja 1.6 auto gear indicator

sifuconman

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi
I have a 2005 model Proton Waja 1.6 automatic. Recently I notices that when I switched on the head lamp the "R" indicator light was on slightly when I was driving the car, and the right signal light blink faster than normal when I make a right turn.

No such problem is observed if I do not switch on the head lamp.

Any one encountered similar problem and any suggested solution ?

Thanks

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hi
I have a 2005 model Proton Waja 1.6 automatic. Recently I notices that when I switched on the head lamp the "R" indicator light was on slightly when I was driving the car, and the right signal light blink faster than normal when I make a right turn.

No such problem is observed if I do not switch on the head lamp.

Any one encountered similar problem and any suggested solution ?

Thanks
Not too sure on the R indicator, but signal lights blinks at different speed could means current unstable. Just like if one signal bulb blows the signal light blinks even faster. Maybe you may require additional earth.

sifuconman

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks. For your information my right signal light only blinks faster when I switch on head lamp and the "R" is half lighted. Otherwise no problem

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Thanks. For your information my right signal light only blinks faster when I switch on head lamp and the "R" is half lighted. Otherwise no problem
Then check your right side wiring. Even cleaning the bulb contacts (front and rear) sometimes help as the contacts can oxides and less current goes thru"

sifuconman

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks. Will check that

Note : The right signal light blink faster than the left under the following conditions :

1. Head light is switched on and at the same time
2. "R" gear indicator is half on even when I am driving and at the same time
3. I applied the brake.

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Oh!, now more things coming out. R thing really no idea since you are driving it should show D.
Apply brakes also draw current like switch on head light is 55w x 2. Brake bulbs as 21w each x 2 and plus 3rd brake light, therefore quite a lot of current draw too.

sifuconman

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Oh!, now more things coming out. R thing really no idea since you are driving it should show D.
Apply brakes also draw current like switch on head light is 55w x 2. Brake bulbs as 21w each x 2 and plus 3rd brake light, therefore quite a lot of current draw too.
Yes the "R" indicator is not fully lighted when driving whilst the "D" indicator is fully lighted.

sifuconman

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I would like to report that I had managed to solve my auto gear indicator problem. I found the left side position lamp's contacts were oxidized. After I used a sand paper to clean the contacts and reinstalled the position lamp the problem vanished.

Thanks all for the help rendered !!

:adore:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I would like to report that I had managed to solve my auto gear indicator problem. I found the left side position lamp's contacts were oxidized. After I used a sand paper to clean the contacts and reinstalled the position lamp the problem vanished.

Thanks all for the help rendered !!

:adore:
So it was a contact problem.....:biggrin:

sifuconman

sifuconman

Jul 2, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Yes it was a contact problem !

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

Yes it was a contact problem ! I guess there was a large current drawn when I switch on the light that is why the problem only came up when I switched on the light !

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Short question regarding my waja gear indicator;
My gear indicator is not working but the car drives fine. Few days ago it works for a short drive then its down again till today. I am just wondering where does the signal comes from? The TCU or the multifunction/NSS switch?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As you can see from the heavily shrouded example of what looks to be the latest Mitsubishi Mirage, currently being sold in the Thailand market, we were lucky to spot this test vehicle at the Saujana area that was about to be towed back to Mitsubishi HQ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience