Viper 5000 Report

altisdude

May 3, 2005
Installed my Viper 5000 last Friday, took from 10am to 8pm to finish installation. My legs are still suffering from standing so long. Took half a day to figure out the wires. It seems the new Altis have a different model of Cobra alarm.

Here is my take on the new alarm.

1. They could not take out the existing Cobra, going back to have the cobra disabled tomorrow, at the very least disable everything except the immobilizer.

2. They reused both the Cobra's Tilt and Hypersonic sensor with the viper 5000, they are compatible.

3. Viper comes with shock sensor for the body. Have to add 250 more for the glass sensor. I jacked up the sensivitiy 2 notches and now it detects shock even in the glasses. No need for glass sensor.

4. The notification beep is quite loud, infact the vibrator is louder (yes similar to handphone). I enabled both of them. Has red backlight also. This was my biggest issue with Radiostar the beep was not loud.

5. The range is incredible. I parked my car at Giant Batu Caves. My car was parked at the end of the car park. I was inside the opposite end of Giant, the transponder was still receiving signal for my car. Perfect. However I cannot trigger any command as the transponder was not powerful enoungh to transmit so far. In short can receive but cannot transmit that far.

6. Can adjust the arm/disarm notification to be same as Proton, 1 beep for arming and 2 for disarm.

7. Does not have the autolock at 30km/h feature but autolocks at the start of engine and auto opens the door once the ignition is off.

So far quite satisfied, I better be for the 1800 bucks spend.

Thats all for now.

altisdude

May 3, 2005
wakakaka7 said:
waaaaaa so expensivee ur alarm..1.8k..
You should see the people installing ICE, thousands of dollars on a pair of speakers .... ouch.

I guess if you want the best, you must pay for it.

S1997

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
altis...whats the diff between viper 5000 and the cheaper range viper? chepaer range viper as in those with basic shock sensor only?

5000's sensor is more sensative?

planning to invest in one of cheaper range viper actually...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

<iframe width="335" height="200" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N2wwCwa0-FE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yes, you can now catch the latest of Zerotohundred.com snippets on the Big Screen at The Pavilion KL the next time you're enjoying a Frappe at Starbucks or a Pint at La Bodega. Thanks to the gigantic Brand@Vision's Sharp Aquos digital billboard display, you can now get a glimpse of the coolest side of cars that we dish out daily.

Alfresco dining at The Pavilion will...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience