[Urgent] Where to make Oil Cooler Lines?

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
The Earls (Blue-Red color) fitting sold at shop area sunway. You can search it from mudah.my.
But I use industrial clamp and fitting for my oil cooler hose. You can visit any hydraulic shop and ask them.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Gas Cooker hose can withstand oil?
can kua cos its quite thick, usually used to connect oil catch tank.
I wouldn't use gas hose. It can take the pressure but it's relatively stiff. Those clamps will not be able to clamp down to a tight seal that can survive the pressure. I've tried using before and ATF leaked out from the clamps. Worst case scenario for me the clamped section popped out right because too much pressure.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
can kua cos its quite thick, usually used to connect oil catch tank.
atf line got pressure too. I am using the petrol tube for efi cars for the oil catch tank

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

I wouldn't use gas hose. It can take the pressure but it's relatively stiff. Those clamps will not be able to clamp down to a tight seal that can survive the pressure. I've tried using before and ATF leaked out from the clamps. Worst case scenario for me the clamped section popped out right because too much pressure.
You just answer my query......:biggrin:

me2kimi

500 RPM
Jun 25, 2007
Puchong
It very bad to use those gas or hose clamp.
It has happend to me. To save cost, I use those type of clamp for oil cooler hose. After use for a few days, the hose connection burst and sprayed engine oil all arround engine bay.
Then after that straight away use proper hose fitting. Moral of the story, always use proper tools.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Comanche

Banned
Apr 23, 2014
Port Klang
Use gas hose for Oil cooler?? A typical Malaysian style "tidak apa" attitude! Gas hose is designed for gas and oil hose is designed for oil. The hose must withstand high temperature of oil such as ATF which can exceed 200 degrees Fahrenheit & pressure. DO NOT take things lightly especially if you're modifying a car. It may cost your life and others.

mosesmk

Known Member
Feb 21, 2012
Selangor
Guy, can i fix it to my NA car. Some people advise me no need to install it. Another friends do use it and there is significant temp drop.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Guy, can i fix it to my NA car. Some people advise me no need to install it. Another friends do use it and there is significant temp drop.
Don't do it when u are not tracking.

as stupidcar mentioned... otherwise u risk running the engine oil too cold... yes there is such a thing as too cold... and too cold it can damage ur engine.

but if u insist on getting one...get one that has a thermostat... the cheapest is AVS at about RM1k brand new... the rest like JASMA and Works all no thermostat.

other brands with thermostat are expensive... expect RM8xx and above for used kedai potong condition ones.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
so... anyone done the oil cooler lines? can give info on exactly where and how much it costs?

i just got me a used set and kinda need to redo the lines...

prefer subang/shah alam.... thanks

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
so... anyone done the oil cooler lines? can give info on exactly where and how much it costs?

i just got me a used set and kinda need to redo the lines...

prefer subang/shah alam.... thanks
just go to tracktor/heavy machinenery machine shop...they will do it with small pay..

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
just go to tracktor/heavy machinenery machine shop...they will do it with small pay..
can gimme exact location? i dunno where these shops are.