Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

The 2020 City goes to town with new everything, including the much torqued about 253nm i-MMD hybrid engine. Looks pretty good in its RS trim as well.

Honda Malaysia hasn't revealed much else until its official launch in Q4 but judging from the teaser car, showing off its lanewatch cam and prominent windshield cam, the City seems set to get Honda Sensing which will likely include adaptive cruise control, lane keeping, auto emergency braking and such autonomous driving stuff, all in a Honda City. Sounds like a game changer if true, let's see.

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
I wonder how long the battery can last and how much to replace tbh. Great tech & idea, not sure how reliable.
They've not mentioned the lithium ion battery capacity as well, I hope it gets a good fat e range

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Watched the video. So hot. I want.

• Love
Reactions: Tom

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur
Well as long as u have petrol to generate the electricity hahahaha
Actually looking forward to a particular drive mode that brakes and regens when throttle is off, so a driver technically doesn't need to use the brake pedal to stop.

Not sure if it'll be in the new city, like this one:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I can envision this car trying to cucuk behind other bigger cars on highway. Lol Tailights kinda like BMW G30?

Sexy lady btw!

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
I can envision this car trying to cucuk behind other bigger cars on highway. Lol Tailights kinda like BMW G30?

Sexy lady btw!
In Malaysia, no chance, the legendary Myvi is the king of the road.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
very interesting tech.... the fella might not have much power at higher speeds tho since its got no gearbox

in a conventional car, the gearbox is a means to manipulate torque yea?

6UE5t

6,000 RPM

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
In Malaysia, no chance, the legendary Myvi is the king of the road.
Bro, even now with the older City, I already saw quite often they drive like they own the road already wor! Maybe trying to dethrone Myvi.

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
very interesting tech.... the fella might not have much power at higher speeds tho since its got no gearbox

Sorta, you can say that. I am more curious how all the naysayers will come and say the battery will spoil la, the motor will spoil la, blah blah blah.

HONESTLY, the real thing that kill batteries is heat. But in this implementation the battery is so small, ~1kWh if not mistaken. But it is in constant state of charge/discharge.

@Tom I couldn't find any information about this technology's battery cooling, may be a worthwhile article to readers worldwide on the lifespan & cooling of the battery. Provided its not a white elephant that Honda is trying to avoid. The Nissan Leaf is a complete disaster with no battery cooling lol.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005

This City don't need a gearbox coz the wheels are driven by electric motor and has no connection with the engine. The engine only has a single ratio 1:1 when it cuts in to help during the high speed mode. Correct me if im wrong. There's only a mechanism to make the connections switch between the wheels and electric motors and engine. Even for this city the Reverse is powered by the electric motor also.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Sorta, you can say that. I am more curious how all the naysayers will come and say the battery will spoil la, the motor will spoil la, blah blah blah.

HONESTLY, the real thing that kill batteries is heat. But in this implementation the battery is so small, ~1kWh if not mistaken. But it is in constant state of charge/discharge.

@Tom I couldn't find any information about this technology's battery cooling, may be a worthwhile article to readers worldwide on the lifespan & cooling of the battery. Provided its not a white elephant that Honda is trying to avoid. The Nissan Leaf is a complete disaster with no battery cooling lol.
I think they be using liquid cooling the battery and this city is on Lithium Ion

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
This City don't need a gearbox coz the wheels are driven by electric motor and has no connection with the engine. The engine only has a single ratio 1:1 when it cuts in to help during the high speed mode. Correct me if im wrong. There's only a mechanism to make the connections switch between the wheels and electric motors and engine. Even for this city the Reverse is powered by the electric motor also.
yea i get that, what i mean is, at lower gears, our torque is 'multiplied'.... without a gearbox what you have is one ratio

what im assuming is, if it has even a 3 or even 2 speed it would be able to accelerate faster (theoretically?)

only strange thing (from what i have read) is that the electric motor and ice doesnt seem to be able to run at the same time