Vios 2005 Air Cond Smelly

lengonn

Apr 24, 2008
Dear Sifus,

I encounter burning smells whenever I accelerate above 130km++, brought my car to a few workshop and even Toyota Service they could not identify the problem.

Actually I did off my aircond and accelerate above 130km++ but the burning smells still come in. I'm not sure if the smells are from aircond or not?

Any Sifus can guide me on this problem? I took for servicing a few times and changes the filter but still the same problem encountered.

Please help. . TQ

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
yah...could be a/c compressor...try revving to hiway speed rpm at idle n ask somebody to check if any burn smell coming from engine area n where the source. could be compressor oil low...

risyia

Known Member
Feb 16, 2005
Pandan Indah
it could be a slipping air con/alternator belting at high revs, the friction btw the rubber belt & the pulley giving out burning rubber smell

lengonn

Apr 24, 2008
I had it revved idle and the smell are definitely coming from the engine area but could not identify where and which parts is causing that rubber smell problem..

arturo, does this mean I need bring to the service shop to check my compressor oil?

lengonn

Apr 24, 2008
never notice any smoke coming out for so long since the smell occur..

If I were to bring the car the workshop what should I ask them check on directly? Otherwise they are gonna tell me the same thing that my aircond corrupts.. =)

Vol Tex

From Facebook
Aug 21, 2011
www.facebook.com
if u wanna cure the problem , straight forward send ur car for Ac service , they will change the gas n add compresser oil for u, and u can also ask them to check ur fan belt whether is gud condition or bad or mayb too tight

mike77kl

Known Member
Aug 29, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, when i start the engine in the morning and let it idle, i open the bonet and could hear noise coming from the compressor before it even kicks in. The drive belt is rotating it and it gives off noise. I just fill up gas the other day after i see many bubble at the tiny round window, already fill gas now no more bubble already. I just do an inspection and i hear the noise. I never ask the pomen to add oil to the compressor coz i dun know it needs to in the first place. Why we need add compressor oil and when to do it? I just spent RM45 to fill gas, if now i go add oil, do i need to fill gas again? Hope add some oil could solve the noise problem. May i know how much i need to pay for the compressor oil? Is it like engine oil that needs to be renew?

sgwangacc

Known Member
Oct 17, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
www.sgwangacc.com.my
Hi, when i start the engine in the morning and let it idle, i open the bonet and could hear noise coming from the compressor before it even kicks in. The drive belt is rotating it and it gives off noise. I just fill up gas the other day after i see many bubble at the tiny round window, already fill gas now no more bubble already. I just do an inspection and i hear the noise. I never ask the pomen to add oil to the compressor coz i dun know it needs to in the first place. Why we need add compressor oil and when to do it? I just spent RM45 to fill gas, if now i go add oil, do i need to fill gas again? Hope add some oil could solve the noise problem. May i know how much i need to pay for the compressor oil? Is it like engine oil that needs to be renew?
HI mike,

If the gas is sufficient, when you add oil, you do not need to fill gas again.
Normally, the compressor oil is about RM60 and not necessary to be renewed.
Sometimes, the noise may be caused by other issues, such as belt. It's better for you to get some technicians check on the problem.

Or you're welcomed to look for us for FREE thorough air-cond checking.

It's our pleasure to identify and seek the immediate solution for you.

Thanks,
Fei

Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang (Car Accessories)
Tel: +603-62582552 Email: [email protected]
Address: 649, Jalan Ipoh Bt 4, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Working hours: 8.30am - 7.30pm (Mon-Sat)
Website:SYKT. AKSESORI KERETA SUNGAI WANG Facebook: Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang Lelong: sgwangacc

About us
Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang has long established in 1982 and located at Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur. We are experienced in car accessories, car audio system and car alarm system installation, car windows tinting and also air conditioner service. We ensure our qualified employees are skillful to cater to every automobile and fulfill all customer needs.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

never notice any smoke coming out for so long since the smell occur..

If I were to bring the car the workshop what should I ask them check on directly? Otherwise they are gonna tell me the same thing that my aircond corrupts.. =)
if u wanna cure the problem , straight forward send ur car for Ac service , they will change the gas n add compresser oil for u, and u can also ask them to check ur fan belt whether is gud condition or bad or mayb too tight

lengonn, like Vol Tex mentioned, you'd just find any trusted technicians and indicate the smoke issue as you stated earlier. I think they'll check the necessary. It's good to do air-cond service if you haven't done for some time.

If you don't mind, we'd like to do FREE checking on your air-cond parts on the smoke problem.

Thanks,
Fei

"Don't find fault. Find a remedy. -by Henry Ford"

Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang (Car Accessories)
Tel: +603-62582552 Email: [email protected]
Address: 649, Jalan Ipoh Bt 4, 51200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Working hours: 8.30am - 7.30pm (Mon-Sat)
Website:SYKT. AKSESORI KERETA SUNGAI WANG Facebook: Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang Lelong: sgwangacc

About us
Syarikat Aksesori Kereta Sungai Wang has long established in 1982 and located at Jalan Ipoh, Kuala Lumpur. We are experienced in car accessories, car audio system and car alarm system installation, car windows tinting and also air conditioner service. We ensure our qualified employees are skillful to cater to every automobile and fulfill all customer needs.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys . im jim
i just bought satria 1.3
converted to gti body kits and loaded with 4g93t.

well, i just wanna know do i have to port and polish my engine?
how much do i have to spend on it ?
all in a standards ,as in the intercooler,the turbine and all.

whats the best setup for me,and how much does it cost.
and for the record,its a daily driven car and i wanna have an experience to join time attack.

could you guys please help me on spending money on my satria "cabok" .

thx
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience