VW Golf GTI: Make It Whiter & Sexier

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
good day,

1st of all, i need to apologize for my bad photograph skill. something wrong with my camera before i need to detail the next day, i was so panic and scared. how am i suppose to detail without a camera? luckily one of my friend who is kind enough to borrow her DSLR to me but i still didnt manage have time to learn. i was so upset.. this is my 1st post without the 50/50 pictures. but anyway, what happen is already happened. i cant blame no one but i will just write down any single thing i have done to this GTI.

let me introduce you

poop

the usually things we can find in white car

the hood

exhaust

unattractive carbon side mirror

after all the inspection was done, the 1st area i plan to tackle is the rim, exhaust and rear bumper diffuser. OPC was carry out to clean the wheel diluted 1:3

i clean the brake caliper as well

i assume this stains on the diffuser are the smoke stain from road, maybe tar

not only from the diffuser, i found the rear trunk jambs are also found the same issue

i like using OPC to wash the car 1st cause at least the dirt wont stick to the pad when im done prep the surface. after the OPC wash, i clayed the car then give another wash with ONR. a grit guard was used for not picking up dirt below to caused scratches. emblem, trims also brush with a soft brush with OPC too.

after a good bath and surface preparation

as usual, i will tape all the area to avoid any compound dust go in

roof as well

this car being wash by the owner him self and also send to outside, i found plenty of RIDS on the paint and also some swirls of course. the sadly part is, i cant capture any of this evidence.. maybe because its white or i really dont know how to use DSLR. before compounding i have mcds for lunch cause i knew 8hours wouldnt be enough for me to finish up.

before

after

before

after

before

after

for recording purpose

before sticker mark

after

remember?

now

before

after

the whole process was:-

deep wash with OPC diluted 1:5
de-contaminant with PermaGlass
re-wash with ONR
wheel clean with OPC diluted 1:3

compounded with M105 Ultra-Cut Compound with double sided wool at speed 3
polish with M205 Ultra-Finishing Polish with double sided foam at speed 2
finish with M21 2.0 Synthetic Sealant with double sided foam at speed 1.5
wax with OCW
carbon product (spoiler, side mirror and front grill) sealed with Opti-Seal

interior clean with Opti-Clean
interior protected with Optimum Leather Protectant
door jambs clean with Opti-Clean
rear trunk jamb clean with OPC

tires dressed with Meguiars Endurance Tire Gel

my story are just messy.. thanks for reading and sorry for the inconvenience.

Lepakboy

Jul 7, 2004
Whilst this may be off topic, does anybody know the name of that camera mount and where he/she got it? Really need something like that for my work :)

KrisMas

Known Member
Apr 1, 2008
Camera mount? You mean that yellow tripod stand? You can easily find it at any ACE Hardware store. Normally it comes together with one or two halogen floodlight.

muyo

Known Member
Jan 27, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Whilst this may be off topic, does anybody know the name of that camera mount and where he/she got it? Really need something like that for my work :)
hi Lepakboy, i dont know too. the mount is actually for racing junkies to record while racing on the street/circuit. if you're interested i can ask it for you since i know the owner.

Lepakboy

Jul 7, 2004
Cheers Muyo, definitely appreciate it.

Actually Krismas, thanks for bringing that up as it reminds me I need to buy some lights.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Superb job bro... See you tomorrow for a 99 showdown :)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys,

Well just wanted to know something....i m drivin a iswara a/b 1.3 carbie.Planning to install some meters.If i m installing a oil pressure gauge,water temp or oil temp gauge,how actually would their install it on my car.I mean,do they need to drill or do any modification on the engine? Anybody can explain the process for me?Thanks. :wink:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience